PES 2018 (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Pretty sure this will just descend into the annual 'PES is shit FIFA is better' thread but are any of you lot getting it?

Having played both the Beta and Demo I really cant wait. such a smooth game.
Its picking up awards at all the shows and getting great previews.

Seemed like quite a healthy group interest in editing already on here. I posted some 2017-18 kits a while back that should work in the new game. hope to get a squad up soon after release.

covcity4life

cosnidering i have berated pes for 2 years running due to scripting i am not sure how i can be seen as bias.

OP- beta was AMAZING as there wa sno scripting, but if its back in for release i will not buy, i will wait.

demo is a little faster than beta(bad thing) and the passing is more assisted(bad bad thing) but still big improvement over 17

played fifa 16 the other week, the shooting is much better than pes,ball goes where you want most of time. other than that its a shocking game though. super fast fwd arcade game.

if you get it play some games online and let me know if its back to old school pes days(pes 13 and before)

on the beta i only lost 6 games in 10 days, on 15-17 i couldnt win more than 2 in a row most of the time lol. scripting must be eradicated!

p.s you will have to edit all your kits, they have shortened template so socks and sleeves must be redone i think. annoying

ajsccfc

Had a few goes on the demo, not feeling it yet. The 17 demo was love at first sight in comparison.

covcity4life

Had a few goes on the demo, not feeling it yet. The 17 demo was love at first sight in comparison.

its much much better than 17

but it does take 2-3 days of playing it to realise that the new way of playing is better

luckily i played the beta for 10 days in july

keep playing,then buy it,then if it has scripting tell me and i wont

i save money,you dont

its a plan

Liquid Gold

To be honest I'm fed up with both of them now and only play them offline. The scripting got too much with FIFA so I sold it and got PES which turns out isn't any better on that front.

Offline FIFA is boring and predictable with every team playing the same way but at least you have more modes/teams. PES is the opposite, sometimes it's completely nonsensical but more fun because of it.

This year I'll probably leave it and get myself Madden or something instead.

ajsccfc

I'm leaving Madden a year as I don't think I can justify getting them all every single time. NBA 2K for me this year as I've left it a while since the last one

covcity4life

Weren't you slagging off people who buy Fifa last year?
giphy.gif

Alkhen

I had some game credit so went for the Pes Legendary edition. Got quite into MyClub last year and you with the Legendary version get a bunch of premium partner agents, a young Maradona and a ton of points to spend every week

Alkhen

I dont like modes like myclub and ultimate team. Killing football games because they use scriptijg to make sure balances

God you really obsessed about scripting dude! I don't feel it. Pretty vitriolic man, Killing football games! hardly, i'd say improving actually. I'd agree about Ulitimate team as its seems just a massive money spinner where its impossible to get decent players without ploughing in real money. but MyClub is pretty fair and without any real cash spent i had a really strong team. it feels like a long term project.

I never once felt the scripting you say.

Last edited:

MatthewWallis

God you really obsessed about scripting dude! I don't feel it. Pretty vitriolic man, Killing football games! hardly, i'd say improving actually. I'd agree about Ulitimate team as its seems just a massive money spinner where its impossible to get decent players without ploughing in real money. but MyClub is pretty fair and without any real cash spent i had a really strong team. it feels like a long term project.

I never once felt the scripting you say.

I agree with him, especially in FIFA career mode. So many times my shots just won't go in and it ends 0-0 or I lose 1-0, it's quite clear that there's something different when normally the shots would easily go in. Another example is playing online when every second ball just falls to the opponent no matter what. I guess it makes it a little bit realistic as that's what happens in football sometimes but it's still annoying

Liquid Gold

You can tell scripting is real because you play teams on FUT made up entirely of players worse that yours, and this is in the top divisions, and you can't touch them. Next game you play someone who's got Messi and Ronaldo and you smash them.

covcity4life

i dont know how anyone can deny scripting

i have had games where i match up with same player 3 times in a row,first i will win 1-0 a really tight affair,next i will lose 7-0 where i cant make one pass correctly and everytime i get ball the opoonent pressures me out of it within split seconds,wins every header,every physical battle etc

then 3rd game i will smash him 5-0 or whatever, this time i am like guardiola barca and everythig i hit goes in etc

those that defend scripting come out with crap like maybe the guy passed his controller to a friend(plausable yes,but not 3-4 times a day every day!) or thats like real like,unpredictable!(behave)

that why i loved the pes 18 beta so much, maybe because unfinished but there was no scripting. i won 80% of my games over 10 days, had a 7 game winning streak. im not happy because i won but because it was fair,when i lost a game 3 nil i messaged the opponent and said well played because he schooled me

we need those days back, will nit purchase pes 18 till someone feeds back online for me.

