OMG... are you safe hun? (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Firstly, horrible that there has been another terrorist attack.

But what an overreaction on FB. I haven't worked in London for 2 years and even when I did I wouldn't be on Westminster Bridge - never, in 30 years of working there. And yet I've been asked to tag myself as safe on FB 10 times this evening . I guess it's nice in a way but a bit 'Are you safe hun?' at the same time.

dancers lance

Firstly, horrible that there has been another terrorist attack.

But what an overreaction on FB. I haven't worked in London for 2 years and even when I did I wouldn't be on Westminster Bridge - never, in 30 years of working there. And yet I've been asked to tag myself as safe on FB 10 times this evening . I guess it's nice in a way but a bit 'Are you safe hun?' at the same time.
All hope is lost.

ajsccfc

While I don't go for all the changing profile picture, like and share stuff, I think this feature is alright. There must be a lot of people who just know that a friend or relative lives or works in London without knowing much more detail than that, so when the news is filled with 'terror attack in London' it's quite handy.

Monners

My sister in law used this yesterday - she was in Southampton. I think it's called attention seeking.

200w.gif

Covstu

Indeed, it was a bit OTT. I also don't get the need of people posting more and more details about it, it then starts getting into a competition about who cares the most or who is most outraged....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's a good feature, but you do get people going over the top with it when it should be for the people in the direct area.

Having said that, I had a mate in Atlanta messaging me yesterday asking if I was ok.

fernandopartridge

I was in London yesterday, though only my colleagues and wife would have known. I didn't realise anything had happened until I was on the train home. Nevertheless, I've announced it on Twitter 150 times that I am safe, only got one 'like' so far.

Monners

I was in London yesterday, though only my colleagues and wife would have known. I didn't realise anything had happened until I was on the train home. Nevertheless, I've announced it on Twitter 150 times that I am safe, only got one 'like' so far.
Yep - I was there too, and knew about it pretty soon after it happened, and everyone was calm and just getting on with things. If you look at the news channels and social media you would think everyone was and still is in a blind panic.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nobody cared about me.
Mind you, I was safe at home!
On the Isle of Wight.

ccfc92

My sister in law used this yesterday - she was in Southampton. I think it's called attention seeking.

200w.gif

See, I think the marking safe things is good.

But this sort of thing really pisses me off. I had a few people on my Facebook mark themselves as safe, one lives in/was on Portland :shifty:

trevelfarandwide

Thank you for caring sweetie! I'm fine! x x :emoji_grin:
ALL ABOUT YOU INNIT?!?! WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

Anyway, its a sign of the times when people think I'm odd because i steer clear of the conventional outlets of social media...clearly I'm missing out on so much falseness on FB, I should sign up today.

Users who are viewing this thread