Match Thread Peterboro. v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 31st Dec (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

To be honest I will settle for a run of 1-0 and 0-0 etc...won't mind about style of football...just need a series of results. When we are mid table we can think about good football.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theferret

Just got back. Bitterly disappointing, but a decent performance and a sense we might have stopped the rot. Coming back was listening to BBC Cambs and the overall view that it was a point gained for them and that they were fortunate to come away with something.

Felt we sat back a little too much, deliberate or not, we lacked composure second half and resorted to launching it up field from about 60 mins onwards. Was a second there for us had we been a little more adventurous you felt, but hey-ho. Decent battling performance. Onwards and upwards. PUSB.

Astute

Well, why not mention it in the appropriate place? I'm sure CWR have a rugby show they can discuss how great they are.
1, I am not local to that station.
2, Why would I want to listen to that shite if I could get it?

Macca

I don't think we will go down. I think it's going to be a struggle but we will get through. As for this celebrating us losing I can't understand it at all. I'd want us to win even with a back 4 of Hitler, Farage, Corbyn and Trump!
I think what people are missing is that relegation would keep SISU here even longer. Cheaper the club is to run the longer they wil stay

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Couldn't see what happened for the equalizer as it was at the other end of the pitch. Great ball into the box and I'm not sure if it was Burge rushing out or our defender being beaten to the ball but to get so close is heartbreaking.

We've stopped the rot and showed a bit of grit and determination which will hopefully hold us in good stead. City fans singing 'you're fucking shit' and 'we can see you sneaking out' was very premature and naive as let's be honest the 3 points as a city fan are never secure until that whistle is blown.

Let's hope this transfer window is utilized from tomorrow morning onwards and not left until the last couple of days as is the norm.

Reid and Willis superb today! Tudgay shite again.

PUSB

At least you were watching for the goal. I was on my phone typing and not for the first time missed an opposition goal...

Agree with your post otherwise though, is especially about Reid and Willis. Reid was like a new signing

Grendel

Start of a horrible run of 0-0,1-1,1-0
Horrible football and us surviving by a decent margin.
Was surprised this wasn't the result last week

You sound disappointed we didn't lose. I'm not surprised

Monners

Mate who went said we sat back a bit too much in the second half, but he seems to think we will stay up (he was a bit glass empty like me)

clint van damme

I don't think we will go down. I think it's going to be a struggle but we will get through. As for this celebrating us losing I can't understand it at all. I'd want us to win even with a back 4 of Hitler, Farage, Corbyn and Trump!
I think what people are missing is that relegation would keep SISU here even longer. Cheaper the club is to run the longer they wil stay
these posters are trolls and non CCFC supporters, I wouldn't worry too much about the shite they come out with.

Gazolba

Got up late and missed the game but when I went to look at the result I must admit I was relieved it was 1-1, as I fully expected a defeat.
But then when I looked at the timing of the goals, I was gutted we conceded so late.
Also surprised Tudgay started over Sordell, unless he was injured.

letsallsingtogether

I genuinely believe that survival will disappoint some posters.
It Will disappoint me:(
I expected us to be pushing for Promotion this season with TM in charge, building on last season.
So yes it will be a shit season now no matter what.

AL13N

Just woke to see the score, thanks for the thread guys & sw88 for the updates. I'll take the point.
Also wish McCanns wife a speedy recovery from her gunshot wound, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

At least you were watching for the goal. I was on my phone typing and not for the first time missed an opposition goal...

Agree with your post otherwise though, is especially about Reid and Willis. Reid was like a new signing

How did G Thomas do SW?

Esoterica

Lack of concentration from Willis for their goal - was ball watching and let the man get round the back of him.

Otis

Hard to say, but maybe he should have come.

Clear foul on Sordell though. How did the ref miss that?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread