Oldham Match - Snow concerns (1 Viewer)

wingy

Minimal flurries forecast between now and lunchtime tommorow ,car parks are cleared by council gritting /Snow ploughs ,operations manager is confident ,if people are hardy enough and dress accordingly the perimeters will be clear so it should be on as it has when we've had these conditions before,buses may be a letdown though as they were pulled at 8pm tonight ,Pussies.:mad::confused:

SBS

Yes that's because the snow was in the West and Norwich fans came from the East.
I remember The Norwich game as I spent the morning looking at the pictures from the webcams on the M5 near me. Many drivers abandoned their cars that morning and the slip roads were skid pans. Took a friend of mine 3 hours to get from Nuneaton to my road on that evening. Don't assume all City fans live in Coventry. Many of us travel in and the weather and road conditions are a consideration. Only a fool goes out on a non essential journey without due thought to the road and weather situation.

I don't assume all Coventry fans live in Coventry...I've lived in Altrincham, near Manchester for the last 5 years! Still made it back for that game though!

Last edited:

chriscovfc

hey all. just signed up been a recent lurker. Just putting in that my house overlooks to the ricoh and the snows stopped and the gritters have been out in the car park. Should be on tomoz! fingers crossed for 3pts PUSB

H

Harry Grout

If we played the match on the surrounding areas, I think it would be called off ;)

elephanttears

If we played the match on the surrounding areas, I think it would be called off ;)

Surely people living in the surrounding areas would be used to living in the surrounding areas. If they choose to live in the surrounding areas then thats there choice, no one asked them to live in the surrounding areas. Personally i would choose to live right on the edge of a surrounding area so i have the best of both worlds.

H

Harry Grout

Surely people living in the surrounding areas would be used to living in the surrounding areas. If they choose to live in the surrounding areas then thats there choice, no one asked them to live in the surrounding areas. Personally i would choose to live right on the edge of a surrounding area so i have the best of both worlds.

Depends what your surrounding though I suppose.

wingy

But would'nt that make you suburban ,living in the "Suburbs" so just for you.
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire (Music Video) - YouTube

► 5:16► 5:16

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4JrQpzno5Y
Jul 5, 2010 - Uploaded by StocktoSong
My fan made music video for the new Arcade Fire song. Can't wait for the album to drop on August 2nd ...

elephanttears

But would'nt that make you suburban ,living in the "Suburbs" so just for you.
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire (Music Video) - YouTube

► 5:16► 5:16

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4JrQpzno5Y
Jul 5, 2010 - Uploaded by StocktoSong
My fan made music video for the new Arcade Fire song. Can't wait for the album to drop on August 2nd ...

I suppose it would, i wouldn't want to live in the suburbs they tell "lies" i would rebel!

For you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42g4T_tZPTA

H

Harry Grout

Maybe the Council could buy a special fleet of snow ploughs just for the surrounding areas, loan them to ACL at a very keen rate of interest, who in turn could rent them to the Club? ;) Game on!

elephanttears

Maybe the Council could buy a special fleet of snow ploughs just for the surrounding areas, loan them to ACL at a very keen rate of interest, who in turn could rent them to the Club? ;) Game on!

hahaha brilliant!!

Or the council could buy the surrounding areas with public money, then give them to ACL who could then charge the people that live there extortionate rates just to live there

im watching days of thunder now...

H

Harry Grout

hahaha brilliant!!

Or the council could buy the surrounding areas with public money, then give them to ACL who could then charge the people that live there extortionate rates just to live there

im watching days of thunder now...

The price you pay for wanting to live on the edge of a surrounding area! I'm off to watch my alter ego in an old episode of Porridge. Ah nostalgia, not what it used to be............

ccfcway

MENTAL, The Club, and RENT, in the same sentance ?

WestEndAgro

I had a email from the SBT asking for volunteers to go and clear the pitch, is anyone going up ?a

W

wey sky blue

So you have a reply then westendagro

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEndAgro

I didn't reply, because can't get up up there till around 2.30, I just wondered if anybody was going ?

I have replied now, so I will add details if I receive any.

SkyBlueAde

Head Groundsman is due on BBC CWR at 10:10.

CWR are also reporting that all approaches and paths have been cleared and gritted.

Great news. C'mon City - 3 points again please!

Ashdown1

Its safer to have more snow on the paths for walking, its worse when they have been left with thinner icy patches.

Flying Fokker

The first 2 leaps were a bit of a learning curve, here goes another try.

download

Users who are viewing this thread