Our Social Media Channels... (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I have to say, I think our Social Media has increased considerably in the past few months. It's more regular, seems to answer more swiftly and actually looks like someone is doing a decent job behind the scenes.

Fair play to whoever is now in charge of it. With that and the positive feedback I've seen about the kit-launch event, at least we seem to be 'righting some wrongs' off the pitch.

Fair play to those involved (not you Fisher, sit down)....

steve82

I have to say, I think our Social Media has increased considerably in the past few months. It's more regular, seems to answer more swiftly and actually looks like someone is doing a decent job behind the scenes.

Fair play to whoever is now in charge of it. With that and the positive feedback I've seen about the kit-launch event, at least we seem to be 'righting some wrongs' off the pitch.

Just hope the person doing the twitter is over 18 as they will undoubtedly get loads of abuse from time to time when the locals get upset about something like a unheard of player signing or someone stepping up in there careers.

All seems better tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

I agree with that and said it on another thread too. Not enough to forgive or compensate for the last few years but I at least feel like I'm following a football club again.

Nick

Administrator
its got better. they need to aim for level of US sports teams. they have great social media.

Would we need to start wooping?

giphy.gif

One thing I would say is get more videos of behind the scenes, make it so fans can get to know the players a bit more. Probably struggle for time but nip out and get a couple of players to have a skill competition or something.

covcity4life

yeah should be loads of videos and interviews. can make them fun interviews not motd style.

i think the job came up 2 years ago, i really wanted to do it as i like editing videos etc but the pay was 15k or something

steve82

Would we need to start wooping?

giphy.gif

One thing I would say is get more videos of behind the scenes, make it so fans can get to know the players a bit more. Probably struggle for time but nip out and get a couple of players to have a skill competition or something.

From my point of view they need to interact/post stuff for the younger fans with Instagram, twitter, YouTube.... etc.

Chelsea, Utd, city.... the premier league is rammed down your throats on sky sports so the club needs to connect with the youth, fans of the next 50+ years.

Us as Dads, Grandads, the mums out there can try by buying a shirt or calendar but the kids need captivating by the club.

Printable posters, teams pictures for their bedroom walls like when we brought shoot or match magazine years ago. Something so simple they could do via social media as opposed to a pull out picture from the programme. My sons not interested in a comment from the captain or chairprick so don't buy the programmes and Joe Coles looking dated now so he needs new pictures of his favourites.

I really tried hard to fuel his love for the club and it paid off thankfully.

covcity4life

great ideas steve

we can copy from others to

do our own soccer am style crossbar challenge
do a bbc fa cup style captain introduces the squad before start of season video
do a top gear style time challenge without the cars obviously,any sort of competition be fun actually.
get players drop season tickets off to fans, film it.

CCFC_Charlie

They should definitely be doing all they possibly can to engage younger fans on social media sites. Perhaps do some fun stuff with the players like player FIFA tournaments or quizzes or just general stuff like that. It'll go over the heads of most posters on this forum but the kids will love stuff like that.

steve82

great ideas steve

we can copy from others to

do our own soccer am style crossbar challenge
do a bbc fa cup style captain introduces the squad before start of season video
do a top gear style time challenge without the cars obviously,any sort of competition be fun actually.
get players drop season tickets off to fans, film it.

We differ on some minor footballing matters but I 100% agree with you and them ideas.

Something so simple just a camera needed and someone to operate it and like you say a soccer am style theme on on few things posted via you tube is a huge increase in interest and knowledge on the city's players.
Know your team mate, silly jokes and story's it's endless but the kids will love it. Only needs to be 5 mins here and there.

It's been years since CCFC did soccer am crossbar challenge. Imagine jimmy Bullard coming doing you know the drill... my son would love shit like that and I say others too.

We should put this too the club really, it needs to happen. We've just pulled the best following in decades with kids wearing the colours. Need to keep them.

Adge

Yes the social media has really improved over the last month or 2. Even I got a reply the other day! Mind you, anyone was an improvement in the abysmal Laura Hunter. What was it again-head of communication? Yeah right.........:mad:

covcity4life

Yes the social media has really improved over the last month or 2. Even I got a reply the other day! Mind you, anyone was an improvement in the abysmal Laura Hunter. What was it again-head of communication? Yeah right.........:mad:

yeah she wasnt great, yet anyone who said so was a women hater apparently lol

Skybluefaz

Possibly a fella called Billie Marshall now, says he's our media executive on his Twitter bio.

ajsccfc

I assumed Billie was a girl from the spelling, never seen it spelt that way for a man before.

Agree about the social media, a more open human side to any part of the club can really work wonders and it doesn't take much either.

PurpleBin

I work for a company hot on social media. We have around 160k 'fans' across the three main platforms. We get sales enquiries, technical enquiries, returns advice etc and we aim to respond to all with 5 minutes. These days everyone want's everything...now. If you leave it more than 15 minutes you'll start getting the '?' messages which, as anyone will tell you who has worked this side of it are VERY annoying. Oh and we get these every day, all hours...so rude but part and parcel of being customer facing...doesn't make it right though!

Esoterica

I work for a company hot on social media. We have around 160k 'fans' across the three main platforms. We get sales enquiries, technical enquiries, returns advice etc and we aim to respond to all with 5 minutes. These days everyone want's everything...now. If you leave it more than 15 minutes you'll start getting the '?' messages which, as anyone will tell you who has worked this side of it are VERY annoying. Oh and we get these every day, all hours...so rude but part and parcel of being customer facing...doesn't make it right though!
?!

steve82

We he's shit.... kept you waiting for over 45 mins for a response!!

covcity4life

?

steve82

I see what you did there! PS - I don't deal with our social media channels.

Not surprised given the length of time it took to respond!! Irate customers all over the shop!
Joke over...

Winny the Bish

Billie Marshall was just made Press Officer, which is different from Laura Hunter's old job in nothing but name. Might mean that she was let go by the club, rather than it being her decision.

singers_pore

The club should introduce an app. That way everything is in one place rather than scattered around on lots of different social media platforms.

Users who are viewing this thread