Match Thread Northampton v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 28th Jan (1 Viewer)

AVWskyblue

My mate Tim? Grow up will you.

As I said, stuff like today makes it easy for him doesn't it? How much of his next thing on CWR will be about FA fines and point deductions rather than whats happening with the academy for example?
What is all this (your mate Tim) or (oh your protective of sisu) garbage, if half of you angry guys took a thought or a deep breath before you post you would clearly see Nick and others point of view. The pitch Invasions incur a fine or points deduction that hurt and damage our club. It's like kicking a bloke who's out cold bleeding to death, a senseless of cowardly act usually committed in the throws of some sort of manic rage. Yes we are all angry and hurting at the plight of the club we all love, and but the answer is certainly not found in actions that hurt the club more or even attracting fellow loyal fans because they don't identify with your train of thought. We need to take a step back to calm ourselves then unite and don our thinking caps and try to find a way that really exposes Side, and Sepalla etc and get full media attention without kicking our club any more, after all all CCFC have left to protect it now is us loyal fans who have supported it through all the turmoil, so think on lads

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Otis

What's happened to the Wembley buzz people were on about 24 hours ago, guaranteed sell out
Well people thought there would be an upturn in fortunes following a morale boosting cup win to take us into the last four of a cup.

That's what created the buzz.

Losing 3-0 to a team on a dreadful run and sinking us lower killed the buzz.

lifeskyblue

I'm more concerned about this than anything else right now. It's very worrying!

Absolutely. As fans we don't seem to be able to agree on anything. We bicker with each other and appear more delighted in scoring points off each other than we do in standing together. We must have a policy to wrest control of the club from the current owners but we are divided and don't have common aims

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Smith

And let him get a forth for good measure!

Thanks for the commentary today much appreciated even if we were shit on the pitch.

Skyblueweeman

8th place during those 18 months lol. Have a day off.

Sum chavs on here wanting 442 with big man upfront etc. No tiki taka. Well done u got it. Enjoy

A. As well as taking us from 19th to 1st, he then took us to 8th.
B. 8th isn't anything to celebrate.
C. I don't care what the chavs wanted. I'm most definitely not a chav.
D. I didn't get what I wanted...3 points.
E. I got another shit Saturday afternoon, reminiscent of the last 12 months of TMs tenure.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks for the commentary today much appreciated even if we were shit on the pitch.

No worries. Just wish I could have posted more about the team and us actually doing something.....

This thread will go down as a memorable one though; 1 corner and 1 shot both of which came beyond the normal 90 minutes :(

lifeskyblue

Only one foot, but he was high. Bit of a rash tackle but should have been yellow at worst. Oh and no sky twat was that side of pitch.

Just seen it on tv. Studs were up and Willis can have no complaints. The Stevenson got himself wrong footed and that was that.
We ended their 5 game losing streak not by them outplaying us but by us stupidly getting a player sent off and then capitulating.

PUSB

skybluedan

No worries. Just wish I could have posted more about the team and us actually doing something.....

This thread will go down as a memorable one though; 1 corner and 1 shot both of which came beyond the normal 90 minutes :(

yeah shocking fair play to ya anyway though man

idm1975

Just seen it on tv. Studs were up and Willis can have no complaints. The Stevenson got himself wrong footed and that was that.
We ended their 5 game losing streak not by them outplaying us but by us stupidly getting a player sent off and then capitulating.

PUSB
The ref initially told him to calm down and then the player on the floor decided to act like he had been shot and i think thats what turned it to a red.

Otis

PUSB
Yep, just watched it. Was only one footed, but reckless. Can't see we can have too many complaints.

No need for him to make that challenge.

Stevenson then at fault and DKE seems to be just jogging back until he sees the attacker suddenly with the ball.

Think Burge could have done better for the second one too.

ecky

Your words were at the very least defending those who have been or might become violent through frustration with the plight of our club. At worst your words were actually condoning it fella

...onwards & upwards PUSB
your interpretation was wrong then

James Smith

According to the BBC we had two shots, one on target either way it must be something of a record for us.

covcity4life

A. As well as taking us from 19th to 1st, he then took us to 8th.
B. 8th isn't anything to celebrate.
C. I don't care what the chavs wanted. I'm most definitely not a chav.
D. I didn't get what I wanted...3 points.
E. I got another shit Saturday afternoon, reminiscent of the last 12 months of TMs tenure.

8th is bettee than 24th and losing every league game​

covman

Yep, plenty of bickering and vile insults, what the actual fuck is wrong with this fan-base?! We blame the SHIT out of ourselves, in an emotionally charged rage that we cannot direct elsewhere - buy a punch bag, lads, it helps. Trust me.

This mindless finger-pointing and deeply offensive shit, directed at our own, is atrocious. Yes, we're nose-deep in the brown stuff, and we love our club despite the horrific situation it's in, but please, save the anger for those that warrant it. Puff on a blunt, down a can or 10, meditate or bum the wife, or whatever. Just chill it, lads. We're in this together.

Couldn't agree more. Save it for those that support our owners.

Irish Sky Blue

Back the team, protest against the owners.

Surely that should be the one clear main factor in any protest.

Of course the club could be hurt as a result for some actions, but it shouldn't be the aim. Throwing flares on the pitch ONLY hurts the club and no-one else.

I understand the frustrations of those at the match today. What do you suggest for an effective protest against the owners?

letsallsingtogether

Not in the slightest, it's funny.

Spit it out then?

What are you going to make up?
I Have never made anything up stop your lying.
I have posted things I have heard etc.
You on the other hand have a different agenda to most so keep calling people liers and back patters you are reaching a level I never thought even you would reach.
You talk about unity but then cause more divide then any other poster on here.
That is a fact not a lie, which considering this is your site is rather disturbing.

Otis

I understand the frustrations of those at the match today. What do you suggest for an effective protest against the owners?
As I have said a few times. A sit in on the pitch at half time, delaying the second half kick off would surely be much more preferable to disrupting the actual game itself.

Something like that shouldn't affect the players in the same way constant disruptions would.?

Disrupting the game surely can result in the players losing concentration.

Otis

Never a sending off

Disagree. He carried on through. Took the ball and then took the man unfortunately.

Could possibly have got a yellow for it, but so many refs would give that as a straight red.

Any appeal would be rejected out of hand I'm sure. It was reckless and studs were up.

Astute

As I have said a few times. A sit in on the pitch at half time, delaying the second half kick off would surely be much more preferable to disrupting the actual game itself.

Something like that shouldn't affect the players in the same way constant disruptions would.?

Disrupting the game surely can result in the players losing concentration.
Yes as you keep saying you would prefer something that would be missed by everyone not at the game.

FFS we are bottom of Division 3. If we go down....and it is looking very likely. ...we will be one more step from becoming a non league club. Will you still be happy with sitting on the pitch for a coupleof minutes?

Users who are viewing this thread