Not fit enough (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Good sides have an individual personal fitness and dietary plan for each player...

Good players take notice of them.

dongonzalos

Slade said the same thing when he arrived at the club that the training needed to change.

I've said before I'd heard the reason one player wasn't being played was his attitude to training.

It's no co-incidence that robins has used a lot of the January recruits. Look at the levels of stamina Reilly has compared to other players in the middle. Rawson is another.

Training in pre season is critical to levels of fitness and also the attitude of the players is paramount. If the training regime isn't sufficient and the players are happy with it then there's a problem that becomes hard to turn round. Once the season starts and you get a two game a week cycle you get problems

A lot of the regular players who've been here since the start (and that includes these young "stars") clearly have a poor attitude.

I suspect Mowbray and Venus just lost appetite for the challenge a while ago and the malaise filters down.

Thorn allegedly never conducted a training session properly and in the end it became farcical. Some players took it on themselves to retain fitness levels. A couple here clearly have - Rose as an example - many others can't be bothered and are lazy and self indulgent. A new manager wouldn't change that in mid season in a few weeks.

Sorry I can't buy into the idea that last season Mowbray and Venus do a proper training and pre season. Then this season they just don't bother and can't be arsed. Listen to what you are saying.

Grendel

Sorry I can't buy into the idea that last season Mowbray and Venus do a proper training and pre season. Then this season they just don't bother and can't be arsed. Listen to what you are saying.

So both robins and Slade are lying then.

Fair enough.

skybluetony176

Fair enough.

I have no reason to suggest that Robins is lying and I don't remember Slade ever commenting specifically on player fitness. If you have a link fair enough. Mowbray has been gone six months now and when he was here this season we were playing with a lot more intensity than we have at any point since so I doubt that the players are as fit now as they were then, the ones that are still here that is.

Again you want to blame one individual yet when someone points out that all players should have individual diet and fitness regime you put it back on them. You can't shake that duality can you.

dongonzalos

Fair enough.

You show me the quote from both Robins and Slade that says Mowbrays pre season training wasnt good enough and yes fair enough.
This was your opinion and I am wondering how he managed to get it right last pre season? You have suggested he lost interest this preseason I am pointing out that I think your opinion that he was up for it last summer but not bothered this summer is wrong.

Warwickhunt

If any of our players read this site then maybe what I say will strike home some truths! "You will have on your CV I got relegated to the old 4th division which is one league above the national conference league and the salary you will be earning will be commensurate to that" and whilst a former colleague who is probably no better than you but is more dedicated is earning £3000+ a week in the championship stiffs you will be earning £500 a week because you did not have the gumption to understand that you only get out of life what you put into it. " I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the pleasure and entertainment that you never gave me this season. Well done! (Am I bitter? Of course I fucking am)

Captain Dart

its not lack of fitness, its the fact that the players are too young or too old, tugay Clarke ect are not unfit just too old , they are also not shit footballers but just too old for this level , extra training wont improve there fitness, it will slow them down , likewise dke, steverson ect will just burn them out, what is needed s the right balance , between experience and youth , not between kids wages and a few has-beens to balance the books

I don't entirely agree with you, but the squad is hideously ill balanced and mostly composed of players who are too young, but cheap, and has far too few players in the 24-30 age range where you'd want most of the squad to be.

It beggars belief that there are only 4 players between the ages of 25 and 30 in the squad, of those Ghazev is clearly not bothered, Rose is injured, Reid is hardly an automatic pick and Stokes is only just being nursed back to fitness.

Tudgay, and Beavon are not goal scorers and the Yak, whatever his real age is, is past it. Slade sold the only goal scorer we had. You can't survive if you can't score a few goals and win matches.

The defence is definitely not well organised, it needs someone in their early 30s to take that role, but there can't be anyone up to it.

A total mess.

upload_2017-3-19_11-20-13.png

Warwickhunt

I don't entirely agree with you, but the squad is hideously ill balanced and mostly composed of players who are too young, but cheap, and has far too few players in the 24-30 age range where you'd want most of the squad to be.

It beggars belief that there are only 4 players between the ages of 25 and 30 in the squad, of those Ghazev is clearly not bothered, Rose is injured, Reid is hardly an automatic pick and Stokes is only just being nursed back to fitness.

Tudgay, and Beavon are not goal scorers and the Yak, whatever his real age is, is past it. Slade sold the only goal scorer we had. You can't survive if you can't score a few goals and win matches.

The defence is definitely not well organised, it needs someone in their early 30s to take that role, but there can't be anyone up to it.

A total mess.

View attachment 6830
Yakubu 34 LOL

Captain Dart

bawtryneal

Fair enough.

It's been months since Mowbrey and Venus had influence over training. You can't blame them now.
Pre season is only 6/7 weeks long so Slade and his backroom staff had enough time if they were not happy. Slade brought in unfit players in January, also not Mowbrey fault.

no_loyalty

I think Robins means not fit enough to wear the shirt, as opposed to they are struggling with their fitness

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Its not just the fitness that's the worry its the fact that many of the players do not know how to look after themselves on a football pitch. Even Sunday League players know how to do that even if they are not fit !

Otis

A total mess.

View attachment 6830
I notice you put down Dion Kelly-Evans on your list, but Devon doesn't appear on there at all.

How old is he? Do you know?

clint van damme

If any of our players read this site then maybe what I say will strike home some truths! "You will have on your CV I got relegated to the old 4th division which is one league above the national conference league and the salary you will be earning will be commensurate to that" and whilst a former colleague who is probably no better than you but is more dedicated is earning £3000+ a week in the championship stiffs you will be earning £500 a week because you did not have the gumption to understand that you only get out of life what you put into it. " I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the pleasure and entertainment that you never gave me this season. Well done! (Am I bitter? Of course I fucking am)

and this posts touches on what I find so confusing about the attitude of so many of the players we have or have had this season.
They are playing for their futures as professional footballers, based on their performances this season many of them may not have a club next year yet they don't seem bothered.

Adge

It was a kids program that used to be on in school holidays. Made in Northern Ireland if I remember correctly.
Right-I'm off to switch off my television set and go and do something less boring instead.

Captain Dart

I notice you put down Dion Kelly-Evans on your list, but Devon doesn't appear on there at all.

How old is he? Do you know?
Yes and I'm not telling you. :p

Gazolba

Not fit enough
What he actually said was "not fit or savvy enough for the rigours of League One football".
I think he meant 'fitness for purpose'. Our players are like a toothpaste that when you use it, it makes your teeth dirtier

Users who are viewing this thread