Northampton Town FC - SAVETHECOBBLERS (1 Viewer)

SaveTheCobblers

Good Morning All

Its with regret that I am posting for this reason on your fans forum.

Northampton Town FC are at risk of going out of business in 2 weeks time. We face a winding up petition on the 16th November for an unpaid tax bill. We also find ourselves owing a massive 10Million pound loan to our local council which was taken out for stadium redevelopment, which has mysteriously gone missing in our property developing chairmans pockets David Cardoza.

I personally have followed the cobblers across land and sea of the UK, visiting the majority of the 92 football league clubs. I ask in hope that you can help us with raising awareness to our cause with help growing publicity on social media. We have a twitter pages [MENTION=8459]SaveTheCobblers[/MENTION] and using the hashtags #SaveTheCobblers.

Finally, I ask if you can all dig deep for as little or as much as you can. We have a fund raising page which is https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ntfctrust , we've set a target of £100,000 to help with the tax bill and day to day running of the club but unfortunately whats needed is substantially more! We are currently just over £18,000.

Thank you for your time reading this, and we do hope to be still in existence come Christmas!!

Thanks
NTFC Supporters.

harvey098

Would have expected someone to personalise the generic message a little for the coventry forum given our clubs recent history on this matter. Nonetheless, its not nice what's happening to you lot. Good luck!

torchomatic

Nothing to do with the Northampton fans though, is it? Not their fault they have shit owners as it's not our fault either. If I remember rightly many on here were cutting and pasting messages of help on other forums.

Not nice to see any club in trouble. Hope they sort it out.

Would have expected someone to personalise the generic message a little for the coventry forum given our clubs recent history on this matter. Nonetheless, its not nice what's happening to you lot. Good luck!

H

Huckerby

Good Morning All

Its with regret that I am posting for this reason on your fans forum.

Northampton Town FC are at risk of going out of business in 2 weeks time. We face a winding up petition on the 16th November for an unpaid tax bill. We also find ourselves owing a massive 10Million pound loan to our local council which was taken out for stadium redevelopment, which has mysteriously gone missing in our property developing chairmans pockets David Cardoza.

I personally have followed the cobblers across land and sea of the UK, visiting the majority of the 92 football league clubs. I ask in hope that you can help us with raising awareness to our cause with help growing publicity on social media. We have a twitter pages [MENTION=8459]SaveTheCobblers[/MENTION] and using the hashtags #SaveTheCobblers.

Finally, I ask if you can all dig deep for as little or as much as you can. We have a fund raising page which is https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ntfctrust , we've set a target of £100,000 to help with the tax bill and day to day running of the club but unfortunately whats needed is substantially more! We are currently just over £18,000.

Thank you for your time reading this, and we do hope to be still in existence come Christmas!!

Thanks
NTFC Supporters.
We of all fans should appreciate your situation. Hope it gets sorted out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

How is £100k going to help when £10million is needed?

I believe that the £100k is the outstanding bill from the inland revenue and it's them who have put in the winding up petition. So if they can pay that it's the first hurdle.

Monners

And meanwhile Cardoza's new house is being built on the edge of Northampton!

They really are in the mire - I know plenty of season ticket holders who feel that this may well be it for them, although there is talk of a takeover from the former Oxford Chairman who did a good job there.

Incidetnally Brian Lomax RIP

Captain Dart

Don't take the hit for Cardoza!

skybluetony176

Just a thought. If you do raise the money can you actually pay someone else's tax bill on their behalf? Will you have to donate it to the club in the hope that they will use the money to specifically pay the tax bill? If that's the case how do you know it will be used for it's intended purpose? Will it just get swallowed up in the mountain of debt that the club seems to be in meaning that the winding up order will happen anyway?

rob9872

Come and watch City play instead - and if anyone has any spare change then give it to the trust instead as I still suspect that one day our need will be greater, however good things currently look on the pitch.

If they find the 100K for this what's the score with the loan that seemed to go missing?
The Council will probably use the land that cardoza was going to develop to recoup the money. They have also said they will pursue him for it

Il do that bit and can probably be a bit more candid than an official trust representative.

NTFC's trust were sidelined massively by cardoza. They didn't get to have a meaningful say in their own club's fate let alone your's during your stay with us. I know for a fact there were people on our trust who were against the rental deal but whatever they thought it didn't matter anyway. A lot of people trusted cardoza to do what was right for our club at least; fans, politicians, local journos, turned out we were wrong. The signs were there and the cov deal was a massive one.

