Match Thread Oldham v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

shelby76

No it doesn't to me. I think he would be a good shout. I just wondered if they had to have a certain level of badge. I think managers a few years ago did need certain coaching quals before they could manage a professional club

PUSB
well to be fare, to slade, he inherited the squad and coaching staff he did not stand a chance.its like saying drive this ford cortina in a race next week no chance. think ricketts would be a breath of fresh air in the future its getting toxic now.

lifeskyblue

well to be fare, to slade, he inherited the squad and coaching staff he did not stand a chance.its like saying drive this ford cortina in a race next week no chance. think ricketts would be a breath of fresh air in the future its getting toxic now.

Yes a breath of fresh air. An intelligent guy with possibly a good managerial future. Not sure if taking over us would be a good start to a career. Possibly if we were a mid table side. At the moment we are a basket case...sliding further and further down.

PUSB

covcity4life

I have never blamed just 1 guy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And neither have i

My posts are aimed at those that blame 1 guy.

Fair tonsay if a differwbt poster gave my exact replies alot of people would agree...and question their spelling.

letsallsingtogether

What new manager doesnt inherit a squad?
He has brought in his own players they are worse then the ones they have replaced. Just goes to show doesn't matter who we get in here we are fucked.
Let's stay cash flow positive let's keep the 1 million so called profit in the bank and let's get religated.
Sounds like a plan:(
We are fucked...............

clint van damme

but if you drive it in reverse then you've still fucked up no matter what you were expected to work with.

Otis

Just got in.

Nowt to lose now. Might as well sack Slade and give Ricketts a go.

We can't possibly do any worse than keep losing games can we, so what the hell.

Looks pretty much over anyway, so the only thing I can see as any glimmer of hope is a new manager bounce.

Didn't happen with Slade, maybe it will happen with Ricketts (or whoever else fancies a go at this basket case of a club).

trevelfarandwide

Whether Slade stays or not is irrelevant, at least to the premise we're going down, however I'm all for sacking the useless fucker and letting Ricketts have a bash till the season's end.

Having spoken to 2 of my friends who attended the game, they both said that it was Slade's fearful tactics and absurd lack of understanding that cost us a potential 3 points.

Going to Wembley? Great. Sack him anyway, he's clueless and he's dragging us down with no dignity, no fight and no managerial skill. If we're destined for L2, then we have to go out kicking and screaming, not rolling over and taking it up the chuffer. With no lube, either.

I hate this, I hate what my club has become and I'm sure as hell sick to death of having to accept failure and mediocrity from CCFC.

Blame who you like, Mowbray, Venus, Slade, they all had to work under the worst climate imaginable. L2 is our reality, and if hope is a spot in the final of a tin pot cup, then we're totally devoid of hope.

Sky Blue Harry H

I am a season ticket holder - have had a few over the years. but had spells when not, due to circumstances, but have always followed the team and got really mad/frustrated when things have gone wrong, yet feel slightly removed from our impending relegation (probably because it seems inevitable - may well get more stressed if we manage to catch up and give ourselves a chance.) Definitely feel - oh, well - can enjoy Wembley, then look at whoever does whatever about assembling the squad for L2. Dread to think what some of the forthcoming home attendance/atmospheres will be like unless we win a couple of the next 3 games (said in a post ages back, February was a key month for us). Hope Kwame Thomas can step up. Like the thought of Yak (although as Grendel said, if we accept we are down, what is the point.Save the money - as long as CCFC gets to keep it)

Otis

Whether Slade stays or not is irrelevant, at least to the premise we're going down, however I'm all for sacking the useless fucker and letting Ricketts have a bash till the season's end.

Having spoken to 2 of my friends who attended the game, they both said that it was Slade's fearful tactics and absurd lack of understanding that cost us a potential 3 points.

Going to Wembley? Great. Sack him anyway, he's clueless and he's dragging us down with no dignity, no fight and no managerial skill. If we're destined for L2, then we have to go out kicking and screaming, not rolling over and taking it up the chuffer. With no lube, either.

I hate this, I hate what my club has become and I'm sure as hell sick to death of having to accept failure and mediocrity from CCFC.

Blame who you like, Mowbray, Venus, Slade, they all had to work under the worst climate imaginable. L2 is our reality, and if hope is a spot in the final of a tin pot cup, then we're totally devoid of hope.
We are already losing every week now. Can't get any worse can it.

I'm all for giving someone a go, but we just keep on losing. It's so grim.

trevelfarandwide

We are already losing every week now. Can't get any worse can it.

I'm all for giving someone a go, but we just keep on losing. It's so grim.
Slade just seems very much out of his depth and comfort zone; today was almost Pressley-esque with the total tactical failure. With Slade at the helm, I fear it could get worse I.E. complete hammerings due to a total lack of tactical awareness, inability to read the flow of play and absolutely NO leadership skills.

Usually I advocate sticking with a manager for as long as possible, but these are extraordinary circumstances. Go down with a wet fart, or gamble on another manager, blood some youngsters and prepare them for the basement of English football.

I'd actually respect Slade a bit if he walked tomorrow, if I'm honest.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just watched the goals back. Looks like it was a RCC cock up for the second. Very little contact if any. Disappointing is that!

As for th other two, OG as bad as I remembered and the last one we just let their bloke steamroll his way through!

On the other hand I liked both of our goals

Grendel

Just got in.

Nowt to lose now. Might as well sack Slade and give Ricketts a go.

We can't possibly do any worse than keep losing games can we, so what the hell.

Looks pretty much over anyway, so the only thing I can see as any glimmer of hope is a new manager bounce.

Didn't happen with Slade, maybe it will happen with Ricketts (or whoever else fancies a go at this basket case of a club).

Sacking Slade is pointless. We'd have to pay his contract up. Ricketts may get a few wins - then what? Keep an inexperienced operator?

Slade took on a job that was always impossible. He took it and can see it through.

No point in spending another penny on recruitment or up front wages to buy off Slade.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

When he said he was bringing them in tomorrow for extra training at 10am, it occurred to me that this single bite of anger was the first time all season I've heard anything other than plain acceptance for the position we are in.

This sort of shit should have been happening months ago.

mrtrench

Sacking Slade is pointless. We'd have to pay his contract up. Ricketts may get a few wins - then what? Keep an inexperienced operator?

Slade took on a job that was always impossible. He took it and can see it through.

No point in spending another penny on recruitment or up front wages to buy off Slade.

Agree, we are down now. His contract is up and the end of the season anyway; let's start this farce again next season with another.

nightowl1883

As we are playing Tuesday, I think the players would have been i on Sunday anyway. So it sounds to the fans it's tough talk but really it a bit of spin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

Was against it previously, but just now I am looking at it from needing something different in order to give us any chance.

Chance now of staying up is ridiculously low I know, but maybe, just maybe a new manager bounce can turn this round and we can survive by some sort of miracle.

If the plan was to employ Slade for this season and for next I could understand it, but if he is going in the summer anyway, I just can't see the point to him being here now presiding over a side who keeps losing every week.

If it is to be Ricketts next season you might as well give him the reins now.

What's the point of Slade in charge if he is going anyway?

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Possibly a foul on cook but he dropped the ball before contact. As he was trying to recover it he might have been fouled but it's an error before the potential foul.

Otis

A number of us have been saying all season that we should have brought an experienced keeper in.

RCC is better than Burge, but he still makes loads of errors.

letsallsingtogether

If we going for a new manager for next season he needs to come in this season to cast an eye over the squad.
won't be able to get rid and replace all of them so needs to see where he stands, or we will be in the same boat next season looking at sacking the manager after 10 games.
Fear the worst for our club nowhere to play and non league if we are not careful.:(

Otis

If we going for a new manager for next season he needs to come in this season to cast an eye over the squad.
won't be able to get rid and replace all of them so needs to see where he stands, or we will be in the same boat next season looking at sacking the manager after 10 games.
Fear the worst for our club nowhere to play and non league if we are not careful.:(
Yep, as I say, if Slade is going to leave us anyway and we keep losing every game then surely him being here serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

letsallsingtogether

A number of us have been saying all season that we should have brought an experienced keeper in.

RCC is better than Burge, but he still makes loads of errors.
Funny thing is if Burge had dropped the ball he would have had a new arsehole ripped by some posters on here.
I personally think Burge played quite well earlier in the season came out for crosses took command of the box yes made some mistakes but name me one keeper who doesn't? It is a shit position to play .

Otis

Aren't people having a go at RCC for his mistakes today?

Most of us weren't there. When we see the highlights and see the mistakes and see that they were glaring mistakes, then he will rightly get slaughtered.

Users who are viewing this thread