Ogrizovic retiring end of season (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I never said I hated him. I just think that after 33 years as a player and coach, it's time to move on. That and the fact he totally ignored me once when I said "Hi" to him when I spotted him outside a shop in Quinton Parade some years ago. He just looked at me and walked off. It doesn't cost a penny to be nice to your fans!

Captain Dart

well, if true, that's another one gone who we can no longer blame for the mess our clubs in !
If he goes and things look up will there be shouts of "told you it was his fault" on this forum?

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
I believe Sam Ricketts may also have left the club. Did anyone notice Friday's program had Jordon Willis writing the skipper's page instead of Sam?
He was off doing coaching badges but doesn't appear to have returned to the club
A shame as he was helping some of our young players with extra coaching and advice
I wish Sam well if he has left the club

Ricketts was always doing the defensive warmups before games until Robins, then it was another bloke doing it.

stevefloyd

Rarely do I disagree with you Rupert, but it is impossible to say if he was worth any points as another goalkeeper may have saved all of the ones he did and a few more, it's like on the tv when somebody says only he could have saved that you never know.

I saw him play and he was good until the last few years when he became a liability and was rightly replaced by the superior Hedman (at that time).
I totally agree, when Hedman came in he was like a breath of fresh air, I used to dread Oggy being on the team sheet towards the end, he was an ok goalkeeper not a great goalkeeper if he had been great biggr clubs would have come in for him...they didn't!
He has been here plenty of years but sadly like his goalkeeping career too long...good luck to him perhaps he will become a meet and greet at Asda...ohh wait a minute you need to be civil to do that

letsallsingtogether

Club legend.

Any of our fans who have a bad word to say about him are fucking idiotic. One of a limited number of players who have actually won silverware.

Sometimes you get the Club you deserve. Our fans are fucking stupid. Oggy will get slated, whereas someone like Mo fucking Konjic gets lauded as a legend.

You deserve league 2.
Exactly.
Blamed for having 2 young goalkeepers who were in turn blamed for letting in goals while they had the worst defence in the league in front of them.
But hey ho someone has to carry the can.
Good luck Oggy.
Wonder who we can blame next season?

oucho

I believe Sam Ricketts may also have left the club. Did anyone notice Friday's program had Jordon Willis writing the skipper's page instead of Sam?
He was off doing coaching badges but doesn't appear to have returned to the club
A shame as he was helping some of our young players with extra coaching and advice
I wish Sam well if he has left the club
I never buy a programme - are you saying that Ricketts has been writing the captain's column this season even after he retired back in October?

Adge

Club legend.

Any of our fans who have a bad word to say about him are fucking idiotic. One of a limited number of players who have actually won silverware.

Sometimes you get the Club you deserve. Our fans are fucking stupid. Oggy will get slated, whereas someone like Mo fucking Konjic gets lauded as a legend.

You deserve league 2.
Na, that wasn't the worst. Remember the appeal to keep Barry Quinn at the club when he was released?:woot:

torchomatic

Exactly.
Blamed for having 2 young goalkeepers who were in turn blamed for letting in goals while they had the worst defence in the league in front of them.
But hey ho someone has to carry the can.
Good luck Oggy.
Wonder who we can blame next season?

Burge is 24. Are we going to stop calling him young when he's 30?

torchomatic

Good luck to Oggy won't argue there but pleased he is moving on, if true. We need a fresh team off the pitch as well as on it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Even Alex Ferguson knew it was time he moved on, and that was only after 27 years! Give it up Oggy!

CJ_covblaze

I'm glad Oggy has finally called it a day, and good luck to him.

What is Kirkland doing these days? maybe he could become the new GK coach?

I think he would be a good coach however I can't see him ever coming here after what he's said about the owners of the club!

torchomatic

Believe it or not I'm sure there are coaches who never used to play for CCFC.

