Pete from Stivicale yet again (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Got you talking about it didn't it?
Therefore it worked.

Seriously, I'm past supporting protests, but just for the sake of my eyes, you can have these for free:

OvIcPGY.jpg

sxHb4Iq.jpg

pA64ezo.jpg

And I'm awful at Photoshop.

skybluetony176

Every single protest every single initiative puts someone off so what do we do stop every protest?

If you only took your feedback from this site that's exactly what you would do. The irony being that if the club ever did disappear the same ones who moan about every organised protest would also be the same ones saying that our fan base is passive as we've seen with the Wasps situation. It's seems that general rule of thumb on here is shout the loudest and do the least.

Sky Blue Pete

I think that's unfair. This situation needs some creative solution that we can all get behind.

Just cause some people are doing something it doesn't mean it's effective

letsallsingtogether

Seriously, I'm past supporting protests, but just for the sake of my eyes, you can have these for free:

OvIcPGY.jpg

sxHb4Iq.jpg

pA64ezo.jpg

Well luckily for you and the other anti protests on here moaning most of us have had enough.
As all but one of the protesters is giving up there season tickets next year we will leave it to the rest of you.
Once the Club is completely fucked you can all moan again about the shit supporters for once you will be right.
Nick call it NOPM if you want but most have just given up and don't care anymore.
Just a shame as there is 100s of years support in this small group.

rupert_bear

Having lived through the Jimmy Hill It's a real shame that we have no one with the high profile he had to champion our cause in the media.
And that is what is needed, poor JH had been ill for 5 or 6 years until he died maybe a bit longer about as long as this crowd took over, had he been the Jimmy Hill of old who we all remember he would definitely been our champion and taken on Sepalla and co years ago in fact I have my doubts Sixfields would have happened and he wouldn't have given a stuff about Fishers " we batter people in court" jibe or threats. He would have used the media cleverly and in my opinion "battered" sisu in public.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Well luckily for you and the other anti protests on here moaning most of us have had enough.
As all but one of the protesters is giving up there season tickets next year we will leave it to the rest of you.
Once the Club is completely fucked you can all moan again about the shit supporters for once you will be right.
Nick call it NOPM if you want but most have just given up and don't care anymore.

I can hear it now.

Bloody passive fan base. If this had have happened to Leeds United every window in SISU HQ would have been put through by now blah blah blah.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Every single protest every single initiative puts someone off so what do we do stop every protest?
Not sure where you're reading that from my post, but no.

I'm saying a badly thought out idea like calling the owner a witch isn't necessarily a success because people are talking about it if what they're saying is negative. The sit-in idea is a great one, a pasted witch hat not so much. It's clearly not 'all protest good' vs 'all protest bad' and so any mild dissenting opinion doesn't have to be greeted with a stroppy 'fine let's all so nothing and let the club die so you'll all be happy then'

hill83

I'm saying a badly thought out idea like calling the owner a witch isn't necessarily a success because people are talking about it if what they're saying is negative. The sit-in idea is a great one, a pasted witch hat not so much. It's clearly not 'all protest good' vs 'all protest bad' and so any mild dissenting opinion doesn't have to be greeted with a stroppy 'fine let's all so nothing and let the club die so you'll all be happy then'

You love Fisher then.
What are you doing.

BINGO

Irish Sky Blue

I despair when I read some of the comments on here. Thankfully what I hear at home games and particularly away games from our dwindling fan base are not the views of a few on here.
On here there was an eruption of fury due to the loss of points "definitely caused" by a whistle blower and a pitch invasion. These same furious people raise barely a peep about what Sisu have done and are doing to this club, indeed they often try to justify or make excuses for them. I am not saying that the plight of a football club compares to Civil Rights in the U.S, apartheid in South Africa or the suffragette movement, but parallels can be drawn. It was only by extreme action that the just goals of these just movements succeeded.
Lots on here said protest before, half time or full time, don't disrupt the game. Well, I was one of the few who went across and took part in the sit in at the end of the game. How many of those who suggested this type of action turned up? I bet Fisher was smirking all over his face as this had minimal media coverage and little impact on him or Sisu. We even had someone on here sincerely wishing the protest failed as the whistler had "definitely" cost his team (our team?) points. Presumably everyone at the sit in were also whistle blowers.
It is obvious from reading here and listening to the radio that there is never going to be a protest that unites our fans. Some justify why they won't march, the witch pictures were pathetic, the funeral procession was pathetic and scared children, pigs, invasions and whistles cost points, scare children and will mean others in football will lose sympathy with our cause. Even anti Sisu chanting chanting affects " the boys on the pitch". However it does seem strange that to me the most United I have felt our fan base to be was after the pitch invasion, the action that has rattled Fisher the most and gave our plight the most media attention. If as seems possible, some of the most active and vociferous fans drift away, the rest of us can watch Coventry City die peacefully.

