Match Thread Northampton v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 28th Jan (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yes as you keep saying you would prefer something that would be missed by everyone not at the game.

FFS we are bottom of Division 3. If we go down....and it is looking very likely. ...we will be one more step from becoming a non league club. Will you still be happy with sitting on the pitch for a coupleof minutes?
Why would it be missed? Second half delayed for 10 mins would be all over the media.

What's the difference between a sit in at the end of the game and one at half time?

Why is it okay after the game where there is no delay to the play and not at half time when there IS a delay to the play?

Otis

Just seen the highlights, at full speed it looks like a firm but fair challenge from Willis.

Burge at fault for two goals.
But these days you simply can't go into a tackle like that with your studs showing and it doesn't matter that he got the player first, he carried on into the player.

It was reckless at best.

Worst thing of all, it was needless.

SkyBlue_Bear83

531f203f42ebb6404f8acfe61cf038d7.png

Looks a good challenge

Otis

531f203f42ebb6404f8acfe61cf038d7.png

Looks a good challenge
That is on the snapshot. It's his going into the player after that did him.

I would suspect there isn't a cat in hell's chance that will get rescinded.

Not only might that cost us the game, but it might severely dent our EFL Trophy chances too. :(

Otis

Can't really tell from that pic. Might be my failing eyes, but it's a bit blurry.

If I thought for a minute we had a chance of getting recinded I would be all over it, but the ref is going to say the studs were up and he went through the player unfortunately.

:(

SkyBlue_Bear83

That is on the snapshot. It's his going into the player after that did him.

I would suspect there isn't a cat in hell's chance that will get rescinded.

Not only might that cost us the game, but it might severely dent our EFL Trophy chances too. :(
That's just momentum, both players running in for a 50-50 challenge.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can't really tell from that pic. Might be my failing eyes, but it's a bit blurry.

If I thought for a minute we had a chance of getting recinded I would be all over it, but the ref is going to say the studs were up and he went through the player unfortunately.

:(
You can see the Northampton players red boot sticking out from behind our number 9's right leg.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Will not be seen that way if we appeal unfortunately.
I'm not saying it would be rescinded, but there's no way that is a red card. If it was I would say so.

I don't really get the he went through the player argument, both players were running full pelt for a 50-50 theres going to be a collision that can't be helped. Willis was just stronger, if he wasn't then the Northampton would have went through Willis. Now if one of the players was at a stand still, then I'd see what you mean

Otis

I haven't gone back and re-analised it, but on first showing I thought red, but most definitely a yellow.

I can't see how that is a fair challenge. Not in this day and age anyway.

Otis

And I just can't see how anyone would say that definitely didn't even deserve a yellow.

Not having a go here, just a friendly debate. Just picking up on the fair challenge comment.

If it's a fair challenge it's not a red, or a yellow, or even a free kick. :)

Nick

Administrator
I Have never made anything up stop your lying.
I have posted things I have heard etc.
You on the other hand have a different agenda to most so keep calling people liers and back patters you are reaching a level I never thought even you would reach.
You talk about unity but then cause more divide then any other poster on here.
That is a fact not a lie, which considering this is your site is rather disturbing.

What have you heard then?

Ah so it's me dividing fans?

What's my agenda?

Again, spit it all out. Don't just try to imply things.

Astute

Why would it be missed? Second half delayed for 10 mins would be all over the media.

What's the difference between a sit in at the end of the game and one at half time?

Why is it okay after the game where there is no delay to the play and not at half time when there IS a delay to the play?
You need to get real Otis.

Sitting in the middle of the pitch wouldn't delay the game by 10 minutes. And it wouldn't get all over the media. And you would just be sitting there waiting to get arrested.

I don't exactly agree with flares being thrown onto the pitch during play. But it will be noticed much more than sitting on your arse in the middle of the pitch during HT.

Or should we wait until we are a non league club before doing something that gets noticed?

Astute

What have you heard then?

Ah so it's me dividing fans?

What's my agenda?

Again, spit it all out. Don't just try to imply things.
You divide many on here.

Agenda? You said in 1963 that SISU are bad. But ever since have just had a go at everyone else. But because you mentioned SISU in 1963 you are fair and impartial ;)

Otis

You need to get real Otis.

Sitting in the middle of the pitch wouldn't delay the game by 10 minutes. And it wouldn't get all over the media. And you would just be sitting there waiting to get arrested.

I don't exactly agree with flares being thrown onto the pitch during play. But it will be noticed much more than sitting on your arse in the middle of the pitch during HT.

Or should we wait until we are a non league club before doing something that gets noticed?
The main problem I have, Astute is that Sisu for the most part are just a faceless bunch of individual investors. They don't go to games. The probably don't even care about football.

The only way they will hear about this is probably at the end of some totally unimportant meeting, under any other business.

If I really thought the protests would work I would be a lot more enthusiastic.

The way I see it, the protests only work to get us publicity with the media and a wider understanding of football clubs and fans up and down the country. I thought that Sheff U protest was very well handled and thought out.

I really don't think Sisu blink a single eyelid at any protest though.

Not going to tarnish their name is it. You are not causing badwill for someone like Tesco or British Gas that can effect their business.

We now have the media eye. The last thing we want to turn into is yobish louts.

I have a fear this is where this is all going to end up going.

Terry Gibson's perm

The main problem I have, Astute is that Sisu for the most part are just a faceless bunch of individual investors. They don't go to games. The probably don't even care about football.