After all that happened there was bound to be a few comments between both sets of fans online and I'm sure there will be more on Saturday but overall I think the majority of fans were aware it was our respective shitty owners who were responsible for the situation. There were probably only two people that wanted that deal to happen, Cardoza and Sepalla.

Funnily enough even though back then we were the landlord and you the tenant, I had a feeling it would come back to haunt us and we'd be asking other club's fans for help again and here we are. If you do feel inclined to help on https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ntfctrust our future is very much uncertain.

The best thing that can happen is we will get taken over by cardoza's preferred buyer who's intentions are unclear. If that does happen, and it is a massive if, then any money donated will go to the trust to give them a fighting chance of having a bigger say in the club's future.

With regards to saturday are Newcastle letting Armstrong play? The ideal scenario for us would be a televised replay although I'd take a win. ;)

Covstu

FFS people love to have a dig where it's not needed, what do you expect him to do? Put it on sky blue coloured text to make you feel happy?

anyway to the topic, gutted for you and will happily donate a few quid but I agree with tony in that surely you need some protection that this mo eh is going to the Rev instead of cardoza's new swimming pool

FFS people love to have a dig where it's not needed, what do you expect him to do? Put it on sky blue coloured text to make you feel happy?

anyway to the topic, gutted for you and will happily donate a few quid but I agree with tony in that surely you need some protection that this mo eh is going to the Rev instead of cardoza's new swimming pool
cardoza was clever enough to ensure all the debts were with the club rather than him. If the revenue debt isnt met the club will be wound up.
obviously saturday could potentially be our last ever away game so a lot of people want to go although some are worried what cardoza will do with his half of the gate reciepts as he is still technicallly chairman even if he isn't paying his employees.

Grendel

cardoza was clever enough to ensure all the debts were with the club rather than him. If the revenue debt isnt met the club will be wound up.
obviously saturday could potentially be our last ever away game so a lot of people want to go although some are worried what cardoza will do with his half of the gate reciepts as he is still technicallly chairman even if he isn't paying his employees.

The only time this has happened before as I recall the council forced administration at Port Vale to save the club.

Why won't Northampton council do the same as they are the major creditor?

chiefdave

Has anyone spoken to our trust? Should be a decent crowd Saturday so you want want to speak to them and get some people out with the collection buckets.

skybluetony176

The only time this has happened before as I recall the council forced administration at Port Vale to save the club.

As I understood it the council put Port Vale into administration because another party (don't recall who) were threatening to put it straight into liquidation meaning that the club would have disappeared.

As far as I'm aware no one is currently threatening NTFC with liquidation.

theres talk of them opposing the winding up order but not administration.
Personally I think its in the council's interest to pay the taxman off, add it on to the loan money then do a deal with kelvin thomas to get the whole lot back. They also owe it to the club, as they should have done a better job of monitoring the loan. They let cardoza and his gang keep drawing money down from the loan even though no work was being done on the stand.

skybluetony176

theres talk of them opposing the winding up order but not administration.
Personally I think its in the council's interest to pay the taxman off, add it on to the loan money then do a deal with kelvin thomas to get the whole lot back. They also owe it to the club, as they should have done a better job of monitoring the loan. They let cardoza and his gang keep drawing money down from the loan even though no work was being done on the stand.

That's shocking.

CJ_covblaze

We will be helping with the bucket collection on Saturday around the ground. This is a shocking situation and has the smell of a deal closer to home (our previous one anyway).

Gazolba

What is the Football League doing to help, or is that a silly question?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I see David Conn has just written a piece on Northampton. I hope their trust doesn't put a link on their website to it. After all it's illegal ;)

Astute

More details on where the money went.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34750400

This was going on when Fisher was spouting on about us building our own stadium. And since it went tits up he hasn't said a word :thinking about:

Leicester went through one administration to get their ground built. Cardoza went through several to get one partly built. It looks like he had £2.65m to cushion the blow and his companies set up saw to the rest of the money. No wonder the police are looking into the situation. If it is how it looks they would make SISU look saints.

Covstu

Disgraceful, didn't the cricket club come up with major financial issues not too long ago?

skybluetony176

More details on where the money went.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34750400

This was going on when Fisher was spouting on about us building our own stadium. And since it went tits up he hasn't said a word :thinking about:

Leicester went through one administration to get their ground built. Cardoza went through several to get one partly built. It looks like he had £2.65m to cushion the blow and his companies set up saw to the rest of the money. No wonder the police are looking into the situation. If it is how it looks they would make SISU look saints.

Perhaps that's the real reason why we came home. SISU found out what he was like and didn't want their otherwise untarnished reputation being muddied by being associated with him ;)

Users who are viewing this thread