"not likley that anyone else will be coming in" (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Thorn has stated it doesnt look like anyone else will be coming in..

SO....

In December, AT was looking to January to stregthen to give us a fighting chance of staying in this league. We brough in someone to deal with all of this transfer activity that was going to happen.....

Since 1st Jan, we have

IN

Herman (now out for the season)
Nimely
Norwood

OUT
Juke (top scorer, on 3 times as many goals and the 2nd at the time)
O'Donovan
McPake

Hardly SISU giving it "one final push" is it.

mark82

Have to say the 3 in are better than the 3 out. Unfortunate Herman is injured but that's football.

ashbyjan

So which players have we missed out on that would have come here and who would have made a difference? Might it be that there simply isn't the quality of player available that would make a difference or should we simply sign players for the sake of it? The last player who we signed to appease the fans was McDonald and hasn't that worked out well.

ccfcway

i'm not gonna name players, as I havet seen enough of Trotta etc to be able to back up any "they would certainly imporve the team" claims...

But CCFC have had months of knowing that Juke would go in Jan (which was always the rumour when we turned down last min bid in last window) and they have been unable to improve the team enough to give us a fighting chance.

Platt is a 1st choice striker and still no wingers. I know we dont have money, but even I thought SISU would do a little bit more to try and stay in this league.

The portsmouth administrator has signed as many players as the guy we have PAID to deal with our incomings / outgoings

ashbyjan

So you're saying that SISU have stopped Thorn from signing players even when those players wages are being 100% covered by their parent club? Like Nimley and Norwood? We allegedly had three "targetmen" lined up - I know one was Hulse who was then included in QPR 25 and decided to stay there and fight for his place and the other was Nile Ranger who turned down the move which had been agreed between the clubs. As for Trotta - don't know what happened there but maybe he decided being closer to London was better for him. We have signed two players in Nimley and Norwood who have improved our team and the injury to Herman was unfortunate but he also may have improved things but we will never know.

Are we missing Juke? Well ideally Juke and Nimley would have been exciting but Juke has gone to fund the club until the end of the season. McPake and ROD? Hardly noticed they have gone. So overall I would say we have done OK in window and lets face it the mass sell off of all our top players didn't occur like many speculated. Cranie, Keogh, Clingan, Wood are all still with us.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
and we are surprised because ?

stupot07

So you're saying that SISU have stopped Thorn from signing players even when those players wages are being 100% covered by their parent club? Like Nimley and Norwood? We allegedly had three "targetmen" lined up - I know one was Hulse who was then included in QPR 25 and decided to stay there and fight for his place and the other was Nile Ranger who turned down the move which had been agreed between the clubs. As for Trotta - don't know what happened there but maybe he decided being closer to London was better for him. We have signed two players in Nimley and Norwood who have improved our team and the injury to Herman was unfortunate but he also may have improved things but we will never know.

Are we missing Juke? Well ideally Juke and Nimley would have been exciting but Juke has gone to fund the club until the end of the season. McPake and ROD? Hardly noticed they have gone. So overall I would say we have done OK in window and lets face it the mass sell off of all our top players didn't occur like many speculated. Cranie, Keogh, Clingan, Wood are all still with us.

Do you you know for a fact that the parent clubs are paying 100% of Norwoods and Nimely's wages?

We got Gardner for free but for Barnsley for example offered a bigger financial package than us to get Drinkwater on loan.

I suspect we're paying a portion of their wages and that getting juke, rod and McPake off the wage bill is paying for them.

coop

I like the bit where thorn says if we can get a little run going weve playing 32 games and are still waiting for a run.They did have a little one but lost that in the 94 minute of two games on the bounce and have lost to the worst team ive seen (forest)apart from us

skybluedan

ashbyjan you seem to know alot,whatever comes from thorn or sisu to me is utter bollox have got no respect for any of the wankers,as for getting a run together hahaha the shrek is serious deluded

stupot07

Last edited:

musicmanskyblue

@richh87

Disappointed but not surprised.

"We couldn't get anyone" translates to "we couldn't get anyone for free".

SISU don't care enough about survival as they're selling up (eventually).

I'm past caring.

Otis

“I’ve seen players who I would have liked move to other clubs'

Thought people were saying on here yesterday that players were coming here because of Thorn? :thinking about::thinking about:

Grendel

“I’ve seen players who I would have liked move to other clubs"

who said that ?

I assume the same person who said this about Carl Baker;

"Carl is just the sort of player we want to keep at this club.

"He showed his qualities when he scored earlier this season and I'm delighted he has agreed to extend his contract with us.

"He is an exciting player, he is a great character to have around the dressing room and his attitude and application are
exceptional so I for one am very pleased."

Conclusion: Ignore anything he says in public.

georgehudson

col m., no excuse to diss sisu,
just a state of total bewilderment that our controllers seem oblivious to the football basics of having or maintaining a squad capable of survival in this league,
i don't rate any of our current management as being anything above 6/10, but, if you have no ammunition, you ain'y gonna fire any bullets,

PUSB

@richh87

“I’ve seen players who I would have liked move to other clubs'

Thought people were saying on here yesterday that players were coming here because of Thorn? :thinking about::thinking about:

They likely moved to other clubs because they were willing to pay their wages - or at least a portion.

Let's not turn this into another Thorn in/out thread. The fact is SISU don't care enough to stump up extra wages for loans. This despite selling our top scorer for good money.

I thought they'd already agreed to fund the club til the end of the season anyway - so why sell Juke and refuse to spend any of it?

They just don't want to know - and whatever people think of Thorn THEY are the major reason we're going down.

Otis

So you think we are paying some of the wages of Norwood and Nimely?

Portsmouth have said they have loan players lined up where the parent club is playing all the wages. You saying we cannot do the same?

wingy

Think they're both coming from WBA Otis,doing their old mukka a damn big favour if you ask me ,add in Donny and their special arrangement ,it feels like we're the pariah of the division ,sent to Coventry ,who cares ,not the hardest nosed barstards in the league.:blue:

Otis

I simply cannot believe that we are paying any of either Norwood's or Nimely's wages. These players are from two of the richest clubs in the whole world.

I dare say we couldn't afford a fraction of their wages anyway even if we did have to contribute something. These may be young players, but as I say, they are young players for two of the richest clubs and the richest clubs pay the premier wages.

wingy

I simply cannot believe that we are paying any of either Norwood's or Nimely's wages. These players are from two of the richest clubs in the whole world.

I dare say we couldn't afford a fraction of their wages anyway even if we did have to contribute something. These may be young players, but as I say, they are young players for two of the richest clubs and the richest clubs pay the premier wages.
You do realise your suggesting Sisu are being economical with the truth again,and with anew head honcho ,and apparently assisted by the much revered manager.;)

Users who are viewing this thread