Not replacing Mowbray (1 Viewer)

CovBurty

a shit team that has won a cup and robins has done ok with ?
A poor cup mostly 4 division teams we played. the games Robins has played against recently were safe teams. not bothered teams. today Charlton happy to draw. he lost his first three games against better teams

letsallsingtogether

A poor cup mostly 4 division teams we played. the games Robins has played against recently were safe teams. not bothered teams. today Charlton happy to draw. he lost his first three games against better teams
Tbf we were on a low yes those games we were dreadful but the football has got better.
we would have had enough points to at least stay up if we had played like that all season.

CovBurty

Tbf we were on a low yes those games we were dreadful but the football has got better.
we would have had enough points to at least stay up if we had played like that all season.
Yes the football is better with Robins. better organised. more workmanlike. but skill levels are not good enough. we are still giving the ball away needlessly. that has been a big problem this season, ball retention. when we have given oppo the ball they have punished us. along side a lack of goals. but better with Robins than other managers this season.

steve82

My order of blame......
1) TM 2) MV 3) RS 4) sisu 5) the players.
Tony Mowbray gets the largest portion of blame from me. He's the man who failed to assemble a squad who could cope with the weekly challenges of the league. The summer was dreadful in the recruitment area. Chased to many championship players who were way out our budget, why oh why did he not look to get suitable league one players in?? It seems he didn't even wanna look or consider players that other league one clubs were snapping up. He knew what the constraints were even if they were tightened on him by sisu. Every other club in the league assembled sides to challenge the league within there set budgets. To release Arron Martin to then bring in Jordan Turnbull for a fee.... what a waste of valuable budget, paying a fee for a like for like replacement. A lack of leadership, structure.... Alarm bells were ringing early August, was deafening by late September when he left.
MV... stayed in the job for far too long and takes blame with TM for summer recruitment. Yes he picked up some early wins but then killed any confidence in a very young fragile side in his interviews especially after Southend. He'd lost the squad completely, a manager cannot come out and publicly say that when he needs them same players next week.
RS... brought in some early signings that have proved useful additions and strengthened a young fragile side and MR has utilised them consistently too, however a few that really didn't pay off namely Yakubu and folivi. However tactically he seemed to be out of his depth with the players at his disposal. I thought he could turn things around however wrong I was. A few good games, bad luck but largely poor and failed to get the best out of the group of players like MR has.
Sisu.... the continued sorry catalogue of mistakes in the running of the club. MV being allowed to stay in charge for so long, for one. Steve Evans a capable manager was said to be watching on in the late days of TM. Maybe things could of been different if a manager was brought in after those 10 games.
Players.... the inability to do the basics at times this season. Yes there young but so many have switched off to easily in games when vital goals given away so late on. A few have grown over the season and can come out with a small amount of credit but some have let them and the club down over the domestic campaign.

Otis

My order of blame......
Tony Mowbray gets the largest portion of blame from me. He's the man who failed to assemble a squad who could cope with the weekly challenges of the league. The summer was dreadful in the recruitment area. Chased to many championship players who were way out our budget, why oh why did he not look to get suitable league one players in?? It seems he didn't even wanna look or consider players that other league one clubs were snapping up. He knew what the constraints were even if they were tightened on him by sisu. Every other club in the league assembled sides to challenge the league within there set budgets. To release Arron Martin to then bring in Jordan Turnbull for a fee.... what a waste of valuable budget, paying a fee for a like for like replacement. A lack of leadership, structure.... Alarm bells were ringing early August, was deafening by late September when he left.
MV... stayed in the job for far too long and takes blame with TM for summer recruitment. Yes he picked up some early wins but then killed any confidence in a very young fragile side in his interviews especially after Southend. He'd lost the squad completely, a manager cannot come out and publicly say that when he needs them same players next week.
RS... brought in some early signings that have proved useful additions and strengthened a young fragile side and MR has utilised them consistently too, however a few that really didn't pay off namely Yakubu and folivi. However tactically he seemed to be out of his depth with the players at his disposal. I thought he could turn things around however wrong I was. A few good games, bad luck but largely poor and failed to get the best out of the group of players like MR has.
Sisu.... the continued sorry catalogue of mistakes in the running of the club. MV being allowed to stay in charge for so long, for one. Steve Evans a capable manager was said to be watching on in the late days of TM. Maybe things could of been different if a manager was brought in after those 10 games.
Players.... the inability to do the basics at times this season. Yes there young but so many have switched off to easily in games when vital goals given away so late on. A few have grown over the season and can come out with a small amount of credit but some have let them and the club down over the domestic campaign.
I think the problem started with Mowbray and Venus and then Venus and Slade went on to make us even worse.

The starting point can be traced back to the summer though. It all unraveled right from the recruitment policy onwards.

steve82

I think the problem started with Mowbray and Venus and then Venus and Slade went on to make us even worse.

The starting point can be traced back to the summer though. It all unraveled right from the recruitment policy onwards.

Correct a chain of events.... poor decision after decision. TM recruitment, MV being put in charge for the length of time he was, RS for tactics with players at his disposal.... list is endless but the largest chunk is the summer recruitment.... this is the period a league one side does there business. We didn't. TM went with the If I cannot have him or him or him or him, I'll have no one... all to late then to look for suitable players as sides around us snapped them up.
I'm hopeful MR will use the free market more wisely tho and retrain the right players capable of regular weekly performances in a physical league.

skyblue025

Bobby Gould summed it up brilliantly on Talk sport today. You can't have 4 managers in a season. It's too much for the players to absorb. The players aren't good enough mentally or technically.

NortonSkyBlue

The fans were let down by the players, the players were let down by the managers and the managers let down by the board who fucked us all over and over.
We need to get behind the team more than ever, otherwise we will not have a club to support. Then we will have to share the blame.
We will rise again if we stick together.

Hobo

My order of blame......

Chased too many Championship players your perception surely. Why we didn't get right players in is a mystery, except it is easier said than done.

The Martin argument makes me laugh, every city fan wanted him gone until Mowbray came along and transformed him. Mowbray obviously thought he could get better. Turnbull wasn't the main centre half he was after. Turnbull has disappointed, but there is still a good player who can come good in there.

Our biggest failing has been scoring goals from all over the park which has brought a drain in confidence, which has exposed our youthful inexperience. Brought about from a lack of direction from above.

letsallsingtogether

Yes the football is better with Robins. better organised. more workmanlike. but skill levels are not good enough. we are still giving the ball away needlessly. that has been a big problem this season, ball retention. when we have given oppo the ball they have punished us. along side a lack of goals. but better with Robins than other managers this season.
But they are league 1 players Charlton made exactly the same mistakes today the only difference being their Goalkeeper was on top form for most of the game.

Grendel

But they are league 1 players Charlton made exactly the same mistakes today the only difference being their Goalkeeper was on top form for most of the game.

I dont think so. They had better players all over the field.

The midfield was stronger generally than ours, their wing play was more effective, their striker was a threat and they had a real goalkeeper

First half we were really poor. Second we stepped up and Jones pace of nothing else created them problems. At a glance on one performance you'd say there was a 15 points gap between those teams.

Users who are viewing this thread