Not fit enough (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Grendel

Was that a yes?

He wasn't referring to needing a fitness coach - he said coaches, management and players have to take responsibility for getting and maintaining fitness.

Despite being a critic of baker he, when thorn was in town, took it upon himself to get and maintain fitness.

What he is getting at is there has been a lack of co-ordinated training activity which has resulted in players not maintaining levels required.

A lot of players like Haynes, Reid bigiamarana, Jones are just not capable of playing 90 minutes.

bawtryneal

Professional footballers not fit after 46 games so far this season. You couldn't make it up!!
What do they do every frigging day in training. Un,f'ing, believable
The whole back room staff from Fisher down to who ever cleans out the bogs needs sacking.

Liquid Gold

Sprinkle some speed in their half time oranges, should get them through. If they have to much and do themselves a mischief then at least we won't have to see them play again.

torchomatic

If he changes it in time for pre-season, all good.

This seasons over chaps. Have a good day out at Wembers and get your minds on L2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. This season is done. Experiment with line-ups, give the kids a go. Enjoy our day in the sun on 2nd April and then rebuild like Gould did in '83.

We need a new team and I wouldn't be sad to see the back of most of them.

Grendel

He also said the players are not physical enough for this league and the midfield nowhere near strong enough

ccfcway

we are (for the next few weeks) a league one club behaving like a non league club.

Leadership comes from the top and if they don't care, that filters down and allows the attitude we have been breading in the last few years

Paul Anthony

It's pretty unforgivable for professional footballers (apply the term loosely, if you wish) are not fit with 8 games to go. You have to wonder just what the hell they've been doing? It's a basic thing, surely, that footballers need to keep their fitness levels up....

skybluetony176

He wasn't referring to needing a fitness coach - he said coaches, management and players have to take responsibility for getting and maintaining fitness.

Despite being a critic of baker he, when thorn was in town, took it upon himself to get and maintain fitness.

What he is getting at is there has been a lack of co-ordinated training activity which has resulted in players not maintaining levels required.

A lot of players like Haynes, Reid bigiamarana, Jones are just not capable of playing 90 minutes.

So was that a yes?

ccfc92

It's ridiculous.

I'd understand if we were semi-pro or something, turning up after a heavy drink session the night before, but these players are meant to be "pros"?

This season has been a complete debacle from the very start. The apathetic "meh" to relegation is insulting to the badge and fans.

skybluetony176

Apparently we do

Andy Young - Senior Fitness Coach

Andy Young started his work at the club in 2011 as an intern in the Sports Science department.

Andy's development in the role has seen him claim a full-time role at the club and having worked with the Under-18s during the 2014/15 season, he will support the first team and take care of the Development Squad duties this season.

Read more at Coventry City FC Staff Profiles

Damn. I was hoping we could blame Oggy.

torchomatic

Grendel

pusbccfc

Not fit enough? Not good enough.

torchomatic

skybluetony176

So a coach with the title "fitness" should improve fitness - is that what you are saying Tony?

If the goal keeping coach is responsible for improving goal keeping I wouldn't think it's unreasonable for a fitness coach to improve fitness. Would you? Or are you suggesting that the title is misleading?

wingy

So who specifically and since when?
Half the side have only just arrived and the others have been left rudderless for three months.
Looks like an exercise in blame shifting to me.
Just ask Mr Fisher on Monday to confirm Venus's statement to the SCG that this year's player budget is £2.1M.

torchomatic

If the goal keeping coach is responsible for improving goal keeping I wouldn't think it's unreasonable for a fitness coach to improve fitness. Would you? Or are you suggesting that the title is misleading?

Ah but weren't you saying Oggy should not be responsible for failing to improve our keepers? Can't have it all ways.

Grendel

But you don't think that's the job of a goalkeeping coach do you Tomy?

skybluetony176

Ah but weren't you saying Oggy should not be responsible for failing to improve our keepers? Can't have it all ways.

I would think that even you are smart enough to understand the different between nurturing a talent and improving something as basic as fitness.

torchomatic

What about inappropriate use of a clipboard?

There's just a plain sheet of A4 on it which states:

Hold this clipboard for the duration of the game. Glance at it randomly during the 90 minutes. This is especially important when we are making substitutions.

DO NOT LOSE THIS CLIPBOARD. IT IS THE PROPERTY OF SISU CAPITAL LIMITED.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL LEAD TO AN IMMEDIATE EXTENSION TO YOUR CONTRACT AND AN INVITE TO THE JSB CHRISTMAS PARTY.

Otis

There's just a plain sheet of A4 on it which states:

Hold this clipboard for the duration of the game. Glance at it randomly during the 90 minutes. This is especially important when we are making substitutions.

DO NOT LOSE THIS CLIPBOARD. IT IS THE PROPERTY OF SISU CAPITAL LIMITED.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL LEAD TO AN IMMEDIATE EXTENSION TO YOUR CONTRACT AND AN INVITE TO THE JSB CHRISTMAS PARTY.
I think he holds it upside down though, so probably hasn't read anything written on there.

torchomatic

Grendel

I would think that even you are smart enough to understand the different between nurturing a talent and improving something as basic as fitness.

What do you mean by even you Tony?

You do realise this really is a damning indictment of player attitude more than anything else and an attitude that has more than likely prevailed for some time?

Ultimately if a player decides to ignore the advice of a fitness coach the responsibility is the players and the manager.

Some players I'm sure have had a lazy attitude to training for some time. If a player wants to retain fitness he can and he will. As I said before Baker knew that the thorn "training" regime was a joke and many sessions never happened st all so he made it his personal responsibility to maintain fitness.

For players this is inexcusable.

Users who are viewing this thread