Gint11

It's alright, Simon G and the CET will announce this as an EXCLUSIVE about 3 months too late. Oggy is a club legend but I've always questioned what use he's been as a goalkeeping coach. We need fresh faces now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

Wow, don't get the hate for a Club legend.
All the best to Oggy in whatever path in life you take.
I totally agree, when Hedman came in he was like a breath of fresh air, I used to dread Oggy being on the team sheet towards the end, he was an ok goalkeeper not a great goalkeeper if he had been great biggr clubs would have come in for him...they didn't!
He has been here plenty of years but sadly like his goalkeeping career too long...good luck to him perhaps he will become a meet and greet at Asda...ohh wait a minute you need to be civil to do that

I never felt that Hedman was anywhere near as good as Oggy. Whereas Oggy would always put his head in where it hurt, as witnessed by his frequently broken nose, Hedman was always a lot less likely to damage his good looks. I think their respective employment and life styles since they both retired say a lot about their character. With Oggy playing for a side always in the top flight and one which during his time was relatively successful, it would have been hard for him to improve except by joining one of the big six of that time. Liverpool initially saw enough in him to take him from Chesterfield to Anfield. From the moment of watching his debut at Villa Park it was obvious that we had got a good keeper. Also voted top all time City keeper on here in last year's survey.

Last edited:

duffer

Thoughts on that? To be fair, he's done his time, he's 59 years old and it's time for him to sit back and watch from the stands

Where's the actual evidence then?

I'm sure you're not the kind of lazy, careless, brainless twat that just makes stuff up, but sadly there are a few about. Can you provide sources, please?

Cov kid 55

I never said I hated him. I just think that after 33 years as a player and coach, it's time to move on. That and the fact he totally ignored me once when I said "Hi" to him when I spotted him outside a shop in Quinton Parade some years ago. He just looked at me and walked off. It doesn't cost a penny to be nice to your fans!
He spoke to me at Bury, was a gent. He's been a great servant of the club, and it's a shame that some people don't recognize that. Who saw him keep us in the Premier League at White Hart Lane? - I'll never forget that game. The only one of our FA Cup winners to get pretty cruel stick on this forum. You could say he is the second best goalkeeper we have had, behind Bill Glazier, that's a discussion to have - anyone on here ever see Reg Matthews play? So if it's true, good luck Oggy, and thank you. Having said all of this, if Mark Robbins wants to make sweeping changes, then I think we would probably all go along with it.

banbury_skyblue

Oggy is certainly not the issue!

Haven't had a truly poor goalie since Dimi Konstantopolous!

Marshall, Westwood, Murphy, Burge & even RCC .... none have been poor!

Lack of goals and players adjusting frequently to new managers and new teammates is why we lost so many games!

wingy

If it were true is it an indication of academy downgrade.
Or do the kids receive coaching from someone else?

Paxman II

Not before time. I think his influence around the club has been a negative factor during our demise.
A quality keeper in his day but not particularly a good keeper coach.
For a club to move forward you need to let go of the past.

Westendlad

What academy? ;)
Makes me laugh (well actually it doesn't) the usual knobheads on here slag off anything or anyone that was part of the good times of our club.....Oggy was a legend for us...never forget that....Our 2 keepers are both learning their trade and its a fact that keepers don't reach they're peak till late 20's early 30's......So clap clap Oggy haters.....thick scum twats..

Astute

His distribution was poor at times. But everything else was at least good. The last of the proper GK's. How many times did he get a foot or elbow in the face and still make a save. These days it is a free kick if you even look at the keeper. Voice like a foghorn. You could always hear him over the crowd.

Always found him to be a nice bloke. Other than when I was 19 that is. Was at the children's hospital when the team turned up with the cup. The cup was on a table as they were talking to the children. I couldn't resist it. I picked it up and celebrated as though I had just won it. OI PUT IT DOWN was shouted right behind me. Fookin shit muself. Turned around to see a big smile on his face. The kids loved him.

Great servant. Never chased the dollar. Put nearly all of his working life into our club. It will be strange not to see him around when he does leave.

Good luck Oggy. Thanks for the memories.

AFCCOVENTRY

Magnus was a very agile as a keeper. But the main reason he was a better keeper than Oggy was his super fit mrs. She had a nice calendar out at the time...

Users who are viewing this thread