Oxford have singing section (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

shame we didn't incorporate the same idea.

looking on twitter , they only sold 5,000 on general sale this morning and they haven't even opened the top tier yet

20k against our 40k hopefully gives our boys a morale boost

Nick

Administrator
Better odds on hammering their firm too.

article-0-04C284800000044D-405_468x315.jpg

MatthewWallis

Think singing sections are a shit idea. More so when people can only get tickets in the top tier due to not having a season ticket e.t.c. Why limit the atmosphere to one section of the crowd?

The Lurker

Think singing sections are a shit idea. More so when people can only get tickets in the top tier due to not having a season ticket e.t.c. Why limit the atmosphere to one section of the crowd?

How would it limit the atmosphere?

like the naughty corner at the ricoh, it generates the most atmosphere. if the same fans had its own sections it would generate the atmosphere and the rest of the ccfc fans could join in. when we're away and only 500 are present we make more noise then we do when 2,000 go.

Essexrobbie

That's the whole point of a singing section, the noise they generate gets the rest of the crowd around them going and it spreads out into one coherent noise. You can sing as load and long as you like but if your surrounded by a large group who cant or wont sing , it will get very frustrating. Oxford could well out sing us in fact if they have a singing section of just a few thousand they probably will.

CJ_covblaze

shame we didn't incorporate the same idea.

looking on twitter , they only sold 5,000 on general sale this morning and they haven't even opened the top tier yet

20k against our 40k hopefully gives our boys a morale boost

From looking at their seat map the lower is pretty much sold out. A few dotted around but most are singles. They'll be opening the upper soon.

KG7

Nothing worse than a club designating a singing section. The beauty of the terrace chant is the wit and spontaneity. For a club to think that they can harness and organise that is as soulless than a prawn sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

Nothing worse than a club designating a singing section. The beauty of the terrace chant is the wit and spontaneity. For a club to think that they can harness and organise that is as soulless than a prawn sandwich.

You are aware this is the year 2017, aren't you? The "wit & spontaneity" was a thing of a bygone age. The 'atmosphere' we generate from 10,000 for a home fixture at Ricoh is abysmal, and please don't trot out the "When they (players) give us something to shout and cheer about we'll do it", line. You just wait to see how prolonged the silence from 40,000 city fans will be at Wembley, punctuated only and occasionally by that one song.
Truth may hurt sometimes, but we just don't do decent vocal support and for that matter far from decrying the 'initiative' of designated singing areas I would encourage it to the max. Unless you prefer to watch your footy in silence, interrupted occasionally with tutting only of course.

Essexrobbie

I would agree with you if the terraces behind the goals were standing only and people were packed in shoulder to shoulder which helps create its own atmosphere.. I've been to countless internationals in the old wembley before it was changed to an all seater, I was lucky enough to be there the twice in 87, believe me when I say the new wembley is nothing like the old for atmosphere. With its comfy pullman type seats in the top tier you're spread out from your neighbour and if your the only one singing within a section all the wit and spontaneity you may posses will float away unheard by anybody in the next two rows. There's going to be thousands of city people there who are just out for the day site seeing and nothing else, especially if the game lacks excitement. They will be talking to their friends around them about the good old days and wont give a toss about the wit and terrace chants that are sporadically trying to get started around the vast area behind the goal. If City ever get back to Wembley, the true fans WILL insist on a singing area next time , trust me.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Think some people are in for a shock.

Take the recent England v Scotland game, which obviously is a game with an edge to it (more than City vs Oxford) and two sets of fans who can make some noise...the atmosphere was at best stifled, the middle Club Wembley tier separates and disjoints the atmoshphere from the top tier and lower tier. From where I was I could see the opposite end of the ground were chanting, but just couldn't hear it. There was no atmosphere in upper tier at all I'm afraid.

Now taking this into account - our bottom tier will be 1/6 season ticket holders and 5/6 Man Utd fans/day trippers that have gone as part of the allocation... I don't have any doubts the atmosphere will be flat at the final. Really hope I'm proved wrong but Wembley is a hard enough place to get an atmosphere going without having day trippers all in the bottom tier. Will be just like Tottenham or Arsenal away (the first one 6-1) a few years ago when it was just 5k stood in silence.

CJ_covblaze

Think some people are in for a shock.

Take the recent England v Scotland game, which obviously is a game with an edge to it (more than City vs Oxford) and two sets of fans who can make some noise...the atmosphere was at best stifled, the middle Club Wembley tier separates and disjoints the atmoshphere from the top tier and lower tier. From where I was I could see the opposite end of the ground were chanting, but just couldn't hear it. There was no atmosphere in upper tier at all I'm afraid.

Now taking this into account - our bottom tier will be 1/6 season ticket holders and 5/6 Man Utd fans/day trippers that have gone as part of the allocation... I don't have any doubts the atmosphere will be flat at the final. Really hope I'm proved wrong but Wembley is a hard enough place to get an atmosphere going without having day trippers all in the bottom tier. Will be just like Tottenham or Arsenal away (the first one 6-1) a few years ago when it was just 5k stood in silence.

Agree. What makes it worse is the two recent Scotland games have produced the best atmosphere we've had for years bar the odd blip. For example when Rooney broke Charlton's record it was good for a few minutes.

There's been some somber moments where I've been proud to be there though. The way how the FA dealt with the aftermath of the attacks in Brussels and Paris & the applause on 17 minutes for Cruyff was excellent and fitting tributes. Won't ever forget them.

KG7

You are aware this is the year 2017, aren't you? The "wit & spontaneity" was a thing of a bygone age. The 'atmosphere' we generate from 10,000 for a home fixture at Ricoh is abysmal, and please don't trot out the "When they (players) give us something to shout and cheer about we'll do it", line. You just wait to see how prolonged the silence from 40,000 city fans will be at Wembley, punctuated only and occasionally by that one song.
Truth may hurt sometimes, but we just don't do decent vocal support and for that matter far from decrying the 'initiative' of designated singing areas I would encourage it to the max. Unless you prefer to watch your footy in silence, interrupted occasionally with tutting only of course.

Agree with the first paragraph...

Users who are viewing this thread