Official January transfer window for CCFC (3 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Right lets start the predictions and see what happens from next week with transfers at the club.

I think...

Bids will come in for:

Maddison
Fleck
RCC

Hoping all the above will be rejected but if a £10m bid came in with season back loan it would be hard to turn down.

Kent will be sent back to Liverpool

TM will be after:

2 defenders
GK (if RCC goes)
Joe Cole (perm)
Bigi (perm)
Striker (loan)
Winger (loan)

Last edited:

wood.ben2608

Armstrong very much looks like he's staying - Maddison I think will stay too which will be very much a positive. Would be a shame if Flecky left - I think we're at a negative when him and Roman don't partner in CDM. I would personally opt against Cole and Bigi and look elsewhere. RCC isn't going anywhere!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Right lets start the predictions and see what happens from next week with transfers and the club.

Cole has said he wants to stay, dependent on the wage situation I can see him sticking around. Don't think its worth paying him a big money wage but if he's not doing it for the money I'd keep him around. As much as anything for what he can pass onto the youngsters.

Have a suspicion Bigi is lined up for a permanent move, I would guess as a free. Think I saw on twitter that he's marrying a girl from his church in Cov. He's probably set for life after being at Newcastle and doesn't seem the big spending type so might just want to be back in Cov.

Sounds like Armstrong will be staying which is great news.

Murphy is a season long loan isn't he?

Wouldn't be devastated if Kent went back to be honest.

Think Thomas needs to go, as much for the sake of his career as anything else.

Top priority is a CB to replace Reda / Turner.

Depending on who is available I'd bring in a keeper and let Burge go. Although if we get someone who is going to be first choice TM may keep Burge to loan out RCC. If RCC isn't playing he isn't going to improve.

If TM can find a better option let Fortune go to free up the wages.

Don't think Maddison will go yet and I think Fleck is genuinely injured rather than not playing as he's leaving.

We also need to start looking at who is out of contract in the summer, I'd be looking to get new deals for Willis, Stokes, Phillips (can't be on much), Martin, Fleck, JOB and Tudgay. Reda and Ricketts I think might struggle if we go up.

callumeast

I'd think Armstrong will stay. Fleck won't go I shouldn't think- at least I hope not because he's such an important player for us. If Kent goes back (which I think he will) i would hardly be gutted. Cole and Bigi perhaps will stay but again wouldn't be gutted if they didn't. If we kept them both for cheap ish then it's useful.

Top priority is of course a CB. Need one.

Skyblueweeman

Cole has said he wants to stay, dependent on the wage situation I can see him sticking around. Don't think its worth paying him a big money wage but if he's not doing it for the money I'd keep him around. As much as anything for what he can pass onto the youngsters.

Have a suspicion Bigi is lined up for a permanent move, I would guess as a free. Think I saw on twitter that he's marrying a girl from his church in Cov. He's probably set for life after being at Newcastle and doesn't seem the big spending type so might just want to be back in Cov.

Sounds like Armstrong will be staying which is great news.

Murphy is a season long loan isn't he?

Wouldn't be devastated if Kent went back to be honest.

Think Thomas needs to go, as much for the sake of his career as anything else.

Top priority is a CB to replace Reda / Turner.

Depending on who is available I'd bring in a keeper and let Burge go. Although if we get someone who is going to be first choice TM may keep Burge to loan out RCC. If RCC isn't playing he isn't going to improve.

If TM can find a better option let Fortune go to free up the wages.

Don't think Maddison will go yet and I think Fleck is genuinely injured rather than not playing as he's leaving.

We also need to start looking at who is out of contract in the summer, I'd be looking to get new deals for Willis, Stokes, Phillips (can't be on much), Martin, Fleck, JOB and Tudgay. Reda and Ricketts I think might struggle if we go up.

Agree with all this CD. I don't think we'll sell anyone at this point. I cannot see Fleck going at all to be honest. Maddison, yes but I think we'll keep him until the summer at least.

TMs priority does indeed need to be at the back. We're one injury and one suspension away from playing TM himself we're that low on numbers.

Finchy

I think i saw something the other day that Haynes was going on loan to Oxford.

I saw that too, can't imagine it happening though after his performance yesterday. Thought he did really well and will be good cover if Stokes ever has to revert to Centre Half again.

AFCCOVENTRY

TM has stated we need to sign our own players.

Don't forget we have Andy Rose joining from next week. Could mean someone might be on their way out.

Adge

TM has stated we need to sign our own players.

Don't forget we have Andy Rose joining from next week. Could mean someone might be on their way out.
Should imagine that that may be Thomas(if he still isn't injured in Jan).
Not sure that I am confident about Armstrong staying though, was playing golf at the Warwickshire on a works do recently when he was playing ahead of us. Collegue of mine was talking to him and said although he is enjoying being part of it, he was homesick and struggling to fill the time after training etc. Then went onto say that Jacob Murphy has been on loan to 6 clubs so he can't really moan to much! Hope i'm wrong though and he does stay. Needs a goal to get things going again.

Gazolba

Our number one requirement, and has been from the start of the season, is a reliable experienced goal-keeper. We need a replacement CB and need to get rid of Reda Johnson. We need many more goals from midfield, maybe Rose can help with that.

shmmeee

Not sure that I am confident about Armstrong staying though, was playing golf at the Warwickshire on a works do recently when he was playing ahead of us. Collegue of mine was talking to him and said although he is enjoying being part of it, he was homesick and struggling to fill the time after training etc. Then went onto say that Jacob Murphy has been on loan to 6 clubs so he can't really moan to much! Hope i'm wrong though and he does stay. Needs a goal to get things going again.

Thomas is out for the season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Micky Quinn has just said Armstrong is committed to Coventry for the rest of the season on radio, could have been a mistake or maybe he knows he is staying?

lifeskyblue

Imo we need a centre back. If we keep the loans we have then need to buy the defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

The reality of this is the ultimate problem with very young loans like Murphy, Armstrong, Kent. I think it is ultimately the problem for any professional sportsman - how many real talents have pissed it up the wall due to boredom etc.

chiefdave

The reality of this is the ultimate problem with very young loans like Murphy, Armstrong, Kent. I think it is ultimately the problem for any professional sportsman - how many real talents have pissed it up the wall due to boredom etc.

Think they age of our players helps. Its not a kid on his own in a team of experienced pros. If you follow the players on social media they seem to get on really well and spend time together off the pitch as well.

Hobo

Maddison is a great prospect but he has yet to clock up 25 games. Can't see him going just yet.

RCC monitoring and buying are two different things.

Armstrong great player at 18 but a long way off being ready for a relegation battle in the Premier League.

rupert_bear

If nobody leaves we need a centre back and a centre forward both in time for the Walsall match on the 12th of January none of this 5 minutes before the deadline bollox. We have signed the Swedish right back and this Andy Rose for midfield both yet to feature admittedly but neither are kids so all in all the squad looks okay to me.

Last edited:

covcity4life

the wait to a possible armstrong extention is gonna be excruciating!

imagine he bangs in a hatrick vs wallsall on the tuesday night and then day before burton he goes back to newcastle!

rupert_bear

Don't get this fixation on here re Connor Thomas must go. Firstly the bloke is a long term injury case, so who is going to take him and secondly he will hardly be on mega bucks a week.

Otis

Don't get this fixation on here re Connor Thomas must go. Firstly the bloke is a long term injury case, so who is going to take him and secondly he will hardly be on mega bucks a week.
To free up wages. Everyone accepts we will get very little for him, if anything at all, but we have a wage bill and getting one player off that bill will allow another to come in.

Users who are viewing this thread