Ogrizovic retiring end of season (1 Viewer)

SkyBIueArmy

Thoughts on that? To be fair, he's done his time, he's 59 years old and it's time for him to sit back and watch from the stands

CovisGod

Good.

Edit- Slightly unfair, class player in his day but I've heard from multiple people the blokes a bit of a bell end. Maybe he was our unlucky charm and we'll start rocketing up the leagues when he fucks off.

torchomatic

Hurrah!

steve82

A good servant to the club, I think the time is right. MR should be allowed to structure the backroom team from top to bottom of staff he wants
As a few have said we will await the 5 things about oggy in the telegraph to confirm the news.

bawtryneal

Good luck in his retirement or whatever his plans
Great servant to CCFC but his time is up.
Was he pushed or did he jump? I wonder ?

Captain Dart

Nothing on the official site or Cov Tel or Cov Observer? Is this just a wind up then.

torchomatic

torchomatic

He has improved last four games in my opinion.
Would keep him as number 2 next season.

Number two to an experienced keeper would be fine.

Terry Gibson's perm

He has improved last four games in my opinion.
Would keep him as number 2 next season.

What about rcc I think we have too many keepers on the books already for a fourth division team

Rcc
Burge
Addai
Has the academy lad got a deal yet?

Bob Latchford

If true , good luck Oggy . a decent keeper for CCFC .literally saved us many times over the years.

weecohawena

Club legend.

Any of our fans who have a bad word to say about him are fucking idiotic. One of a limited number of players who have actually won silverware.

Sometimes you get the Club you deserve. Our fans are fucking stupid. Oggy will get slated, whereas someone like Mo fucking Konjic gets lauded as a legend.

You deserve league 2.

Hobo

Relieved.

Been a very good servant to the club, but now it is time for fresh faces and new impetus.

No doubt we will be tripping over world class goalkeepers from now on.

better days

I believe Sam Ricketts may also have left the club. Did anyone notice Friday's program had Jordon Willis writing the skipper's page instead of Sam?
He was off doing coaching badges but doesn't appear to have returned to the club
A shame as he was helping some of our young players with extra coaching and advice
I wish Sam well if he has left the club

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Number two to an experienced keeper would be fine.

Be just our luck we sign an experienced keeper whilst keeping Burge on the books as a number 2, and in our annual friendly against Nuneaton the new keeper breaks his back covering for our defence, and spends months on the sidelines meaning Burge starts next season anyway :)

Terry Gibson's perm

If Ricketts has gone that's a shame but you can't keep everyone, hopefully Tudgay will be gone soon as well and the strikers might get a coach who can show them how to score.

As a side issue I wonder if the club will look to cut back on the skeleton staff they already have if they are my vote as always goes to Scope.

rupert_bear

Oggys goalkeeping ability were worth at least 10 points a season which kept us in the Premiership a number of seasons probably most seasons, yet receives dogs abuse on here from no marks who probably never seen him play. I will watch with interest when a new goalkeeper coach is appointed where the Oggy critics aim their bile the first time Leigh Burge drops a clanger.

torchomatic

No doubt we will be tripping over world class goalkeepers from now on.

A half decent one would make a change.

Terry Gibson's perm

Oggys goalkeeping ability were worth at least 10 points a season which kept us in the Premiership a number of seasons probably most seasons, yet receives dogs abuse on here from no marks who probably never seen him play. I will watch with interest when a new goalkeeper coach is appointed where the Oggy critics aim their bile the first time Leigh Burge drops a clanger.

Rarely do I disagree with you Rupert, but it is impossible to say if he was worth any points as another goalkeeper may have saved all of the ones he did and a few more, it's like on the tv when somebody says only he could have saved that you never know.

I saw him play and he was good until the last few years when he became a liability and was rightly replaced by the superior Hedman (at that time).

no_loyalty

I'm glad Oggy has finally called it a day, and good luck to him.

What is Kirkland doing these days? maybe he could become the new GK coach?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
And about fuckin' time too! Get some fresh faces in at the club FFS!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread