Orange order march in Coventry right now (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Friends in England, May is now forming a government with the help of the Democratic Unionist Party (the 'democratic' bit of the name is a hilarious joke - those guys). You may not be familiar with these fellows, so as a public service, let me introduce you to them as we muddle through this historic day...

By way of general introduction, the DUP are anti-equal marriage, anti-choice and pro-Brexit. The party was founded by Ian Paisley Snr and has a strong Presbyterian backbone (and we know how much fun those guys are!). But let's meet some of the individuals...

Jeffrey Donaldson - worked as constituency agent for Enoch Powell. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Sammy "I don't care if [gays] are ratepayers. As far as I am concerned they are perverts" Wilson. Doesn't believe in man made climate change. Basically, he is our very own Trump. But deeper orange. He described women who breastfed in the House of Commons as exhibitionists.

Gregory Campbell thinks he is hilarious in mocking the Irish language in a sort of 1970s sitcom style. OK, probably most of you won't give a shite about that, but it annoyed me!

Emma Pengelly. She opposes the extension of the 1967 Act to NI and supports the criminalisation of women who seek terminations in NI. She is a treat.

David Simpson. A creationist. Ffs. This twat even used the tired "Adam and Steve" quote in the House of Commons during the debate on equal marriage (which he voted against, of course).

Ian Paisley Jr. He doesn't hate gay people, just what they do.

Paul Girvan. A chap more than happy to allow the Irish flag to be burnt atop bonfires on the inglorious 11th. He is also a big fan on conscience clauses, ie, statutory protection for discrimination on religious grounds.

Jim Shannon. The Stella Artois of the gang. In 2015, Jim claimed £205,798 in expenses. Excluding travel. Apparently, he is just really busy. Also thought that the marriage equality bill (as was) might lead to a "chilling effect on free speech". He is concerned to protect religious freedom, which in and of itself is not an issue, but what the DUP actually wants for religious rights to prevail over others.

I think that probably gives you a flavour. As of 12.30pm today, these people have a place at the table on the decisions affecting your lives. Glad you are finally joining us!

clint van damme

Friends in England, May is now forming a government with the help of the Democratic Unionist Party (the 'democratic' bit of the name is a hilarious joke - those guys). You may not be familiar with these fellows, so as a public service, let me introduce you to them as we muddle through this historic day...

By way of general introduction, the DUP are anti-equal marriage, anti-choice and pro-Brexit. The party was founded by Ian Paisley Snr and has a strong Presbyterian backbone (and we know how much fun those guys are!). But let's meet some of the individuals...

Jeffrey Donaldson - worked as constituency agent for Enoch Powell. I don't think I need to say anything else.

Sammy "I don't care if [gays] are ratepayers. As far as I am concerned they are perverts" Wilson. Doesn't believe in man made climate change. Basically, he is our very own Trump. But deeper orange. He described women who breastfed in the House of Commons as exhibitionists.

Gregory Campbell thinks he is hilarious in mocking the Irish language in a sort of 1970s sitcom style. OK, probably most of you won't give a shite about that, but it annoyed me!

Emma Pengelly. She opposes the extension of the 1967 Act to NI and supports the criminalisation of women who seek terminations in NI. She is a treat.

David Simpson. A creationist. Ffs. This twat even used the tired "Adam and Steve" quote in the House of Commons during the debate on equal marriage (which he voted against, of course).

Ian Paisley Jr. He doesn't hate gay people, just what they do.

Paul Girvan. A chap more than happy to allow the Irish flag to be burnt atop bonfires on the inglorious 11th. He is also a big fan on conscience clauses, ie, statutory protection for discrimination on religious grounds.

Jim Shannon. The Stella Artois of the gang. In 2015, Jim claimed £205,798 in expenses. Excluding travel. Apparently, he is just really busy. Also thought that the marriage equality bill (as was) might lead to a "chilling effect on free speech". He is concerned to protect religious freedom, which in and of itself is not an issue, but what the DUP actually wants for religious rights to prevail over others.

I think that probably gives you a flavour. As of 12.30pm today, these people have a place at the table on the decisions affecting your lives. Glad you are finally joining us!

They're a bunch of cunts Pete, but chill out and have a beer, ignore them, and let march round in their ill fitting polyester to their hearts content.

lifeskyblue

What victory? What war. Oh yes one so long ago I wonder how much they know of battle of the Boyne, William of orange or why James II became so unpopular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

What's the difference between letting these mad fundamentalists march round and letting Abu Hamsa have a rally.

What a moronic thing to say. Go and say that to the victims of the latest atrocity you ignorant twat.

Grendel

You're really get into this DUP thing, I see.

You do realise that the Labour Party allied themselves to the UDP in the 70's to keep themselves in power? As far as I'm aware they also haven't ever encouraging terrorist acts in England.

clint van damme

What's the difference between letting these mad fund
You do realise that the Labour Party allied themselves to the UDP in the 70's to keep themselves in power? As far as I'm aware they also haven't ever encouraging terrorist acts in England.

correct. But can't understand why you're so obsessed with the 70s and 80s and have so little regard for what's going on now.

And they will be propping up a UK government, and they have definitely supported terrorist acts on UK soil.

Grendel

correct. But can't understand why you're so obsessed with the 70s and 80s and have so little regard for what's going on now.

And they will be propping up a UK government, and they have definitely supported terrorist acts on UK soil.

I said England and it depends on definition of terrorism.

I'm not obsessed at all but I suspect that these alliance would be justified if it was to secure the "correct" result.

Pete made some comment that some Ulster unionist was associated with Enoch Powell. That's odd as mr Corbyns inspiration Anthony Wedgewood Benn and Michael Foot considered Enoch Powell a friend and ally

clint van damme

Which thread are we on now? I was Abbott to ask, but..... ;)

it smacks of English arrogance to only talk of terrorism only commited on English soil, this is a wider issue.
It suggests a certain amount of ambivalence towards other parts of the UK, though I'm sure that wasn't Grendels intention.

Grendel

it smacks of English arrogance to only talk of terrorism only commited on English soil, this is a wider issue.
It suggests a certain amount of ambivalence towards other parts of the UK, though I'm sure that wasn't Grendels intention.

At the height of such "terrorism" the people who inspired mr Corbyn backed them to the hilt

Astute

And a very British thing to find fault with what you disagree with or not involved with. Otherwise fair game.

SkyblueBazza

At the height of such "terrorism" the people who inspired mr Corbyn backed them to the hilt
So you are happy for our Gov't to be oh so closely allied to these people?

Given recent events & recent threads & comments about supporting Terrorists...these people aren't just in out Parliament - they can now easily have a disproportionate influence on policy
46e49c5b4d335ddd0ff53a5afcf14b81.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Surely for every terrorist their is a freedom fighter?

So isn't it commendable the Government is supporting freedom fighters?

Grendel

So you are happy for our Gov't to be oh so closely allied to these people?

Given recent events & recent threads & comments about supporting Terrorists...these people aren't just in out Parliament - they can now easily have a disproportionate influence on policy
46e49c5b4d335ddd0ff53a5afcf14b81.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Freedom fighters I guess.

Astute

I said England and it depends on definition of terrorism.

I'm not obsessed at all but I suspect that these alliance would be justified if it was to secure the "correct" result.

Pete made some comment that some Ulster unionist was associated with Enoch Powell. That's odd as mr Corbyns inspiration Anthony Wedgewood Benn and Michael Foot considered Enoch Powell a friend and ally
Unblocked messages to see what Monners was saying. Not surprised in the slightest.

Terrorism is wrong. Full stop. Innocent people get maimed and murdered. I don't give a fuck about excuses. Because there isn't any. Bliar was wrong to send the troops in. But murdering innocent people on either side doesn't make anything right.

clint van damme

Unblocked messages to see what Monners was saying. Not surprised in the slightest.

Terrorism is wrong. Full stop. Innocent people get maimed and murdered. I don't give a fuck about excuses. Because there isn't any. Bliar was wrong to send the troops in. But murdering innocent people on either side doesn't make anything right.

unblocked messages? From who? I've had a few so forgive me for being a bit slow on the uptake.

Astute

unblocked messages? From who? I've had a few so forgive me for being a bit slow on the uptake.
Blocked Grendel ages ago. Had enough after several years of his bullshit. Bit it doesn't even show what people quote from him. You are left without a clue when someone keeps quoting him.

clint van damme

Blocked Grendel ages ago. Had enough after several years of his bullshit. Bit it doesn't even show what people quote from him. You are left without a clue when someone keeps quoting him.

why would anyone block people? Can't get my head round that. Unless they're blocking me, totally understandable!

Users who are viewing this thread