Alkhen

i dont know how anyone can deny scripting

i have had games where i match up with same player 3 times in a row,first i will win 1-0 a really tight affair,next i will lose 7-0 where i cant make one pass correctly and everytime i get ball the opoonent pressures me out of it within split seconds,wins every header,every physical battle etc

then 3rd game i will smash him 5-0 or whatever, this time i am like guardiola barca and everythig i hit goes in etc

those that defend scripting come out with crap like maybe the guy passed his controller to a friend(plausable yes,but not 3-4 times a day every day!) or thats like real like,unpredictable!(behave)

that why i loved the pes 18 beta so much, maybe because unfinished but there was no scripting. i won 80% of my games over 10 days, had a 7 game winning streak. im not happy because i won but because it was fair,when i lost a game 3 nil i messaged the opponent and said well played because he schooled me

we need those days back, will nit purchase pes 18 till someone feeds back online for me.

Well got to say it never struck me as a massive issue in 17.. BUUUT scripting apart, surely it affects all online modes, just because you dont personally enjoy MyClub doesnt mean it is killing football games.

its the only feature I feel I can sink my teeth into in the same way you could with the Masters league in the glory PS2 days. playing agiinst the computer in ML just feels a bit lifeless to me nowadays. i also like to build something so exhibitions and online leagues feel a bit dull

covcity4life

yes it does affect all modes. myclub i think has made it happen though

i also not a fan of fantasy footy, i only want to play with real squads for most part

skybluegod

I'm not denying scripting because I have experienced a lot of what people have already mentioned, but I do believe it is an overstated reason for people losing and it is to blame.

But I do agree FIFA is too money orientated now. I used to plough money into it, but I finally grew up ;)
Stopped playing ultimate team due to the bullshit

Alkhen

I'm not denying scripting because I have experienced a lot of what people have already mentioned, but I do believe it is an overstated reason for people losing and it is to blame.

But I do agree FIFA is too money orientated now. I used to plough money into it, but I finally grew up ;)
Stopped playing ultimate team due to the bullshit

Give pes' answer to ultimate team MyClub a go. They give you tonnes of great agents to start and you get a chance to win two a week. Far fairer system. I had messi, Ronaldo, Rivaldo legend, Greisman, Pique, Along with loads of others.

skybluegod

Give pes' answer to ultimate team MyClub a go. They give you tonnes great agents to start and you get a chance to win two a week. Far fairer system. I had messi, Ronaldo, Rivaldo legend, Greisman, Pique, Along with loads of others.
I had pes 2017, but never really played it much except for maybe a couple days of myclub
Might give it a go at some point

Alkhen

In terms of optionfiles for all the kits etc, what would be people's recommendations?

Id say you have two options, quickest to release will be Pesuniverse, their site is struggling currently tho. I think there are some membership levels this year but you should be able to get it free.

Im gonna wait for Pesworld tho, his kits are spot on, might take a few days mind.

covcity4life

got it last night. so far so good but i will not count my chcikens regarding scripting till i have played 30 games or more

so far played 9,won 7 lost 2

mechaishida

Might be tempted to get PES18, since I've stuck with the brand since it's inception on the SNES, some 20 years ago.

I have a mate in the industry who works as a code tester for a big company, and he reckons the AI scripting usually gets worse the more the game is updated. Beta and 'fresh' games are ordinarily far less bogged down with scripting.

This was definitely true of the PS3 PES games, it was very noticeable.

covcity4life

same old

-amazing offline
bag of scripted piss online

screw both ea and konami. impossible to just have a nice online game now on either game

Users who are viewing this thread