Offers in for Ryan Haynes (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

3 championship clubs have put offers in for Ryan Haynes, hopefully we will get some compensation and Grendel will calm down about his abilities

ccfcway

Was just about to post I had a text from a derby fan mate earlier asking about Haynes as they are in for him

That would be Haynes, Keogh and Christie in their back 4

Nick

Administrator
Will the compensation be set regardless of who it is? Would be good to start a compo bidding war.

Grendel

What devastating news

Covstu

A bit harsh. For me he is more of a wing back than old fashioned left back. Never had the chance to play in a settled side with a defined back 4 or back 5. Succesive managers changed the system to suit loan players.
Fair assessment

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Rest assured that any money coming in from the sale of Haynes , or anyone for that matter, will be reinvested straight back into the team , because Joy lets CCFC look after its own affairs, ha ha !.

Liquid Gold

Rest assured that any money coming in from the sale of Haynes , or anyone for that matter, will be reinvested straight back into the team , because Joy lets CCFC look after its own affairs, ha ha !.
Haha what a great one lol. I like how you completely ignore the fact that no money has left the club to sisu. It's so funny that you ironically ignore our published accounts. Wouldn't it be funny if we spent it all on players and couldn't pay our bills so the club went bust. Haha, you're a legend.

stupot07

Can't see him getting anywhere near a championship first team. Turns 22 in September, broken into the first team at 17, has only played 56 league games over 4 seasons since he made his debut, and has never really managed to command his place in the team as a regular first choice. Regardless of peoples opinion on his ability, he really needs to choose his next club wisely, he needs games and he needs to go somewhere he will be first choice week in week out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

We have Stokes already and there will be plenty floating about as a reserve, I would be more worried that none of the youngsters from the youth team seem to have a signed a deal yet.

SlowerThanPlatt

Pre-season starts in about 10 days and neither Thomas or Haynes have given any indication they will be staying. I think Robins has accepted defeat on these two and they will be moving on to the Championship. Haynes is not that disappointing because we have Stokes providing he can stay fit but losing Thomas would be a big blow

Terry Gibson's perm

Pre-season starts in about 10 days and neither Thomas or Haynes have given any indication they will be staying. I think Robins has accepted defeat on these two and they will be moving on to the Championship. Haynes is not that disappointing because we have Stokes providing he can stay fit but losing Thomas would be a big blow

I don't think we will miss either Thomas had a good few weeks but no more and not a good finisher especially when he has t I e to think about it.

CovBurty

Haynes another player we expected to lose. Now Thomas has been selected for WalesU20 odds-on he's going soon. Relegation forces this loss. That's why league status is important. Robins surely knows which players will be poached. Thats why he started recruitment early doors.

ptr

I don't think we will miss either Thomas had a good few weeks but no more and not a good finisher especially when he has t I e to think about it.

Won't miss Haynes but will deffo miss Thomas. He was given a proper run of games for once and it paid off, scoring goals not even as a main striker. Not a player that has you on the edge of your seat but his desire, work rate and ability will make him a key player next year in league 2 and a v good signing for league 1 sides.

NortonSkyBlue

i would not be surprised if championship clubs are looking at Haynes. For me he is potentially a very good player and was the best player(withThomas)in a Coventry shirt in the 7 games I saw last season.
He deserves to be playing in a higher league and Ike George Thomas if he goes then he should go on to have a good career.

Chipfat

He is very much in a Christine situation with us, most seen decent attributes but most understood he lacked in certain areas of his game that made people question his ability to play at a higher level. Christie has shown he can compete and has gone on to do well and learn his trade with the tools he had. I personally think Haynes will be the same, and can be coached and taught to add to the strengths he has that will allow him to compete at Championship level while improving his game. My only doubt is the desire of him to step up and be uncomfortable or stretch himself in a different environment.

He will no doubt be player at our club that will divide opinion on his ability or his consistency to be a good player. But good luck to him, if he goes to the championship, hope the lad earns and secures his future and proves a few wrong about his potential.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

He is very much in a Christine situation with us, most seen decent attributes but most understood he lacked in certain areas of his game that made people question his ability to play at a higher level. Christie has shown he can compete and has gone on to do well and learn his trade with the tools he had. I personally think Haynes will be the same, and can be coached and taught to add to the strengths he has that will allow him to compete at Championship level while improving his game. My only doubt is the desire of him to step up and be uncomfortable or stretch himself in a different environment.

He will no doubt be player at our club that will divide opinion on his ability or his consistency to be a good player. But good luck to him, if he goes to the championship, hope the lad earns and secures his future and proves a few wrong about his potential.

I'm glad I read all of your post - my sister in law is a Christine, but I was wondering if this was a new faddish saying, like 'my bad' that I hadn't caught up with - you are in trouble with your missus if you know anyone called Christine - freudian slip?!

SlowerThanPlatt

I get the Christie - Haynes comparisons however I'd say Haynes has better technical ability than Christie but Christie is a better athlete.

Cyrus has gone on to make over 100 appearances for Derby and play for Ireland when some questioned whether he would step up. I read that he may be out of favour at Derby under Pearson and may be on his way out for a few million. Don't think we have a sell on clause though. Derby signed Andre Wisdom and Fulham are interested in Cyrus

Adge

A bit harsh. For me he is more of a wing back than old fashioned left back. Never had the chance to play in a settled side with a defined back 4 or back 5. Succesive managers changed the system to suit loan players.
No not for me. One good run past a couple of defenders every 5 games doesn't equal a good wing back.

higgs

The only reason I'd be sad to see him go is because he is one of our own but he's definately replaceable it's prone to making costly mistakes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

singers_pore

I like Haynes and Thomas. Would rather we offer them terms to resign assuming that's not too much. I can't see them getting many games if they move to a Championship club.

Users who are viewing this thread