Match Thread Oldham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

The league was only 10 games in, the difference in the league is never that much after 10 games. Why can't you just admit that in his 10 game stint and in recruitment, mowbray failed this season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How many more times can i say summer recruitment was poor? Its almost as if you are ignoring me mate.

Mowbray got 6 draws. We only lost 4. Were we good? Nope. Were we 100% 24th position 10pts off safety relegation fodder? Nope

Venus and slade runs of resukts are reason we are where we are. The recruitment took us from 8th to lower table. But trouble becomes relegation when u have shit managers at helm loke venus and slade imo

shmmeee

The problem with building is getting sisu to finance longer term contracts and to get people in early pre season when there's no money coming into the club. A situation that will deteriorate further next year as more and more people don't renew their ST.
Fisher needs to look at this because we'll never improve as a club with the current constant turn over of players.

We will have some cash for rebuilding in the summer. Stevenson will go, Willis will go, Haynes will go, Harries probably as well. That's potentially £2m+.

Get a keeper in their late 20s in, a big CB and a target man on 3 year contracts. Bigi would stay if we asked him, L2 is probably his level. Promote some of the kids, Thomas up front alongside a big man, DiKE RB, DeKE and Jones on the wings. Finch in the middle. A few loans. Look for a couple of young players being released from the Prem or coming through in non-league. Get a manager in who has can put in a "Coventry way". Make it clear that's the plan, no "bounce back budget" just a plan for stability and a platform to build on even if it means we are mid-table in L2 for a couple of years before we are challenging.

ecky

Mowbray has been, and always will be accountable for not only blowing promotion, but also getting us relegated by putting together a team that even I could play in.

Slade might not be the messiah by any means, but apart from being not very good, all he can be blamed for is being unable to fix Mowbray's (and Venus') mess.

Just like being unable to change all that, we always cannot change that you are wrong on this.
I don't think Slade has anything new to offer our club
Tactically he is inept and I'm afraid his track records should of been enough of a warning for us before he was employed

shmmeee

Sisu have abd are hurting ccfc more than mowbray venus and slade combined. We ahud never forget this even tho its easier to focus on football level as board politics is depressing.

Love the fact that you can tell how angry you're getting by the typos creeping in lol

stevefloyd

The league was only 10 games in, the difference in the league is never that much after 10 games. Why can't you just admit that in his 10 game stint and in recruitment, mowbray failed this season?

We will pretty much all unanimously agree with you that Slade has failed since he joined.

Not having a go at you, but this year in the league has been a disaster start to finish.

Pointless arguing with him Stu...he's a complete nob and I thought he was ok to start...I bet he even argues in his sleep

AVWskyblue

Haha

Wheb you think im wrong its stfu

When im proven right its stfu

Ahhaha
It's not about whether your right or wrong, it's about you getting so smug about it that it's more important to you than us losing a game we should have won you complete and utter immature tool

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

stupot07

How many more times can i say summer recruitment was poor? Its almost as if you are ignoring me mate.

Mowbray got 6 draws. We only lost 4. Were we good? Nope. Were we 100% 24th position 10pts off safety relegation fodder? Nope

Venus and slade runs of resukts are reason we are where we are. The recruitment took us from 8th to lower table. But trouble becomes relegation when u have shit managers at helm loke venus and slade imo
Mowbray managed us for 1/3 of our league games, at this point in time he is just as much to blame. Its a 46 game season not a 36 game season and the other 10 games don't matter

Slade - failed
Venus - failed
Mowbray - failed
Sisu - failed
Fisher - failed
The squad - failed

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Slade

Don't feel gifted Oldham

Better team in parts. Hit woodwork twice

Conceded 3 disappointing goals

Not laid a glove on the man for the third and that frustrates the hell out of me

Go in and play good stuff to get a goal back

5 mins of madness

Could have been a free kick on the GK

Decisions not gone against us

Unbelievable

Keep it tight. Keep it right

Think RCC should do better but a bit of a nudge on him

Some refs give it. This one didn't

What we do; start second half we'll. give sloppiest free kick away. Two opportunities to clear it. Can't give it distance and re shape. Provides Oldham with pressure for second half

Don't deal with basics well enough

What frustrates me about them - I wish we were poor consistently

Mental weakness

Unlucky not to score four today - positive side

Pummel them towards the end

Hard when chasing the game away from home

Have to do 'it' consistently

Can't play out there part time. Have to concentrate for 96 mins. Have to be brave. Have to be bold

Don't want to make any excuses

Two really good players missing

Numbers in league don't lie

Working very hard

In tomorrow at 10am. Not forgetting about that

Paxman II

Lets be honest and stop blaming all and sundry. We were the better side today up to the RCC error. Could have been so different. BUT the problem is Slade has his opinion on team selection that I believe most of us would say differs from ours? that's the issue here not so much Fisher, SISU or anything else in the short term.
I thought Turnball deserved a start today and showed he can play for the shirt. those we like to call our better players carrying knocks need to take a pain shot and step up. Slade for me is failing in all departments regarding the team and what is needed game by game and recognizing the urgency. he tinkers too much and then expects someone like gadcev to turn it on? Surely if you had too Biggi would have been a better selection? his decisions are bewildering and that is why we lost today. The manager not Fisher, not SISU as much as I want to blame them.

ecky

We will have some cash for rebuilding in the summer. Stevenson will go, Willis will go, Haynes will go, Harries probably as well. That's potentially £2m+.

