Pearce bid for Wilson (1 Viewer)

Godiva

Opening bid £3m ...

Speedies_Chips

We might as well sell him. After all, he won't be effective without a decent strike partner to take some of the load off, and the current regime aren't going to provide us with anybody like that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We might as well sell him. After all, he won't be effective without a decent strike partner to take some of the load off, and the current regime aren't going to provide us with anybody like that.

Yeah....You'd never see our current regime get loans or free agents like Mcgoldrick or Clarke in....let them serve the club well & then move them on...in Clarkes case, for a nice profit....

That'd would never happen...

jimmyhillsfanclub

sisu or no sisu....If its anywhere near £3m then its a very good price for a lad whos only had 1 good season in the 3rd tier...

...just saying...:whistle:

runner

He's gone then ... we will struggle next year to stay in this league thought without him ... we will be weaker next year than this what with the FFP rules and the squad ever diminishing, Christie, Clarke and Callum gone, not to mention Moussa going ?

KersleyDigs

Our biggest problem is that no decent players want to come to us. Clueless owners, always losing our best players playing at Sixfields etc. Even if we sold Callum for 3m and could spend it, who would actually want to come? You wouldn't get any quality players with ambition in our situation!

skybluearmy88

Hate sisu but if we do sell him then I have to say they have gone the right way about it for once. Got him signing a new deal and playing it down in the media. All of which would bump up his price tag. That said I doubt Presley would see any money for replacements.

AndreasB

Consideration by the few loyal fans to whether to buy season tickets for Sixfields for next year perhaps ?

As I feel at the moment it's Ricoh for me next year or nothing.
I feel powerless to influence anything whilst the owners don't seem to want to share their plan.

Loyalty runs a bit deeper than that mate. We would be selling Wilson if we were at the Ricoh so nothing to do with Sixfields - except giving the likes of you a handy excuse for not supporting the team.

turlykerd

Fact is, we have/had 2 of the top strikers in the division and prob finish in the bottom 6... I would love to keep him, but its as likely as city playing the first game of next season in Coventry...

I wouldn't blame the kid for moving...and fair play to him...if it wasn't for his goals we would be relegated for sure

PUSB

The Gentleman

Yeah....You'd never see our current regime get loans or free agents like Mcgoldrick or Clarke in....let them serve the club well & then move them on...in Clarkes case, for a nice profit....

That'd would never happen...

We have been told that Waggot/Pressley are responsible for transfers so based on that current regime (who were not responsible for either striker you mention) and going by what this current regime have signed then you'll probably never see the likes of those two anyway and I can see Sisu/Otium biting someones hand off for £3 million for Callum.

The Gentleman

Hate sisu but if we do sell him then I have to say they have gone the right way about it for once. Got him signing a new deal and playing it down in the media. All of which would bump up his price tag. That said I doubt Presley would see any money for replacements.

If that's Sisu going about it the right way then why not get Christie, Moussa and Murphy signed so we can make a few quid on them too?

skybluearmy88

If that's Sisu going about it the right way then why not get Christie, Moussa and Murphy signed so we can make a few quid on them too?
I couldn't answer that cause I'm not a member of the club. But I would have thought it would have made sense although I'm not sure there would be such demand for the players mentioned if they were looking for an offer based around there actual values as they would only be considered average players at this level. Wilson on the other hand is hot property so teams are more likely to be willing to pay a higher price.

The Gentleman

I couldn't answer that cause I'm not a member of the club. But I would have thought it would have made sense although I'm not sure there would be such demand for the players mentioned if they were looking for an offer based around there actual values as they would only be considered average players at this level. Wilson on the other hand is hot property so teams are more likely to be willing to pay a higher price.

All three that I mentioned would be more than comfortable in the championship.

skybluearmy88

All three that I mentioned would be more than comfortable in the championship.

That may be so but you have to think that championship clubs could find other players of equal quality around at a lot of clubs so why would they pay more when they could possibly get an equal quality player for less elsewhere. Wilson is very in demand. There's not many players of his age who can boast scoring 22 goals in there first full season while also being sidelined for 2 months.

The Gentleman

I'm not disagreeing with you about Wilson but surely if Sisu went about things the right way then signing the said players to a contract and then selling would mean money into the club which they could re-invest (clearly a joke I know), rather than letting them go for free or possibly getting a small compo fee for Christie. Moussa was one of the highest scoring midfielders from any league and his goals weren't tap ins, that in itself interests clubs and Christie is athletic, strong and can be very good going forward which is also a big draw nowadays so even if we sold them for smaller fees then at least some money into the club is better than nothing, surely?

skybluearmy88

I'm not disagreeing with you about Wilson but surely if Sisu went about things the right way then signing the said players to a contract and then selling would mean money into the club which they could re-invest (clearly a joke I know), rather than letting them go for free or possibly getting a small compo fee for Christie. Moussa was one of the highest scoring midfielders from any league and his goals weren't tap ins, that in itself interests clubs and Christie is athletic, strong and can be very good going forward which is also a big draw nowadays so even if we sold them for smaller fees then at least some money into the club is better than nothing, surely?

Yeah fair point. I suppose the only way they wouldn't put them on new contracts is cause they were desperate for them off the wage bill or something. But like you say it's better to get them on deals and get something. Rather than letting them leave for nothing. Obviously from a personal point of view I hope we keep them all lol.

italiahorse

Loyalty runs a bit deeper than that mate. We would be selling Wilson if we were at the Ricoh so nothing to do with Sixfields - except giving the likes of you a handy excuse for not supporting the team.

Good luck too you, I've run out of it after nearly 50 years.
The passion has gone :(

Sub

Same as every other player that has give their all for the club, i wish them well and cannot blame them for getting away from this car crash of a club and its owners. Wilson is a player that has give his best and thanks to his goals and clarkes they have kept us up this season. Next season if he goes i do not think we will be so lucky to stay up.:(

skybluelee

How unlike you to generalise. The quality of players on the pitch makes absolutely no difference to me. We play in Coventry, I travel 400 miles to attend. We play outside of Coventry, I won't travel 200 yards. Simple really.

Last edited:

torchomatic

I know. Very annoying. This never happened before SISU were here. Bastards.

Looks like another one will bite the dust.. Money too good for SISU to refuse me think!

oh well!

torchomatic

Who's been sold to Huddersfield? And are you on about Barton? The player everybody slagged off? Fuck me, you're getting desperate. Surprised you're not complaining about Platt going to NTFC or are you saving that for another day?

Sold some players to some of the big Premier teams yes...... but to big teams like Huddersfield and Fleetwood town ?

New lows I'm afraid.

lewys33

Who's been sold to Huddersfield? And are you on about Barton? The player everybody slagged off? Fuck me, you're getting desperate. Surprised you're not complaining about Platt going to NTFC or are you saving that for another day?

Plattini was shit hot

Grendel

He will be a bit coy about platt as that goes against his little theory that players will always prefer the Ricoh to a cabbage patch shit heap.

Terry Gibson's perm

At a normal club where some of the money would be re-invested in the team £3 million would be a fantastic deal but I can't see that happening, I am happy to admit that the bit I saw of Wilson playing last year gave me no idea of what was to come and I was fairly stunned that he started the season here as i thought he may go the way of Jeffers.

Users who are viewing this thread