The only way they will hear about this is probably at the end of some totally unimportant meeting, under any other business.

The way I see it, the protests only work to get us publicity with the media and a wider understanding of football clubs and fans up and down the country. I thought that Sheff U protest was very well handled and thought out.

I really don't think Sisu blink a single eyelid at any protest though.

Not going to tarnish their name is it. You are not causing badwill for someone like Tesco or British Gas that can effect their business.

I shave a fear this is where this is going to end up going.

It's simple then the football league should make all clubs produce a list of investors no matter how small, but then again they live a bit of secrecy look at undisclosed fees.

Astute

The way I see it, the protests only work to get us publicity with the media and a wider understanding of football clubs and fans up and down the country.

I really don't think Sisu blink a single eyelid at any protest.

Not going to tarnish their name is it. You are causing badwill for someone like Tesco or British Gas.

I shave a fear this is where this is going to end up going.
You understate what pisses Joy off.

Before taking over our club went tits up there were no pictures of Joy on the net at all. So she must enjoy a private life. Now people know who she is and what she looks like. And you think that it will have no effect on her?

And now the media are on the case people will be able to see how bad SISU are at running things. They will see how much money they can lose if you invest in them. It is not aiming at the investors. It is aiming at Joy and wanting to put pressure on her to end this nightmare.

Terry Gibson's perm

Before taking over our club went tits up there were no pictures of Joy on the net at all. So she must enjoy a private life. Now people know who she is and what she looks like. And you think that it will have no effect on her?

And now the media are on the case people will be able to see how bad SISU are at running things. They will see how much money they can lose if you invest in them. It is not aiming at the investors. It is aiming at Joy and wanting to put pressure on her to end this nightmare.

And Coleman

Nick

Administrator
You divide many on here.

Agenda? You said in 1963 that SISU are bad. But ever since have just had a go at everyone else. But because you mentioned SISU in 1963 you are fair and impartial ;)
I divide? It's as if it was only me who disagrees with things like happened yesterday.

Id say rubbish like that whistle a massive amount of division yet I can't remember last having an issue?

What about posts like West end aggros, again how much division were caused by them? Where was last to disagree and mention division.

There are more like that...

I suggest he looks a bit closer to home if he is unhappy with division. What was it at sixfields, do not enter if you are a true sky blue?

Otis

I don't think business works like that. If the money is there business people will do business with them not matter how unscrupulous they are.

I think the only person pissed off is Fisher.

This gets back to Joy and I just don't think she is interested. I think she just says to Fisher 'you sort it out' and it is Fisher's neck on the line and that is why he gets pissed off with it.

Do think Joy is going to be that bothered her picture has appeared in the paper a couple of times? Seriously?

She's not a celeb. The press aren't going to be following her round and knockin on her door.

I think we are just a minor irritation to her and I don't think she really is that bothered much at all.

Astute

I divide? It's as if it was only me who disagrees with things like happened yesterday.

Id say rubbish like that whistle a massive amount of division yet I can't remember last having an issue?

What about posts like West end aggros, again how much division were caused by them? Where was last to disagree and mention division.

There are more like that...

I suggest he looks a bit closer to home if he is unhappy with division. What was it at sixfields, do not enter if you are a true sky blue?
You asked about yourself. You didn't give a list of others :)

Samo

With respect Astute... how the hell do you know what pisses of JS?

And... no protest, be it flares or sit-ins are going remove SISU, only hard cash will prize their grasping hands off our club.

stevefloyd

Is Mr Mainwaring in here because we are doomed... got no chance beating Wycombe so lets face it this is our worst ever season in many peoples living history bar non

Otis

It's going to be if we are relegated.

May only end up with 6 or 7 wins, finish rock bottom, have a top goal scorer with only 5 goals to his name and the knowledge that next season we will not bounce back.

Going to be a real bummer.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Astute

I don't think business works like that. If the money is there business people will do business with them not matter how unscrupulous they are.

I think the only person pissed off is Fisher.

This gets back to Joy and I just don't think she is interested. I think she just says to Fisher 'you sort it out' and it is Fisher's neck on the line and that is why he gets pissed off with it.

Do think Joy is going to be that bothered her picture has appeared in the paper a couple of times? Seriously?

She's not a celeb. The press aren't going to be following her round and knockin on her door.

I think we are just a minor irritation to her and I don't think she really is that bothered much at all.
So wrong IMHO.

Hedge funds make money by making money for their investors. Investors choose hedge funds by how their performance has been in the past. Google them now and you will see how poor they have been lately. And you think that Joy won't be bothered about it?

And you think that she has spent so many years of being anonymous and now isn't bothered about hitting the headlines?

Astute

It's going to be if we are relegated.

May only end up with 6 or 7 wins, finish rock bottom, have a top goal scorer with only 5 goals to his name and the knowledge that next season we will not bounce back.

Going to be a real bummer.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
Never mind. It will all be OK. All we have to do is sit in the middle of the pitch ;)

Astute

With respect Astute... how the hell do you know what pisses of JS?

And... no protest, be it flares or sit-ins are going remove SISU, only hard cash will prize their grasping hands off our club.
How can anyone say that she is happy with the situation?

No pressure put on them=sit and wait for an offer they can't refuse. Especially if it doesn't cost them any more money to keep us.

Pressure put on them=not an offer that they wanted but a decent offer for what is left and the end of a nightmare all round.

Users who are viewing this thread