One year-old girl horrifically burned after putting hands on metal skateboard ramp at play park duri (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hope the little girl is ok, not sure what the mum's problem is. It's metal so will get hot, keep an eye on the kid.

It's the same as touching the bonnet of a car etc

ccfc92

Hope the little girl is ok, not sure what the mum's problem is. It's metal so will get hot, keep an eye on the kid.

It's the same as touching the bonnet of a car etc

Exactly.

One comment on that page is funny and sums it up perfectly: "Mother should have been watching her child. What exactly is she blaming for this? The fact that metal conducts heat well? The fact that metal has a high heat capacity? The fact that the sun heats things up?"

Nick

Administrator
Exactly.

One comment on that page is funny and sums it up perfectly: "Mother should have been watching her child. What exactly is she blaming for this? The fact that metal conducts heat well? The fact that metal has a high heat capacity? The fact that the sun heats things up?"
never understand why people kick off about accidents like that, where their own common sense could prevent it.

Otis

Yep, agree with both conclusions and when my little un was a toddler I was never more than a few inches from her at any given time, always having my eye on her at all times, everywhere we went. Never let her walk off anywhere at all, not even a couple of yards or so.

Common sense really. We all know metal gets hot in high temperatures. Surely everyone has sat on a slide at a playground and found it too hot.

Simple common sense really.

Covstu

I hate things like this!
1) look at the size of the ramp, it is clearly designed for older children so why was a 1 year old allowed to go near it
2) what was the 3 year old doing near it!
3) who makes ramps out of rubber!

Bet the claim has already gone in!

Users who are viewing this thread