On this day - (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

On this day 1984 @Coventry_City get 3 vital points as Fergie and Platnauer score in a 2-1 home win over Forest,City still battle relegation -
C9nBgDoXsAApyIE.jpg

Bob Latchford

On this day 1982 @Coventry_City 1 West Ham 0 A Mark Hateley goal gives City the points,City field 10 homegrown players in the 12.-
C9nBAuNXgAE6kZ1.jpg
C9nA6OfWsAADbj4.jpg

bringbackrattles

On this day 1984 @Coventry_City get 3 vital points as Fergie and Platnauer score in a 2-1 home win over Forest,City still battle relegation -
C9nBgDoXsAApyIE.jpg
Off thread a little but if you could go back in time and watch one league game again and not the Wolves 51,000 record match,what would it be ?
For me I'd go for when we won the Third Division title by beating Colchester 1-0 with the Huds goal.

Bob Latchford

On this day 1976 @Coventry_City 3 Wolves 1 Alan Green with a hat trick on last home game of the season
C9m_j1dWsAER9qb.jpg
-
C9m_dXfWsAEbNlo.jpg

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Off thread a little but if you could go back in time and watch one league game again and not the Wolves 51,000 record match,what would it be ?
For me I'd go for when we won the Third Division title by beating Colchester 1-0 with the Huds goal.
There are just too many to mention . however , that Everton game on the final day stands out for me . superb result , weather , atmosphere .

wingy

There are just too many to mention . however , that Everton game on the final day stands out for me . superb result , weather , atmosphere .
On a Sunday.
Why was that?
Interesting to note the crowd level in those three games.
The pink a mere 12p

Bob Latchford

On a Sunday.
Why was that?
The pink a mere 12p
Think it's just that all final day games finished on a Sunday then .

torchomatic

On a Sunday.
Why was that?
The pink a mere 12p

That was the only ever game my late Mom went to. Brilliant day.

Bob Latchford

Wondered if it was something to do with Everton playing in the week
Europe or something, Internationals etc.
Recall Sharp and Gray being rested due to Scotland commitments.
Bonus!!
That does ring a bell . you may well be right . there was talk after Norwich played their game on the Saturday [ I think ] some of their fans would come to H/R to watch our game . not sure they'd have got tickets though .

Ranjit Bhurpa

On a Sunday.
Why was that?
The pink a mere 12p
I think we were left with a fixture pile up Wingy, sure we had 3 games left when most other clubs had completed their fixtures. We played Stoke on a Friday night, then Luton on the Tuesday or Wednesday night and Everton on the Sunday.

Bob Latchford

Fergie was on loan to us from brum iirc.
He actually scored the goal that sent his parent club down.
He did indeed. a bizarre decision by Brum to allow him to be loaned to their rivals.

oscillatewildly

On this day 1976 @Coventry_City 3 Wolves 1 Alan Green with a hat trick on last home game of the season
C9m_j1dWsAER9qb.jpg
-
C9m_dXfWsAEbNlo.jpg
Little Alan Green's hat trick should have been my abiding memory of this fixture. Not a chance - I remember the trek across GG to HR with Mum, Dad and younger brother and a group of twenty or so Wolves fans making their way in the same direction only about 30 metres away from us. Not a hint of trouble but I'll never forget the two large breasted biker type chicks in tight tshirts that were in their group.
It served as a 'coming of age' type experience for the almost 10 yr old me.
I always used to look forward to our fixtures with Wolves after that but they strangely never fulfilled the excitement of this one.

bringbackrattles

I remember going to Wolves in the 70's for a big Cup match think it was quarter final ? We took about 15,000 and we were well up for the win. We were poor though and Richards scored early if I recall and we lost.
But going to Molineux was always a good day out !

oscillatewildly

I remember going to Wolves in the 70's for a big Cup match think it was quarter final ? We took about 15,000 and we were well up for the win. We were poor though and Richards scored early if I recall and we lost.
Too young for that game but went a couple of times in the early '80's. That South bank was a huge terrace. I remember their 'Subway army' were well and truly up and running by this time.

Ranjit Bhurpa

There's 25 minutes of highlights from that game in the CCFC Clips & Videos section BBR.

Bob Latchford

A good day out but , you had to be on your toes by the ground .

Users who are viewing this thread