OSX Yosemite (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Has anybody on here got a Mac and upgraded? I am a bit unsure as to whether I should or not?

stupot07

Someone at work's upgraded and they love it too. My MacBooks too old (2006) so I don't want to risk upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ajsccfc

Watch out if you do, a lot of people at work upgrading to it from Mavericks are having trouble with their Wi-fi connection dropping in and out, which is a pretty widespread complaint by the looks of it. Apparently as a new install it's fine, but the upgrade is a gamble.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I had a mac once. I upgraded to a duffel coat. :whistle:

Nookster

Hi Nick,

I use Yosemite all the time, I like it as an upgrade from Mavericks, I feel things are snappier, including safari which is a plus for me. If you are unsure on whether you want to make the plunge, you can always partition off some of your free hard drive space and do an install to there so you can test it before you change over - That way you have all your files and stuff still backed up. There are some people who have experienced problems as the apple forums are full of people with problems - but aren't they always?

I have had no problems, and all the apps I use regularly (photoshop etc etc) have had no problem with the upgrade.

If you want to partition the drive to try it first, you may need to convert it to an ISO and burn it first before it will let you install (you can also use this method for a fresh install), if so, you can find instructions on the blog on the site on my signature (cv pc repair) I wrote an article on this topic a week or so ago.

Hope it helps

jon92

Abit off topic but to do with apple.

What do people think of there iMacs with 5k display? Abit over the top I think.

Nookster

I am a bit of an apple fanboy haha, I love all the imacs, the 5k is over the top for most everyday use - sure, but if you can afford it, it's great. It's more for video editing bet it is crystal clear, but probably real power hungry ;-)

im-confused

The only major difference I have found is the search option (spotlight). It now searches wiki pages, and other internet sites, has a different looking window, and overall has a different feel to it.

jon92

I am a bit of an apple fanboy haha, I love all the imacs, the 5k is over the top for most everyday use - sure, but if you can afford it, it's great. It's more for video editing bet it is crystal clear, but probably real power hungry ;-)

Maybe good for video editing but tried editing in 4k before and that was effort

Users who are viewing this thread