Nick

Administrator
If you only took your feedback from this site that's exactly what you would do. The irony being that if the club ever did disappear the same ones who moan about every organised protest would also be the same ones saying that our fan base is passive as we've seen with the Wasps situation. It's seems that general rule of thumb on here is shout the loudest and do the least.
You doing much then Tony? All that energy you are using by only being able to post about one thing.

Nick

Administrator

Wasn't schmee just proving a point? It's quite clear how nobody is open to even constructive critisism.

clint van damme

I despair when I read some of the comments on here. Thankfully what I hear at home games and particularly away games from our dwindling fan base are not the views of a few on here.
On here there was an eruption of fury due to the loss of points "definitely caused" by a whistle blower and a pitch invasion. These same furious people raise barely a peep about what Sisu have done and are doing to this club, indeed they often try to justify or make excuses for them. I am not saying that the plight of a football club compares to Civil Rights in the U.S, apartheid in South Africa or the suffragette movement, but parallels can be drawn. It was only by extreme action that the just goals of these just movements succeeded.
Lots on here said protest before, half time or full time, don't disrupt the game. Well, I was one of the few who went across and took part in the sit in at the end of the game. How many of those who suggested this type of action turned up? I bet Fisher was smirking all over his face as this had minimal media coverage and little impact on him or Sisu. We even had someone on here sincerely wishing the protest failed as the whistler had "definitely" cost his team (our team?) points. Presumably everyone at the sit in were also whistle blowers.
It is obvious from reading here and listening to the radio that there is never going to be a protest that unites our fans. Some justify why they won't march, the witch pictures were pathetic, the funeral procession was pathetic and scared children, pigs, invasions and whistles cost points, scare children and will mean others in football will lose sympathy with our cause. Even anti Sisu chanting chanting affects " the boys on the pitch". However it does seem strange that to me the most United I have felt our fan base to be was after the pitch invasion, the action that has rattled Fisher the most and gave our plight the most media attention. If as seems possible, some of the most active and vociferous fans drift away, the rest of us can watch Coventry City die peacefully.

I've been supportive of the protests but thought the whistle blowing at the Bolton game was a shit idea, though it worked well against Sheffu utd. But to you that makes me someone who raises barely a peep against sisu!

What a joke of a comment! I fully support people organising protests but that doesn't mean I think every protest is a good idea. Surely protest organisers should take comments on board about each protest and use the feedback when deciding on future protests.

As I said on another thread, if I shit in my hand and smeared sisu out on the stair well of block 16 would anyone who criticised me be a sisu lover?
I think in general the protest so far have been good ideas, the witches hat was a bit pathetic but did no harm but the whistles at Bolton were just fucking stupid ,in my opinion.

skybluetony176

You doing much then Tony? All that energy you are using by only being able to post about one thing.

I've took part in everything I physically can from attending the legends game, a couple of visits to the hill, signed everything, wrote to everyone I could, couldn't attend the two marches in the city as I was overseas for both, didn't attend the march this season for which I have no excuse for. But key I have backed everyone from RS and the GCBTTR group to MO and KCIC and anyone else who has attempted to raise awareness of our plight and organized anything regardless. Plenty on here haven't while doing sweet FA themselves.

Nick

Administrator
I've took part in everything I physically can from attending the legends game, a couple of visits to the hill, signed everything, wrote to everyone I could, couldn't attend the two marches in the city as I was overseas for both, didn't attend the march this season for which I have no excuse for. But key I have backed everyone from RS and the GCBTTR group to MO and KCIC and anyone else who has attempted to raise awareness of our plight and organized anything regardless. Plenty on here haven't while doing sweet FA themselves.

Key is you backing somebody on a forum? Plenty have given lots of constructive feedback over the years.

You have been to a legends game and signed petitions but you are preaching that others don't do anything?

Must be all the energy typing sisu.

Irish Sky Blue

• I've been supportive of the protests but thought the whistle blowing at the Bolton game was a shit idea, though it worked well against Sheffu utd. But to you that makes me someone who raises barely a peep against sisu!
What a joke of a comment! I fully support people organising protests but that doesn't mean I think every protest is a good idea. Surely protest organisers should take comments on board about each protest and use the feedback when deciding on future protests.

As I said on another thread, if I shit in my hand and smeared sisu out on the stair well of block 16 would anyone who criticised me be a sisu lover?
I think in general the protest so far have been good ideas, the witches hat was a bit pathetic but did no harm but the whistles at Bolton were just fucking stupid ,in my opinion.

Comments not aimed at you, but there are some who vent there anger on protests and protesters and yet say little about Sisu. As far as I could tell whistle blowers at the Bolton match seemed more random people, certainly not part of an organised protest. However I did think the whistles at the Sheffield game were effective when there was a constant drone. My comments really were making the point that;
  • No protest will have everyone's approval.
  • Some people will never approve of any protest
  • Those that suggest softer protests such as the sit in then don't support it
  • The harder hitting protests are the more effective

Nick

Administrator
Yes, you are still banging on about it now.
I take it with all the people mentioning sisu it's great for them too isn't it?

What's more worrying is just the blind backing of things like that where nobody takes a step back to say "hold on, that design, can we not do a bit better before asking fans to hold it up and the local news paper to post it to get people to print them at home"

Brylowes

I can here it now.

Bloody passive fan base. If this had have happened to Leeds United every window in SISU HQ would have been put through by now blah blah blah.
This is the problem when a club dies a slow death, apathy sets in and people lose interest gradually
And at different stages, it's not a mass exodus.
If the fall from grace were sudden and dramatic it would be very different, the fanbase would be in
Uproar with huge demonstrations at every game.
Ours has been more "managed decline" over a number of years rather than "dramatic capitulation"
Over a season, the result of which is a 'brow beaten" demoralised and severely depleted fanbase
Of which many just think "Meh.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm saying a badly thought out idea like calling the owner a witch isn't necessarily a success because people are talking about it if what they're saying is negative. The sit-in idea is a great one, a pasted witch hat not so much. It's clearly not 'all protest good' vs 'all protest bad' and so any mild dissenting opinion doesn't have to be greeted with a stroppy 'fine let's all so nothing and let the club die so you'll all be happythen'
I was saying that every protest puts somebody off look at the people who walked on the pitch at the SU game some of our fans were almost apoplectic about it yet the sky people although couldn't condone it virtually condoned it. Are we that outraged about a few hundred bits of paper that we loose sight of the problem we've got? Will Joy have taken any notice of the paper or what was in the papers? Perhaps neither.
And this wasn't a what have you done post I don't care what people do or don't do re protests. This club is going to die wether there are protests or not at least the club that I grew up supporting.

ajsccfc

Some thought the invasion affected the game, and the witch thing was at best juvenile and embarrassing. That's the difference I see, whereas I can't remember too much opposition to the sit-in, the petition, the marches or anything like that. Apathy maybe, but that's impossible to avoid; maintaining support and reputation is well within control however.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Some thought the invasion affected the game, and the witch thing was at best juvenile and embarrassing. That's the difference I see, whereas I can't remember too much opposition to the sit-in, the petition, the marches or anything like that. Apathy maybe, but that's impossible to avoid; maintaining support and reputation is well within control however.
Some did some didn't some would have condemned it either way. As for the juvenile and embarrassing witch sheets where was it noticed it was a nothing. Not every protest will be to certain people's liking is what I'm saying. We have a fractured and divided fan base the same as we have a fractured and divided protest base, people are doing various protests on their own nobody can legislate for that. I wouldn't know I'm not a member of any of them just let them get on with it some will be good others bad.

Brylowes

The idea and the execution.
But it served its purpose, it was basically a leaflet drop on one match day and it got
People talking about it.
Why be embarrassed, after all it's a football fans group not Saatchi & Saatchi.

ajsccfc

If people thought it was just a knockabout bit of fun that's fine, but I feel it undermined the gravitas that using Jimmy Hill's name can allow the group. I disagree that being talked about can only be positive.

shmmeee

I was serious :(

Don't blame you for protesting. I've been beaten and had enough, but "fuck em up because what else can we do" is probably the only action we can have.

Like naughty kids at the back of the class, if we don't have a stake in it, we may as well fuck up those who do.

Users who are viewing this thread