Parenting can be so rewarding (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

But can be so frustrating also

My daughter is 12 but at the moment full off attitude mainly directed at me.

I understand that she's finding her way in the world, but no matter what I do or ask I get a load of cheek
Ironically enough teachers, friends and relatives always comment on how well mannered she is for them

Moff

I understand that she's finding her way in the world, but no matter what I do or ask I get a load of cheek
Ironically enough teachers, friends and relatives always comment on how well mannered she is for them

I have an 11 year old daughter, and I share your pain ....... but....... my fifteen year old son has just started year 11, GCSE year, and is at another level.

Onwards and upwards, they eventually will grow up ;)

eastwoodsdustman

The last time parentling was rewarding for me was about 10 years ago. Kids are now 14 and 16 and have attitude in spades. I just play them at their own game now with attitude and one word answers. At least I get a bit of self satisfaction from it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I sound dead old, but I'd never have spoke to my dad with attitude the way my daughter speaks to me

I was too frightened of getting a slap

Terry Gibson's perm

My daughter who is nine and has downs has become quite withdrawn and it's really difficult as she doesn't have the vocabulary to tell us why, not sure if it's because we are selling our house or if it is a school issue or just that she is growing up and becoming a moody older girl. My five year old boy is really grinding my gears at the moment can be lovely and then a little shit two minutes later.

mrtrench

I had teenage issues with both of my daughters but they come out of it - both are now lovely young women.

Otis

Bingo!

Mine is 12 too and the same thing. I let her have her say, but don't let her answer back with attitude.

She gives me any lip and I take something off her as a punishment for a few days (phone, tablet, console, laptop etc.)

She is very argumentative and the spit of my sister-in-law and brother. Exactly the same retorts and know it all attitude.

She always says sorry though and everyone else says how wonderful she is. Teachers and neighbours and drama principals etc. all say just how lovely she is.

She was away filming last week and everyone on set absolutely adored her. She always ends up as everyone's favourite.

As a parent of course, that makes it doubly frustrating.

Covstu

My eldest was 6 yesterday, she had a great day and spoilt rotten as they are at that age. My youngest is 3 next month, both very different!

Users who are viewing this thread