Match Thread Oldham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Oldham v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

Win if we can get either Yakubu in and playing, or Folivi.

I do worry about the lack of goals, even in spite of the 2 last night.

We need someone scoring freely.

CovisGod

I've done an interview in the match day programme, can one of you folks going take a pic and post it up please ? Apologies in advance if I sound like a knob

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Back down to earth........... 2-0 to Oldham. :emoji_disappointed:

Otis

I think it may well be a draw too, but that is not good enough unfortunately.

The next 5 games are in fact massive and we need to beat those around us to stand any sort of chance at all.

Oldham A

Wimbledon A

Gillingham H

Swindon H

Bury A

Have to beat Oldham, Swindon and Bury for starters.

One game at a time though of course and 3 points Saturday is a must.

Swindon and Bury meet this weekend and they can't both lose.

lifeskyblue

The great escape starts at Oldham or doesn't start at all...3 points a must. Can't see us avoiding relegation but I hope we go down battling for every point. I'm going for a win by 2-1 more out of desperation rather than expectation.

PUSB

standupforcity

Going to AFC game and my AFC supporter mate reckons they are shot since Sutton defeat....3 points there would be nice!

Nick

Administrator
I can see a cheeky win this weekend, will be interesting to see what team he puts out!

tom88

I can see a win. After midweek grinding out the victory will give some confidence. Plus everyone will want o make a good impression for a starting place at Wembley

Anyone who likes a flutter we are a massive 13/5 to win

AFCCOVENTRY

Depends if Beavon is fit to lead the line. Only hope of goals at the moment.

Yakubu isn't match fit or has signed for us so let's forget about him for now. That Watford kid is carrying an injury.

stupot07

Depends if Beavon is fit to lead the line. Only hope of goals at the moment.

Yakubu isn't match fit or has signed for us so let's forget about him for now. That Watford kid is carrying an injury.

And is a completely untried kid, we have no idea whether he will be the next Armstrong or the next Chuka Akpon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bugsy

2-0 win a perfect end to a perfect week...PUSB

oucho

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we win. Players' confidence must have been boosted by Tuesday. Oldham lost at MK and have scored even fewer goals than us this season - they know they need to win this one even more than we do, arguably. It's all there for us to win 2-0.

Otis

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we win. Players' confidence must have been boosted by Tuesday. Oldham lost at MK and have scored even fewer goals than us this season - they know they need to win this one even more than we do, arguably. It's all there for us to win 2-0.
Going to be very tough.

Last 4 home games for Oldham -

L 1-2 Bradford

W 2-0 Peterborough

W 1-0 Gillingham

D 0-0 Port Vale

oucho

Of course it's going to be tough - we're bottom of the league, can't score in the league and in spite of their own woes Oldham do not concede many.

6 Generations

Before the fantastic result on Tuesday, i was going to predict Oldham 2- Fold 'em 0.

Just put Yakubu's name on the team sheet on Saturday. It would hopefully have a psychological effect on the opposition and indeed for us, for totally opposite reasons.

We will win 2-1

Edgey95

I think if we pick up 3 points Saturday, we shouldn't write ourselves off just yet. The lads should have a bit of confidence after Tuesday! #TheGreatEscape

SkyBlueCharlie

Was hoping Geoff Foster would ask about Yakubu after Tuesdays game. And Fovili.

He really is crap. "Beavon scored a good goal didn't he Russell?" "Yes he did" "Thomas also scored a good goal didn't he Russell?" "Yes he did as well".

Pulitzer stuff right there.

Someone needs to try to teach him how to ask open-ended questions but they say you can't teach and old dog new tricks so probably a waste of time.

Otis

Someone needs to try to teach him how to ask open-ended questions but they say you can't teach and old dog new tricks so probably a waste of time.
All it needs is a 'Russell, tell us about the Beavon situation.'

Or 'So, Russell, what can you tell us about Chris Stokes?'

Otis

This match really could be do or die. Win and we move within four points of Oldham. We would also have a game in hand. That would make the situation look so much rosier.

Lose and we are a massive TEN points behind. At that point I would say we ARE relegated.

Never going to make up a 10 point gap. There would be just 16 games left. Would take 4 wins in a row with them losing at least 3 out of 4 just to even catch up with them.

This game is absolutely HUGE!!

A win gives us a chance.

A defeat condemns us to certain relegation

A draw just prolongs the agony.

no_loyalty

With Yak attack I think we will win 2-1, without him 0-0

Users who are viewing this thread