Offshore work (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

Just wondered if anyone has or is currently working offshore. Trying for a job but having trouble?? Interested in what to expect when I finally get there. Probs be starting as a roustabout. Any ideas on starting salary and demands of the job etc. Cheers in advance

Last edited:

Perryccfc

I'm 23 I have no experience offshore which I presume is the stumbling block. I have a hnc diploma in engineering operations and maintenance and the bosiet and mist quals. And I also have general quals from previous employment of manager at sports centre such as nplq, first aid at work, first responder first at, health and safety at work, people management, staff management etc. An gcse grades are all B's and C's. It seems it's more of a case of who you know rather than what you know.

SkyBluegilby

Hi Perry,

Have a look at a company called Optilan in Coventry they do a lot of Engineering in the Oil & Gas Market, (I used to work in Recruitment back in the day) and the company I worked for did a lot of work with them - Fuel Recruitment based in leamington Spa, may be worth getting your CV to them as well,

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread