Olympic Play Off - Senegal v Oman (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

If anyone is thinking of buying tickets, if you use code LPS2012 in the school/promotion section you'll get tickets for £1.10 instead of the usual £11.

ccfcdan

Just got tickets. They say on them 'people around you may stand!'

At least the Olympics committee, or who ever makes decision, have more sense than the FA, UEFA, FIFA etc. none of this 'Health and Safety' shit!

Was thinking of going to this, not really because i want to watch the game, but because i can say i went to the 2012 olympics. Does this game count as going to the olympics though? Did you ask how many tickets had been sold?

cornoccfc

Hope you made use of the code someone shared on here. (£1.10 tickets instead of £11)

It's meant for schools and group concessions but seemingly it's a code being shared freely - it was in the email the club sent out 2/3 weeks back.

MatthewWallis

Hope you made use of the code someone shared on here. (£1.10 tickets instead of £11)

It's meant for schools and group concessions but seemingly it's a code being shared freely - it was in the email the club sent out 2/3 weeks back.

What code???

druryfire

Hi gents, i've got my ticket, in fact I purchased it before I knew who would represent the Asia as I'm a follower of the Asian game and took this gmae as an excellant opportunity to see one of the nations in action.

I'll be travelling from Scarborough on the day and I'm wondering where is the best place to park up? There seems to be plenty of choice, but as I'll be in the area a few hours before kickoff can anyone recommend a particular place to park up, stretch my legs and get a bite to eat?

I've never been to Coventry, but want to be in the area in good time, but not get bored before kickoff!

As for the game itself, well, if you haven't made your mind up about going yet, then make note; Oman have 6 players that are also part of the senior national team and have made it to the final stage of world cup qualification. It could just be that you might just see the beginning of the Omani golden generation.

What's the take up in Coventry itself? Are many people expected to turn up?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
On this subject again, has anyone else got tickets? Forgot to mention last time, but it looks like its sit where you like as ticket master tickets are just admission - no block, turnstile, stand, seat etc!?! Wouldn't fancy stewarding this one (wudnt wanna be a steward full stop tbf!)

Might see what the views like from the usual 'away' end

Covstu

looking to get some, i am not sure how it is broken down i..e home and away but i think they are all mixed!

Our away end looks the same as the telegraph stand but from the other end!

druryfire

The ticket I booked online was for Block A, which was centre of the pitch, i guess near the dugouts?? I wanted to be in the centre rather than in a corner or behind a goal, but just yesterday I received a phone which I could barely hear asking if i was ok with my ticket allocation as they wanted to cordon certain areas off.

They told me they would re-issue me another ticket or I could continue to sit where i'm already allocated. I told them i selected the area i wanted as thats the area i want to be in - cordoning off can work around me.

To be honest, I'm not expecting a big turnout, so I'm expecting i can pick my viewpoint from whereever i like, take a photo from the centre, from the end of the stadium etc.

Anyway, from what i gathered from my call is that it's obvious they haven't sold out (which i never expected) and that they would rather cram everyone into a certain section. I'd rather they just let people roam as they wanted, but then I guess this is a 'Test Match' for everyone from stewards to administrators and i guess they want to strictly control everything. It might be a nice work out for them, but to be honest, i game where i expect only a few hardy souls, i would rather like to be in that trusted position to feel free, rather than feel watched myself.

druryfire

What's everyone expecting from the match? Just a night out, or a chance to watch something completly different, but meaningful?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What's everyone expecting from the match? Just a night out, or a chance to watch something completly different, but meaningful?

As its a qualifier I imagine it will be pretty competitive. They have something to play for after all. Be good if we got to see some decent football for a change (although tbf, although I haven't seen any squads etc, I think I've only ever known of I e Oman player and that's Ali Al-Habsi)

druryfire

The Oman squad has 6 current senior internationals in their ranks ad they've made the last group stage of world cup qualfiying, so they appear to be a decent outfit.

Low scoring side though and had a bit of luck getting through with result against Qatar overturned to a win after a draw which helped them progress to the next round before this one.

I was hoping to see Uzbekistan tbh, liked the thought of an old soviet style team turning up, but in reality, i think Oman - Senegal appeals more than Uzbek - Senegal.

pusbccfc

Bolton fans have the chance to go for free! Including travel on coaches!!
Paid for from the Oman government due to their relationship with all habze!

Good morning Coventry City fans,

I see that you all are talking about tonight's Oman vs. Senegal match, and I just wanted to reach out and say that we hope you all will be able to attend and enjoy the game tonight.

Oman has never qualified for the Olympics before in men's football (nor has Senegal), so this fixture means a lot to both countries. This is actually a very exciting time in Oman football, when some of our top players are emerging internationally (such as goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi of Wigan), and we're getting great results ahead of some of our favored neighbors in the Middle East and Asia (we also qualified for the final stage AFC World Cup qualifying).

Oman is a country with all different types of people and places, but one thing you tend to find is that everybody here loves football. We know it's an honor and a privilege for the team to represent Oman in Coventry, and the whole country will be behind them tonight. Some fans we're able to get a flight to the game, but many more will be up late in the Gulf, trying to propel the lads to victory.

If you're not familiar with Oman football, hopefully this tells you a bit more about what the game means to us tonight. We hope you'll get a chance to watch the game either live or on TV, we hope you enjoy it, and if you get a chance, we hope you can send a little of your cheering support Oman's way!

Well...21-year-old striker Hussain Al Hadhri scored 8 times for Oman along the road to the Olympics so far, and he scored in our last two qualifiers (which were a 3-way playoff with Uzbekistan and Syria to advance to tonight's match). So he is definitely one to look out for.

Our excellent defender Mohammed Sheiba has had injury concerns lately, but he appears to be healthy for tonight - hopefully he will be a big part of our defensive plans against Senegal.

Goalkeeper Omer al Abri is coming off of a shutout against Uzbekistan, so hopefully he turns in another fine performance.

Thanks for asking, and I hope that helps!

Bertola

Are there any rich people in Oman who would be kind enough to buy our club?

We would all be very grateful

jabharty

I will support Oman, because this guy has had the courtesy to come on here and tell us about his team.
Looking forward to the game tonight.
Any ticket sales updates about the possible attendance?

Si80

I'm off to this, hoping for some entertaining football after Saturday's shower of shit I was subjected too :p

Sky

just a heads up lads my teacher is a steward (he's one of the few sound ones) he said safety is gonna be extremely high up the agenda and they are expected to do at least a 20 second search of everyone before they go in

Users who are viewing this thread