Olympics (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I reckon Joe Joyce edged the boxing was on the front foot from the start. How these judges come to their decisions baffles me at times !

bringbackrattles

Absolutely bizarre. The French fella did nothing first round but was given it by two judges. Crap.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Felt sorry for Joe as he was going forward and was hurting the French boxer. There has been some dodgy decisions in a lot of bouts no wonder the Irish guy lost it and called them cheats !

Hadji10

Joyce won easy but Yoka's name was on the medal after the semi final gift he got vs the Croat, which he lost even clearer than tonight IMO.

Swings and roundabouts though, Joshua got a gift gold medal in 2012 so I suppose it evens it up.

Otis

Absolutely bizarre. The French fella did nothing first round but was given it by two judges. Crap.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I thought the French guy won the second round, but the first I thought was quite clearly Joyce.

Bizarre decision that and I know many of Joyce's punches were hitting the gloves, but they were hit with some force and were causing damage.

The French guy was wobbling on a number of occasions and his legs were all over the place.

Been a few very weird decisions in the boxing this Olympics for sure.

Otis

I have only just realised that the Turkish judge in the Joyce fight gave every single round to the Frenchman! That's just plain crazy!

I can understand one round, because he did defend very well and threw a few good jabs, but in that last round he hardly threw a punch at all and was just backing away and defending. Joyce was clearly in the ascendancy and doing all the running in that last round, throwing lots and lots of punches.

Do you score points for backing away or something?

I can see why the Frenchman may well have won it, but to give him every round? It's a nonsense.

bringbackrattles

I have only just realised that the Turkish judge in the Joyce fight gave every single round to the Frenchman! That's just plain crazy!

I can understand one round, because he did defend very well and threw a few good jabs, but in that last round he hardly threw a punch at all and was just backing away and defending. Joyce was clearly in the ascendancy and doing all the running in that last round, throwing lots and lots of punches.

Do you score points for backing away or something?

I can see why the Frenchman may well have won it, but to give him every round? It's a nonsense.
Joyce attacked while the Frenchman defended. Joyce had more shots and edged it in my opinion. Richie Woodhall ex champion also said Joe won.

Users who are viewing this thread