Notts County, Exeter,Luton. (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

If I had a pot of money i'd be looking for a winger and maybe a striker.

This time last season, if I had a pot of money, I would have been looking for about 7 new players

We aren't far off at all. Considering MR has had one transfer Window, that's not a bad place to be at all

Reactions: vow

Terry Gibson's perm

This time last season, if I had a pot of money, I would have been looking for about 7 new players

We aren't far off at all. Considering MR has had one transfer Window, that's not a bad place to be at all

We can sort 50% of that problem in January by getting Kyel Reid back.

steve82

I still think Ryan Haynes can add that pace and ability to beat his man to offer pace and trickery down each flank upon his return to full fitness to oppose JJ.

covcity4life

I still think Ryan Haynes can add that pace and ability to beat his man to offer pace and trickery down each flank upon his return to full fitness to oppose JJ.

Yeah ehilst i dont subsvcribe to the he can be our gareth bale stuff i di agree that hes an optio we shud use left wing as its not like he mas much competion

Maybe kyel reid back from loan soon?....

Terry Gibson's perm

We need a right footed winger to add balance. Also Reid doesn't chip in with enough goals. Plus he only plays well 1 in every 6-7 games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sounds like Beavon apart from the goals bit as he isn’t that prolific

steve82

Yeah ehilst i dont subsvcribe to the he can be our gareth bale stuff i di agree that hes an optio we shud use left wing as its not like he mas much competion

Maybe kyel reid back from loan soon?....

I'd sooner Haynes than Reid but options are limited currently. Haynes has that ability to cut in and score so I don't see why he should not be given a go in a more traditional 442.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Didn’t realise that he little fella who scored 4 for Cambridge against us last year is the same little fella who got a hat trick for Luton yesterday!

Between him and Collins we are really going to have to be on our game in a couple of weeks time!!

singers_pore

If we continue to rely on McNulty, Biamou and Beavon for goals there is no chance of us going up in the autos. We MUST find another striker who is as potent as The Duck. On that basis I agree with VoR.

steve82

If we continue to rely on McNulty, Biamou and Beavon for goals there is no chance of us going up in the autos. We MUST find another striker who is as potent as The Duck. On that basis I agree with VoR.

Do we excuse the 3 who play in behind then when playing a 4231?

What about JJ, we need more from him at times, sure he's won us points alone on occasions and had a good number of assists so far but that could be far better with a better choice of pass or delivery at times, and is often so wasteful taking on shots he can only dream of at this stage when a reverse ball or through ball my of been better.

Nazon is getting a range of goals but cannot do it alone all the time, Kelly-Evans is looking more out his depth as each game goes on unfortunately

We need others to step forward too in a team game with the 3 named strikers firing too.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Last 5 games

Exeter - W2, D1, L2
CCFC -W3, D1, L1
Have you ever thought about going into politics and become a politician !!!

So answer this question , why are Exeter 2nd in Div 2 and Cov City are 7th ? ;)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

They have 6 more points after 13 games in a season with 46 games to play
Sorry you won't make a politician because you've just given me an honest answer . ;)

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

under a SISU government, we will build a stadum in the Coventry area and will maximse revenues
Under a SISU government we will BATTER THEM IN COURT . :wacky:

Astute

It's a shame that you wouldn't want whingers. We could supply several from here for free.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think all the season proves so far is that promotion is far from the given that some people expected pre season. It will be a long battle and we are far from out of it when it comes to automatic promotion.

We are a L2 side with pretty much L2 level standard players throughout the squad. There will be peaks and troughs in performance. The important thing right now is to keep in touch with the current leaders of the division. Time for angst, wringing of hands and writing off our hopes is around March if we are sitting in mid table struggling to win and losing touch with the top 7

Long way to go yet and we are still in with a good chance of promotion

chiefdave

To be honest we're doing better than I expected. For me its a case of staying in touch with the promotion places until January and seeing what happens in the January window.

Doesn't matter if we're 10 points clear at that point if we lose Jones and Duck without replacements we're screwed. Equally if we're in the top 6 and Joy surprises everyone by getting the cheque book out to sign a proven goalscorer things look very different.

No use complaining every week about players we haven't got when we can't sign anyone.

mark_ccfc

Seem odds on for the automatics now about one third of the season has passed. They are consistent, something Sky Blues are not. I will be amazed if we manage to go up automatically- even the play-offs seem a challenge.

You forgot to mention we have already beaten Notts County and Exeter.
Current form would indicate the play-offs minimum, if we can get a bit of a run going then autos are a possibility.
We are not inconsistent in defense, just need to be a tad more prolific at the other end.

Users who are viewing this thread