Official relegation date (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

17 points from safety with 9 games to go

prediction on when we will be officially relegated.

it could be the weekend when we're at Wembley.

Captain Dart

Mathematically certain if we lose the next 3 games and Oldham/Shrews/Bury pick up points.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

lets just get it over with asap.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The earliest it could have been from a couple of weeks back was next Saturday, 18th March. But then some bastard spoiled it by not winning while we got a poxy point at Shrewsbury when we should have let them win. . It's like having bad tooth ache and the dentist can't fit you in for a week.

oucho

We can't get relegated on Sat but next Sat is a strong possibility. There's a 50 50 chance now that we'll be down by Wembley.

CJ_covblaze

Either the day before Wembley (horendous proposition) or perhaps even worse it could be at Bramall Lane.

SkyBlueSid

I would hate it to be the Peterborough game on 8th April. It's Legends Day - imagine how embarrassing it would be to plummet into Division 4 in front of a few dozen of the club's greatest players in history. It's supposed to be a celebration of 30 years since winning the FA Cup and 50 years of reaching the top flight.

Nick

Administrator
I would hate it to be the Peterborough game on 8th April. It's Legends Day - imagine how embarrassing it would be to plummet into Division 4 in front of a few dozen of the club's greatest players in history. It's supposed to be a celebration of 30 years since winning the FA Cup and 50 years of reaching the top flight.
Let those ex players in the dressing room to tell the current players.

Chipfat

Tell the current players what? how when they were at the club every success came with a vision, aim and desire of an owner who wanted to build a successful club. Through love, care and football understanding along with investment and a few calculated gamble's to get progression on and off the field.

Sisu and others on the other hand have now truly brought the club back full circle, the only positive its now in a position to create another potential city hero, if Sisu would decide to leave.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Tell the current players what? how when they were at the club every success came with a vision, aim and desire of an owner who wanted to build a successful club. Through love and care with clever investment and sometimes a calculated gamble to get progression on and off the field.
That they have been an embarassment?

Chipfat

Some of the players are failing the club, that is without question, but you go work for a company with no aim, desire to improve your working environment or passion to elevate the company to higher earning potential for the individuals and see results.

I don't buy it Nick and in fact i know how much of a state the club is in and what past and present players are seeing day to day. Tell me where the leadership is within the club off the field, or what the general plan is. Players are not blind or stupid, they know what is going on so failing could be but some are just not ready at this level and it shows.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The players are failing that is without question, but you go work for a company with no aim, desire to improve your working environment or passion to elevate the company to higher earning potential for the individuals and see results.

I don't buy it Nick and in fact i know how much of a state the club is in and what past and present players are seeing day to day. Tell where the leadership is within the club off the field, players are not blind or stupid.

Is the players working environment that bad? They are still being paid too aren't they?

These are pro sports people, it should hurt them to lose wether it's a match, training or ping pong. They should want to win at everything they do.

They should be playing their best because it's their career.

It doesn't excuse the players at all. They aren't working in a sweat shop.

Chipfat

Is the players working environment that bad? They are still being paid too aren't they?

These are pro sports people, it should hurt them to lose wether it's a match, training or ping pong. They should want to win at everything they do.

They should be playing their best because it's their career.

It doesn't excuse the players at all. They aren't working in a sweat shop.[/Q

The club is a mess, from top to bottom, so if you honestly think it has no bearing on results or the standard of player we now have within the squad then i cant persuade you to think any different. But Nick go find a player and see what the reality really is, its not all shits and giggles the club is short sighted and has no direction, leadership or desire to improve.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I walked into a job when I used to work in hotel's a few years ago. I got paid absolutely fuck all, and was given a broken and thread bare team. Also, not only did I not have the reources to run front of house in this posh country manor, I was also having to do all this during the busiest time of the year, Christmas.

I worked 80, 90, 100 hour weeks and ran myself in the fucking ground, only for the area manager to put me up against a wall when I confronted him for making two of my receptionists cry and walk out on the busiest Friday evening before Christmas. I was breaking point, and was being shouted at by customers left, right, and centre for things out of my control.

I'm sorry, but these players are fucking weak and an absolute disgrace to the Coventry City name. We all know the owners can go and do one, but that isn't my point. Even if you're in the shit you pull together and you work as a team, even if you hate the manager and the ownership. Your team mates, and in their case the fans that support them need you, and deserve everything you can give.

They aren't good enough, but they also aren't putting anywhere near enough in. I would be looking to replace about 90% of them in the summer at this point.

On a side note, thank fuck I don't work in hospitality anymore.

Hugh Jarse

Who cares, we are Div 2 bound, does it really matter which date it is actually confirmed on? It won't be down to bad luck, unlucky breaks, bad refereeing, injured players. Top and bottom of it is that we are not good enough, I feel sorry for all those fans who claim we are too big a club to be relegated, we are not, end of.

Adge

I knew we were in big trouble watching that shower on the first game away at Swindon. That said, I didn't think it would be this bad!

SkyBlueSid

Great legends day an event where less than 25% are legends should be named former players day.
That's true enough, some of the former players who turn up played only a handful of games for the club. The FPA is one of the best supported throughout the leagues, although that is don to the people that run it, not CCFC itself.

I would say that even those who are not 'legends' still care far more about the club than some of the trash who currently pull on the shirt. The present squad won't have many future legends among them.

oucho

According to my analysis (see Relegation Thread, page 13 post 1 this morning), it'll be the Sheff U game.

Relegation thread

Otis

Will we win another league game this season ?
Yes.

I am confident we will. I did think Robins would turn things around completely and we would finish the season well (though still be relegated), but I am going to reassess that now.

9 games left. I will go for 3 wins, 4 defeats, 2 draws, or 3 wins, 5 defeats, 1 draw.

Otis

Yes.

I am confident we will. I did think Robins would turn things around completely and we would finish the season well (though still be relegated), but I am going to reassess that now.

9 games left. I will go for 3 wins, 4 defeats, 2 draws, or 3 wins, 5 defeats, 1 draw.
Looking at the fixtures I am going to guess at wins against Charlton and Walsall at home and then one out of Port Vale or Bristol Rovers, again at home.

I don't think we will win away for the rest of the season.

This will therefore leave us with one single away win for the whole campaign.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

17 points from safety with 9 games to go

prediction on when we will be officially relegated.

it could be the weekend when we're at Wembley.
Last August , when the transfer window closed !!!

Users who are viewing this thread