Oldham Match - Snow concerns (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueAde

This is just my brain dump of things I hope the club will be considering before deciding on whether tomorrow's game goes ahead:

Car parking - will the car parks be cleared and available for use? Car park C has a sloped entrance/exit which will be a dangerous to negotiate even in a 4x4
Walk up routes and access paths - are these being cleared?
Seats and stadium steps - Whilst the pitch should be OK with the under soil heating, what about lying snow on the seats and stairwells?

The snow we've had today isn't due to thaw before tomorrow.

And if it is called off, by what time can we expect a decision (for the committed folk who travel longer distances to be there and want to avoid a wasted journey)?

Anybody got anything else to add?

Ade
(I don't work in Health & Safety honest! Just want to see some common sense in any decisions made)

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

Been on a Risk Assessment course?

Sorry! Couldn't stop myself even though you say you are not in to Health and Safety.

There is a thing called positive risk taking as well.

Personally I think the game will be called off by this evening. Too much to do before tomorrow. The footpaths are indeed going to be a problem.

Last edited:

Richdunny

This is just my brain dump of things I hope the club will be considering before deciding on whether tomorrow's game goes ahead:<br />
<br />
<b>Car parking</b> - will the car parks be cleared and available for use? Car park C has a sloped entrance/exit which will be a dangerous to negotiate even in a 4x4<br />
<b>Walk up routes and access paths</b> - are these being cleared?<br />
<b>Seats and stadium steps</b> - Whilst the pitch should be OK with the under soil heating, what about lying snow on the seats and stairwells?<br />
<br />
The snow we've had today isn't due to thaw before tomorrow.<br />
<br />
And if it is called off, by what time can we expect a decision (for the committed folk who travel longer distances to be there and want to avoid a wasted journey)?<br />
<br />
Anybody got anything else to add?<br />
<br />
Ade<br />
(I don't work in Health &amp; Safety honest! Just want to see some common sense in any decisions made)
<br />
<br />

lordsummerisle

I just wish that somebody else had thought of mentioning this before on here today.

Hope it's not too late to get something done about it.

NuneatonSkyBlue

If you dont hear other wise turn up. Im pretty sure the club have/will consider all of those points and will do everything to get the game on.

Greggs

underfloor heating :claping hands:! No chance it will be on, going to carry on snowing right up until KO tomorrow!
I'm hoping Royal Mail dont send their posties out again, carnage today :mad:

Covstu

we will see at the pitch inspection tomorrow, I bet there will be lots of games off tomorrow.

Mucca Mad Boys

Correct, remember it well........was it Gunnarsson got sent off....slip sliding into some pansy.

Yep, thats the one! Lets hope we win in the snow this time.

I'm 90% sure it'll be on, and I'll have to go to work till 3:30! :mad:

I'll leave early though.

SBS

Correct, remember it well........was it Gunnarsson got sent off....slip sliding into some pansy.

Yeah it was Lansbury, the injury was so serious that he got up and ran off the pitch as soon as the red came out :jerkit:

I still remember people on the phone in afterwards saying that they didn't go because of the weather, yet 2000 Norwich fans arrived safely!

wingy

No, I don't wanna' work tomorrow!

We have the facilities needed to keep the game on!

Footballers need to man up, they did it in the pre-90s alright!

We've had at least two games go ahead when conditions have been like those today and potentially tommorow ,if they want it to go ahead they will put the effort in to get it on.

The question for me is 1. How badly do the club want the money?? 2.What is the current relationship like between ACL/CCFC and where is the demarcation between who is responsible for what ?? IE; How much goodwill is there and whose staff clear the area,if its been ACL's in the past its possibly not at the moment

oakey

Yeah it was Lansbury, the injury was so serious that he got up and ran off the pitch as soon as the red came out :jerkit:

I still remember people on the phone in afterwards saying that they didn't go because of the weather, yet 2000 Norwich fans arrived safely!
Yes that's because the snow was in the West and Norwich fans came from the East.
I remember The Norwich game as I spent the morning looking at the pictures from the webcams on the M5 near me. Many drivers abandoned their cars that morning and the slip roads were skid pans. Took a friend of mine 3 hours to get from Nuneaton to my road on that evening. Don't assume all City fans live in Coventry. Many of us travel in and the weather and road conditions are a consideration. Only a fool goes out on a non essential journey without due thought to the road and weather situation.

SkyBlue_Bear83

snow has now stopped,lets hope it stays that way
Still light snowing here and I am maybe 10 minutes car journey away from the Ricoh

I don't think it will be on, the pitch should be playable as long as it is not snowing from now till kick off. If the snow stops in time I imagine it wouldn't take more than 2 hours to get the pitch playable, the surrounding areas will be the concern though

Users who are viewing this thread