Get a keeper in their late 20s in, a big CB and a target man on 3 year contracts. Bigi would stay if we asked him, L2 is probably his level. Promote some of the kids, Thomas up front alongside a big man, DiKE RB, DeKE and Jones on the wings. Finch in the middle. A few loans. Look for a couple of young players being released from the Prem or coming through in non-league. Get a manager in who has can put in a "Coventry way". Make it clear that's the plan, no "bounce back budget" just a plan for stability and a platform to build on even if it means we are mid-table in L2 for a couple of years before we are challenging.
We won't have any cash your dreaming

Terry Gibson's perm

Yes they will go and it may raise £2m+ but none of that will go on team building it will go to keeping the owners happy as will the Wembley money, with such low season ticket sales the playing budget could end up nearer to £1m than this years figure but even at that number we shouldn't be desperate enough to keep the hopeless Finch

The other issue is who is going to decide who gets kept on and released.

Gazolba

Not signing a reliable goal-keeper is the most unforgivable sin in my opinion. It's been obvious for two seasons that neither was good enough.
You can't expect any defence to be confident having either one of them in goal.
We were as good as relegated three games ago, the last two games have just confirmed it.

1966skyblue

Just spoke to my son on the way back. Players brought in today - Foley, Clarke and Rawson all at fault for the goals. Said RCC had the ball in 2 hands and had it knocked out. Team selection clueless.

lifeskyblue

I really don't enjoy agreeing with ccfc4l, but you can't blame Mowbray. He left after 10 games, showed last season he can put a side together and Slade had all January to mould the squad in his image and failed miserably.

I agree. We were poor before Mowbray left. We had a bounce then fell away under Venus. Now In the league we are worse than ever. Before TM left we were drawing or losing narrowly. Now we are shipping goals left, right and centre. Turnbull, harries and DKE should be playing from now on. Stevenson and Bigi in midfield and now we are down we should give Ponticelli his chance off the bench.
We have to get a team right for the checkatrade trophy final. Slade start planning for that now.

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not signing a reliable goal-keeper is the most unforgivable sin in my opinion. It's been obvious for two seasons that neither was good enough.
We were as good as relegated three games ago, the last two games have just confirmed it.

I'm amazed so many managers have stuck with choosing between these two.

I like RCC. But he's not been the finished article. And is still too young especially to be involved in our relegation battles.

Wigan thought last season they'd go for an 'up and coming' keeper for this league. They finished it with Promotion after bringing in Jaaskalainen.

An experienced keeper will always be preferred.

ecky

I agree. We were poor before Mowbray left. We had a bounce then fell away under Venus. Now In the league we are worse than ever. Before TM left we were drawing or losing narrowly. Now we are shipping goals left, right and centre. Turnbull, harries and DKE should be playing from now on. Stevenson and Bigi in midfield and now we are down we should give Ponticelli his chance off the bench.
We have to get a team right for the checkatrade trophy final. Slade start planning for that now.

PUSB
I'm hoping the bloke is sacked before then

lifeskyblue

don't know but does it matter right now the way it is going?

No it doesn't to me. I think he would be a good shout. I just wondered if they had to have a certain level of badge. I think managers a few years ago did need certain coaching quals before they could manage a professional club

PUSB

fernandopartridge

Lets be honest and stop blaming all and sundry. We were the better side today up to the RCC error. Could have been so different. BUT the problem is Slade has his opinion on team selection that I believe most of us would say differs from ours? that's the issue here not so much Fisher, SISU or anything else in the short term.
I thought Turnball deserved a start today and showed he can play for the shirt. those we like to call our better players carrying knocks need to take a pain shot and step up. Slade for me is failing in all departments regarding the team and what is needed game by game and recognizing the urgency. he tinkers too much and then expects someone like gadcev to turn it on? Surely if you had too Biggi would have been a better selection? his decisions are bewildering and that is why we lost today. The manager not Fisher, not SISU as much as I want to blame them.
You're wrong. Oldham were on top before the Cook error and that goal was coming. Slade did NOTHING to try and influence the game at all whereas Oldham's boss did.

shmmeee

No more names. No one starting out their career thanks.

Go find someone with a record of improving young players, give them 3-5 years.

covcity4life

It's not about whether your right or wrong, it's about you getting so smug about it that it's more important to you than us losing a game we should have won you complete and utter immature tool

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Simply not true wether you believe me or not. I posted a positive response mid game but ubfortuntley i posted it in off topic by accident lol

covcity4life

Mowbray managed us for 1/3 of our league games, at this point in time he is just as much to blame. Its a 46 game season not a 36 game season and the other 10 games don't matter

Slade - failed
Venus - failed
Mowbray - failed
Sisu - failed
Fisher - failed
The squad - failed

And where have i said different to the above???

They all failed. So to blame 1 guy and say rest neve rhad a chance is dumb imo

Agree?

skybluedan

Exactly mate

Users who are viewing this thread