Penultimate Block of 5 (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Getting to the business end now, what do we reckon?

Watford (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)
Leeds (H)
Southampton (A)

Really need more than ten to make up for a poor last block but honestly can’t see that happening. Head says:

- Watford: D
- Huddersfield: W
- Cardiff: W
- Leeds: L
- Southampton: L

7 points, maybe 8 if we sneak a draw in one of the last two.

mmttww

I predicted we'd get six points from this block incl. a loss on Sat and still end on 75 points.

PNE result leaves us behind where I thought we'd be, though, so...

Draw as a minimum vs. Watford so we keep rebuilding momentum. Win, we're back on it!

wingy

I predicted we'd get six points from this block incl. a loss on Sat and still end on 75 points.

PNE result leaves us behind where I thought we'd be, though, so...

Draw as a minimum vs. Watford so we keep rebuilding momentum. Win, we're back on it!
It's more about who the others are facing really isn't it,so my 11points are necessary not a dream?

Robinshio

It's more about who the others are facing really isn't it,so my 11points are necessary not a dream?
yet who would have had norwich to lose and baggies to draw last night and hull to draw on Tuesday
We only got to play offs last year as so many teams above us choked and 70 points was enough

73 with a good GD is historically thereabouts
Only once has a team with 75 points with a GD as good as ours failed to get to the play offs, so I would say 75 points is 95% certain

21 points in 10 games is a big ask but we need to be targeting that

Covkid1968#

Anything around the 8 points would be a real result. Our last 5 are a bit easier if relegation and autos are resolved. It’s just too close to call. Heart says we can do it… head tells me we just fall short!!

mmttww

Anything around the 8 points would be a real result. Our last 5 are a bit easier if relegation and autos are resolved. It’s just too close to call. Heart says we can do it… head tells me we just fall short!!

Yeah, I said a few times I think we'll get the same points as last season but finish lower in the table. Reckon that's still about right.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would hope for 9+ but 7 is realistic

Our last 5 look quite favourable with the two hardest fixtures being at home which I hope gives us the edge.

SeaSeeEffCee

We need to win this weekend and also probably need to win at Huddersfield and beat Cardiff too if we’re to have any hope.

Robinshio

We need to win this weekend and also probably need to win at Huddersfield and beat Cardiff too if we’re to have any hope.
a bit far stretched to say dont win all and there is no hope

2 wins and a draw from those 3
3 points from Southampton Leeds Ipswich
Hull must win (6 pointer)

means we would probably need 6 points from the other 3 against Blues Blackburn QPR

wingy

Eccles close at see west brom and the other night, just saying they're both okay for not between them except a bit of vision!

Hobo

Watford (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)
Leeds (H)
Southampton (A)

Really need more than ten to make up for a poor last block but honestly can’t see that happening. Head says:

I think it is best to take one game at a time. Recently Cardiff have been in better form than Watford, but that could change by the time we play them.

I don't see why we can't get a draw out of Southampton or Leeds? On our day we can beat anyone, but we might be totally out of it by then, who knows?

Last edited:

wingy

I think it is best to take one game at a time. Recently Cardiff have been in better form than Watford, but that could change by the time we play them.

I don't see why we can't get a draw out of Southampton or Leeds? On our day we can best anyone, but we might be totally out of it by then, who knows?
Especially if we limit to 2000 fan's!

Saddlebrains

Watford (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)
Leeds (H)
Southampton (A)

I have the exact same as you. Could be revised to 9 with a win v Watford which i think we may well do

Keeps us in touch with winmable games v Brum, Hull, QPR, Blackburn

Still think we will fall short though

Viktor17

I have the exact same as you. Could be revised to 9 with a win v Watford which i think we may well do

Keeps us in touch with winmable games v Brum, Hull, QPR, Blackburn

Still think we will fall short though
Fair view.

However, think how mad the championship now become pretty much every team has something to play for, bar Rotherham. This means results are going to be mental and surprising. I thought we would need 75 to make PO, think it will be less now.

For me the next 3 games will determine our season - all winnable and realistically need 7 points min if we are making charge. Momentum really would be good going into Leeds/Saints, where we could give it a real crack.

Would add - think I prefer us chasing and suspect the team may prefer chasing, than being there to be caught? Just a hunch.

Like you, we may get pipped and that's ok. A really strong block to build for next year.......but it's going to be as busy a summer - we needed another 3 excluding EMC let's say. Layer on COH, Moore, Kelly, Godden, Allen (maybe), Tavares, likely to leave....thats another 8/9.

baldy

It's absolutely pointless predicting any of our matches in this mental league so who honestly knows? Any team can genuinely beat one another

Macca1987

Completely agree Baldy, I did predictions from the 20th Feb Plymouth v WBA, and I have only got 6 out of 22 results correct. I'm just going to enjoy one game at a time now and see where we are come the last three games as whether to still get excited about the playoffs

Users who are viewing this thread