Olympics (2 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

What sport are you enjoying so far ? Loving the women's rugby sevens, team GB looking strong. I enjoy the weightlifting but haven't managed to see any of it yet.

Gazolba

Women's football. Saw USA beat France and Brazil beat (slaughter) Sweden. I enjoy women's football as much as mens. None of the nonsense in the men's game.

Covstu

Enjoyed with women's road race yesterday apart from the dreadful crash. Was quite enjoying the fencing also.

I do wish BBC would stop flicking channels though, sometimes you want to settle down and watch one thing but they keep flitting around everything, its really annoying.

Liquid Gold

Enjoyed with women's road race yesterday apart from the dreadful crash. Was quite enjoying the fencing also.

I do wish BBC would stop flicking channels though, sometimes you want to settle down and watch one thing but they keep flitting around everything, its really annoying.

cant you just use the red button and choose your sport?

chiefdave

Andy Murray is making a right mess of this.

Oddly only on the red button as canoeing and Fiji v Japan in the rugby are clearly bigger draws.

Bugsy

Justin rose hole in one was class...

jimmyhillsfanclub

Cycling boys (& hopefully girls) should add to the medal haul tonight.....

Wiggo has been promising a gold in the team pursuit.....and also stating than it will take a WR to win it.....

I read last week that the GB dream team had shaved over 2 seconds off the official WR in closed door training !!...

...but similar stories of super fast times from the Aussies too.....but they fluffed it in qualifying.....faded badly.

Should be a classic track final.....wonder if Cav will get the nod over Doull....hope so.....I'll be in the pub tonight cheering them on regardless.

Covstu

Cycling was excellent last night, girls with an amazing WR set the scene and the boys getting gold in the team sprint. That was one I always thought we would take Silver at best but they pulled it out of the bag.

bringbackrattles

There were some moans going around that GB weren't going to win many medals as we got off to a slow start.
We won't repeat London Olympics, but I can see us getting a decent haul of gold, silver,and bronze.

jimmyhillsfanclub

There were some moans going around that GB weren't going to win many medals as we got off to a slow start.
We won't repeat London Olympics, but I can see us getting a decent haul of gold, silver,and bronze.

I could be wrong BBR, but I'm sure I heard on the radio this morning we are actually ahead of where we were in 2012 at this stage in terms of medals.....

Hopefully we can bag a 1,2 with Katrina JT & Jess Ennis in the Heptathlon.....preferably in that order too....

bringbackrattles

I could be wrong BBR, but I'm sure I heard on the radio this morning we are actually ahead of where we were in 2012 at this stage in terms of medals.....

Hopefully we can bag a 1,2 with Katrina JT & Jess Ennis in the Heptathlon.....preferably in that order too....
I hope I'm wrong then but I'm sure I've read and heard that our London total won't/can't be reached at Rio ?

Covstu

I cannot see us getting close to the total we had in London, if we get close to Beijing then its a good games.

Otis

No doubt he will get stick for sticking his tongue out during the national anthem, but I would say to the papers in advance, lighten up!

Great ride by the team. Another gold added to the tally.

Terry Gibson's perm

For such a small nation we are doing very well , but it does show if you throw good money at things it really helps.

I guess this is potentially the last as Great Britain if Scotland bog off?

Users who are viewing this thread