Match Thread Northampton v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 28th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Northampton v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

ccfchoi87

RCC
Willis Clarke Rawson Haynes
Stevenson Reilly
Thomas Lamerais Reid
Beavon

Unfortunately that team would suit our style of play at the minute. I'm pretty sure the team slade picks will be a strange as every selection has been this season.

Joelly

Northampton lost 5 on the bounce and 8 in 10. Only team with worse form is ourselves.

Probably wont win but we might draw...

no_loyalty

Northampton lost 5 on the bounce and 8 in 10. Only team with worse form is ourselves.

Probably wont win but we might draw...

Nailed on home win then, if ever a team is on a bad run they generally end it against us

6 Generations

Nailed on home win then, if ever a team is on a bad run they generally end it against us

Yep, as you say, end their poor run,
Fix their main strikers goal drought.

If we perform like we did against Bolton we will not lose.

However a repeat of the last games 'hoofball' strategy will end in a score line of

'Cobblers 2- Wobblers 0

Monners

Friends who support Northampton are saying how dreadful they are, and have been for ages. They played a new formation last week in Edinburgh's first game and got torn apart by MK - trying to play on the deck in a diamond formation. They would take a draw. I did tell how shit we are as well though.

Edgey95

Is anyone walking from the station to the ground, or is it a cab job?

Monners

Is anyone walking from the station to the ground, or is it a cab job?
Its about a 20 -25 minute walk - away end is at the far end of the ground as you approach (all up hill too). Plenty of black cabs at the station though

If you are getting there early, then the town centre is a 10 minutes walk in the opposite direction - use the pubs as advised by NTFC on the other Northampton thread. There is a Black cab rank in the middle of the town.

Edgey95

Its about a 20 -25 minute walk - away end is at the far end of the ground as you approach (all up hill too). Plenty of black cabs at the station though

If you are getting there early, then the town centre is a 10 minutes walk in the opposite direction - use the pubs as advised by NTFC on the other Northampton thread. There is a Black cab rank in the middle of the town.
cheers pal

NTFC

If we are up for it Cobblers are capable of winning. We're not facing anything like the issues you are off the field and actually seem to have a decent chairman. There are also a few good players dotted about in Matt Taylor, Marc Richards, John-Joe O'Toole etc who are no mugs and have the quality to finish games. We were up as high as 5th at one point.

That said we are still sorting out the mess that Rob Page left and morale is not high so anything is possible. I'll go for a tight 2-1 win to us.

shmmeee

Considering we've done the opposite of what I've predicted recently. 2-1 loss Vernhams missus to be happy.

CCFCadam

Will be there on saturday, if I hadnt already bought my ticket before the fleetwood game I certainly would not be going because that was the poorest showing I have ever seen. Seeing as they are on a bad run not feeling very confident of getting anything out of this game so my prediction is 3-1 loss. Expecting there to be a bit of trouble at the game... Glassing an old man and unfortunatly I witnessed a grown 20+ year old man starting on a kid no more than 12 years old because he was giving it 'the big I am' inside the ground. Just shows how scummy their fans really are

Edgey95

Will be there on saturday, if I hadnt already bought my ticket before the fleetwood game I certainly would not be going because that was the poorest showing I have ever seen. Seeing as they are on a bad run not feeling very confident of getting anything out of this game so my prediction is 3-1 loss. Expecting there to be a bit of trouble at the game... Glassing an old man and unfortunatly I witnessed a grown 20+ year old man starting on a kid no more than 12 years old because he was giving it 'the big I am' inside the ground. Just shows how scummy their fans really are
Hopefully not im going on my own haha!

jimmyhillsfanclub

got a horrible feeling we're gonna get humped.....

3-0.

Make sure you wrap up warm lads....double up that beer coat layer.

I won't be there this season......but I will freeze to death & witness another 6-pointer defeat at boundary lane in a fortnight.....same shit, different ground

Happy Friday folks.

Steve.B50

We need a win, any sort of win, a dirty one a lucky one and stolen one I don't care.
Going to be cold on that hill and anything positive will be very much appricate.

Steve.B50

How many do you think will be on the hill Steve?

No idea, I know of about 20 who are intending to to watch from Hill.
I imagine a few more will give it a go who cannot get tickets.
The view from the hill is a lot better than most imagine.

If we are 3-0 down or to cold we can slip off early without the chants of we can see you sneaking out.

The idea is to have a rally about 2.30 so then those going into ground game can walk down the hill to seats leaving us stubborn lot on top of the hill.

Nick

Administrator
No idea, I know of about 20 who are intending to to watch from Hill.
I imagine a few more will give it a go who cannot get tickets.
The view from the hill is a lot better than most imagine.

If we are 3-0 down or to cold we can slip off early without the chants of we can see you sneaking out.

The idea is to have a rally about 2.30 so then those going into ground game can walk down the hill to seats leaving us stubborn lot on top of the hill.
Can I bring the quattro?

clint van damme

Lucy-Verasamy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread