Northampton Town chairman: Coventry City can afford rent (1 Viewer)

Sub

Radio link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23241804

Northampton Town chairman: Coventry City can afford rent

Play media

Northampton Town chairman David Cardoza tells BBC Radio Northampton that he has no concerns over Coventry City's ability to pay their rent following their departure from the Ricoh Arena.

chiefdave

Is this guy all there? How can anyone not be concerned about getting paid by SISU? Do they not have internet access in Northampton, surely he could have done a quick check on Google before he got involved in this mess.

I think NTFC fans will live to regret the day he ever agreed to this.

RFC

Please explain, they've been paying ALL match costs at the Ricoh for over 6 months along with the players & staff's wages!!!!!!!!!

DazzleTommyDazzle

You have to say that about the only time anyone could get a smile out of this situation would be if SISU defaulted on the rent payment to Northampton.

chiefdave

Please explain, they've been paying ALL match costs at the Ricoh for over 6 months along with the players & staff's wages!!!!!!!!!

have they been paying the rent at the Ricoh? No. Have they been paying the maintenace and repair at Higgs Centre? No. Why would anyone expect this to go smoothly?

The Penguin

They're paying us a 6 figure sum per season to rent the stadium with 70% paid up front.

Out of curiosity, do you know who gets the proceeds from matchday sales of food and beverages?

I would imagine your club would; it's your ground, after all!

chiefdave

Good luck trying to get the other 30% Your fans should be really worried, getting into a deal with SISU can be nothing but bad news. They will find a way to screw you over, you can be sure of that.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Out of curiosity, do you know who gets the proceeds from matchday sales of food and beverages?

I would imagine your club would; it's your ground, after all!

Well, Cardoza states (quite smugly): "We are liable for absolutely nothing extra whatsoever. All the additional costs lie with Coventry and we will be sharing some of their revenue stream."

So, we're feckin' sharing the F&B's we moved away from the Ricoh to secure, eh?

FFS!!!! :thinking about:

The Penguin

Well, Cardoza states (quite smugly): "We are liable for absolutely nothing extra whatsoever. All the additional costs lie with Coventry and we will be sharing some of their revenue stream."

So, we're feckin' sharing the F&B's we moved away from the Ricoh to secure, eh?

FFS!!!! :thinking about:

Yet another nail in the 'this is all about the revenue' coffin then?

Ashdown1

He's also gloated how good it will be for the local shops, pubs and garages etc of Northampton, no mention of the negative effect on those of Coventry. He's just another greedy twat with no scruples whatsoever !

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yet another nail in the 'this is all about the revenue' coffin then?

There's no more room for any more nails. The lid must be more nail than wood.

It's so evidently not about rent, revenues or the football club's long term prosperity it's untrue. Those who think it is - well, I despair of them. But they should be chemically neutered so as to mitigate the chance for their errant mindset to be passed onto successive generations of the impressionable

DazzleTommyDazzle

There's no more room for any more nails. The lid must be more nail than wood.

It's so evidently not about rent, revenues or the football club's long term prosperity it's untrue. Those who think it is - well, I despair of them. But they should be chemically neutered so as to mitigate the chance for their errant mindset to be passed onto successive generations of the impressionable

Chemically? :D

Oz Howie

He's also gloated how good it will be for the local shops, pubs and garages etc of Northampton, no mention of the negative effect on those of Coventry. He's just another greedy twat with no scruples whatsoever !
He's starting to make SISU almost look good when it comes to single minded greed!

ajsccfc

I think their chairman is somewhat right in this case. It wasn't that SISU couldn't pay ACL as such, more that they just decided to stop. On that basis though, I wouldn't be too cocksure if I was him.

CovFan

The Northampton town chairman really is a morally bankrupt person. Sounds like him and SISU will be peas in a pod.

chiefdave

I think their chairman is somewhat right in this case. It wasn't that SISU couldn't pay ACL as such, more that they just decided to stop. On that basis though, I wouldn't be too cocksure if I was him.

exactly right, how stupid can he be. he's basically come out and told their fans not to worry, the only problem with SISU is they don't pay the rent if they don't feel like it!

nothing against NTFC fans but this guy is acting like a prize idiot and it will be NTFC as a whole not this chap who are remembered for their part in the death of CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread