Open top bus parade (1 Viewer)

Otis

I see the CT are talking about it as an option.

That has to be a firm no surely?

I would be totally against it. Yep, it's a cup, but I really don't think it warrants it.

A meet the players event might be a good idea though. Have your photo taken with the cup for the kids, that sort of thing.

I think I would be embarrassed by an open top bus parade. Needs to be more low key.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

No

Winning this should not been seen as an achievement in the nicest sense!

It should be used as a yardstick of where we do not want to be!

We should have the ambition to not be in this competition. (We should be above it as such before anyone says we won't be when we are in the conference!) : )

pusbccfc

Would be happy to have another march through the city against SISU.

stupot07

Its a no for me. Enjoy the day but parading for that tinpot cup and with all likelihood being relegated would just be embarrassing.

And it looks as though wasps will win their league, I'm sure they'd do one and do it better just to piss on our chips.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Astute

Its a no for me. Enjoy the day but parading for that tinpot cup and with all likelihood being relegated would just be embarrassing.

And it looks as though wasps will win their league, I'm sure they'd do one and do it better just to piss on our chips.
Didn't know that Wasps were doing any good.

Right. Open top bus parade for us winning the tinpot. Get everyone to turn up for it. Hope Wasps do the same. Can't see that many turning up for theirs. That would show everyone that we are still a football city and don't think much of the gypsies that chuck an odd shape ball around.

wingy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think that's the reason we should do it, although I get your point Stu.
I reckon they'll slip up.

Philosorapter

Its not a major sporting event. If the competition was open to everyone to compete then yes. This is why the pyramid league system and FA Cup works and should be celebrated.

Philosorapter

A reception would be good but a parade is something else.

skybluetony176

Sod it. The bus has been locked up in the museum for too long. Blow of the cobwebs, bleed the brakes and get it out. Just don't give Tim a ticket.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

When we are in the midland combination division you'll all dream of the days we played in the final of the Checkatrade trophey, and resent turning your noses up at an open top bus tour whilst the rugby team that conspired to pinch the Ricoh had their own!

Philosorapter

When we are in the midland combination division you'll all dream of the days we played in the final of the Checkatrade trophey, and resent turning your noses up at an open top bus tour whilst the rugby team that conspired to pinch the Ricoh had their own!

I'm sure they would find a spot in High Wycombe.

jordan210

If we are going to have an open top bus.

Can we also have a new version of Shooting to win ? Sung by the players

rob9872

I think we should get rid of Lady Godiva and replace with a statue of Slade too.

Otis

If you put Fisher on the top deck Coventry has many sniper vantage opportunities along the route.

I wouldn't ever advocate such a thing, but if you go to the top of the tower in the old cathedral you have an 8 second window, at a 7° angle, 151.67m away from the target, as the bus would turn right into Earl Street.

Apparently.

AStonesThrow

If you put Fisher on the top deck Coventry has many sniper vantage opportunities along the route.

I wouldn't ever advocate such a thing, but if you go to the top of the tower in the old cathedral you have an 8 second window, at a 7° angle, 151.67m away from the target, as the bus would turn right into Earl Street.

Apparently.
Morning Mr Harvey oswald

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

An open top bus parade like 87 is over the top but it would be nice to get everyone together to celebrate. Given that its not the last match of the season something on a match day? Its legends day on April 8th that could work. Maybe see if we can get the bus up there and let people get a picture with the trophy.

Guess for the players it would have to be pre-match. You'd need to make sure whatever it was didn't impact the game but you can't really schedule something like a lap of honour for the end of the game as we'll probably be losing and everyone will have gone home!

Users who are viewing this thread