Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Annoying, Tommy. I remember games such as Swindon away when we were 2-0 with 8 mins to go, only to draw. We lost the play-off race back in the Autumn.

Nick

Administrator
How far behind is SBP? Armstrong has just missed for me! ha

GET IN!

Happy for Armstrong!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Annoying, Tommy. I remember games such as Swindon away when we were 2-0 with 8 mins to go, only to draw. We lost the play-off race back in the Autumn.

There are so many individual games - even moments - that we can point at - however, a year ago we were struggling to avoid relegation and only got out of the drop zone in the last 20 minutes.

We've come a long way.

torchomatic

Totally agree, which is why for me this season has been fine. Best I've seen for a decade or more and the best my lad has ever seen. OK, so ultimately we missed out, but I'm not as down as many fans seem to be. We've seen some brilliant games and some healthy scores, so not too downhearted.

There are so many individual games - even moments - that we can point at - however, a year ago we were struggling to avoid relegation and only got out of the drop zone in the last 20 minutes.

We've come a long way.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Back to back defeats against Peterborough and Colchester stick out for me. Two piss poor teams who we should have taken 6 points off without even breaking a sweat, I said going into the them two matches if we win like we should then we would make the play offs and those 6 points look like they could have been the difference.

stupot07

Yup, the relegation form we went on for half a season following beating gills in November to April is where promotion was lost

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DazzleTommyDazzle

Totally agree, which is why for me this season has been fine. Best I've seen for a decade or more and the best my lad has ever seen. OK, so ultimately we missed out, but I'm not as down as many fans seem to be. We've seen some brilliant games and some healthy scores, so not too downhearted.

Yep and we currently have a goal difference of +18.

Not sure I can remember anything like that in my Sky Blues watching life.

Nick

Administrator
At least now we have Harries, Kelly Evans, Thomas, Gadzev, Vincelot on the pitch. Get's them ready for next season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well FT 2-0 win and the end of the season.

On the whole a superb season that ended in disappointment, confident Mowbray will have us stronger again next season

No Way Back

Goal difference always give you a good guide as to where a team should be in the table. As has been said good progress this season but the biggest problem will be finding another 20 goals a season striker. Without that its mid table again or worse.

Hobo

Well played City good away result. Good progress made this season and some encouraging signs in the last few games.

Paxman II

It's just difficult when you realise that terrible patch we had would not have even mattered had we just picked up a couple of results during it. But the glass is half full and we are in a strong position to take it on next season. Can't see many being better than us next season. This has still been the best season for some time albeit in league 1. Nice to see Arma departing with his goal which i think puts him on 20?

covcity4life

Signed off with 4 wins from 5.Armstrong got 20th goal. A good end to a good season. Just could have been very special at one point tho. Overall a step forward under.mowbray

Rcc will only get better.Martin harries and 2 big cbs needed. We need 2 new rbs. Stokes and 1 new lb and maybe keep ricketts 1 more year. In middle Bulgarian vincelot rose and maybe Fleck and Bigi. Wings and behind striker lameires jones sayoudf g thomas. Need 2 more tho probs and upfront we keep fortune maybe and add 3 new strikers

Countdown to next seaosn begins . We will get to celebrate one day

martcov

A good place to build up from. Decent manager - despite some criticism. Off the field - at least stable. Yes, I know we don't own the stadium and that there is a long way to go, but as with on the field, it is not getting worse. After years of crap, 8th place and aiming for break-even can be regarded as success ( for the moment). Looking forward to the trend carrying through to next season.....

Users who are viewing this thread