Peterborough Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Hit the post twice made the keeper work. What more could he do. They win 3-1 and goalkeeper man of the match. Proper CB for us don't think we'd have lost vincelot mistakes for goals 2&3.

well lets sign 2 midfielders then ?

"ramage has gone on loan but we wont jepodise the team"

yet he plays Vince at the back ?

mark82

Quick ratings
Rcc 7
Ricketts 4
Vincelot 3
Martin 5
Lorentzon 5
Bigi 6
Fleck 7
Cole 7
Murphy 7
Fortune 6

Jones 7
Tudgay 6
Henderson 4

I think you're about bang on there. Some positives I suppose. Just so frustrating watching us fall apart after the great start to the season. I can't see a way we get into the play offs now - the run in from here on in is pretty tough.

Otis

Hit the post twice made the keeper work. What more could he do. They win 3-1 and goalkeeper man of the match. Proper CB for us don't think we'd have lost vincelot mistakes for goals 2&3.
What more could he do?

Err ..... Score?

mark82

Mowbray got it wrong playing that hopeless French twat at centre half, he's been terrible in his normal position recently never mind another one.
Not writing the season off, the fans show the losing mentality of the club more than anything.

Wouldn't call him hopeless. Not been great recently but until that point had been one of our best players.

Last edited by a moderator:

hill83

Mowbray got it wrong playing that hopeless French twat at centre half, he's been terrible in his normal position recently never mind another one.
Not writing the season off, the fans show the losing mentality of the club more than anything.

Reported

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Murphy and Jones tried tonight.

So did fleck.

The rest can fuck off

You can't just do one good thing in a game and be a ponce for the rest.

The fact is, most of these players clearly don't have the phyical or mental ability to be professional footballers in a promotion chasing team, and worryingly as games go by, the managers logic seems to get more and more questionable too.

Skyblueweeman

We've won two of our last 15 games. I think it's fair that many of us have that mentality now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Amazingly, I don't actually disagree with that.

johnwillomagic

We didnt play that badly tonight tbf .....I shouldn't be but I am still laughing at that Henderson stumble and all the Henderson lovers
before the match no way in the world he or maf should get in ahead of Tudguy but hey I'm never gonna win that one!

Cole I thought did ok and scored, Murphy looks like he needs an arm round the shoulder rather than a slating and made our goal.
Jones looks raw but promising. I actually thought Bigi had a very good first 35......we are so bloody frustarting aaahhh!! Still looking for any positives other results went our way!! We could be worse need to beat Colchester for sure!!

The Reverend Skyblue

Please end the season now.
yet again for the fourth time a team TM has managed has capitulated post Xmas.

that fact is very worrying.
yes we have new badges at Ryton, so maybe instead of being a manager he should go into interior decoration, as for me half the team are conference level at best yet he's brought in most of them.

his reputation built up solely on one season is massively up for question next season, you can't keep living on one good season for ever

peekingtom

Look, this is the best season we have had in years , we are not ready to go up yet if we get to the play off,s it will be a bonus, Jones looks a talent .

The Reverend Skyblue

That fact is very worrying.
Yes we have new badges and some wallpaper at Ryton, so maybe instead of being a manager he should go into interior decoration, as for me half the team are conference level at best yet he's brought in most of them.

his reputation built up solely on one season is massively up for question next season, you can't keep living on one good season for ever

fernandopartridge

that fact is very worrying.
yes we have new badges at Ryton, so maybe instead of being a manager he should go into interior decoration, as for me half the team are conference level at best yet he's brought in most of them.

We're still 3 points off the play offs with a superior goal difference to most.

skyblue025

Another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Suicidal defending, poor finishing and what the fuck Henderson was doing when clean through on goal is beyond me. Knees it away then trips himself up!!! Playoffs are gone as we drift further down the league.
Think the commentator said in Mowbrays first 46 games we got 71 points. Really good total but 60 of them must of come in the first 30 games.

Last edited:

mark82

Look, this is the best season we have had in years , we are not ready to go up yet if we get to the play off,s it will be a bonus, Jones looks a talent .

We should be top 6 with the squad we have.

Jones looks good doesn't he? Should definitely make permanent in the summer.

SlowerThanPlatt

Jodi Jones the only positive.

Not sure what George Thomas has to do to get on the bench though. If I was his agent I'd seriously be looking at other options for him next year as Mowbray seemingly doesn't rate him for some reason

standupforcity

Nail on head.

Lack of mental strength and character.

Absolute bollcks. You're completely forgetting what a great game their keeper had. We were completely in their face with mental strenght and character. When your luck's out it's out and it was tonight. Still in touch and Jones looks a real talent....I actually feel quite hopeful again after tonight...

duffer

You've got to take your chances, and you've got to defend better than that. Fortune, who actually looked suprisingly mobile tonight, could have helped out by standing still on the far post for their first goal - what was he thinking?

Fleck looked tidy enough, Jones looked very promising, and Murphy seems to alternate from brilliant to awful every few minutes - so frustrating.

I felt sorry for Vincelot because the gaps between the back four were enormous, even a proper central defender would struggle to cover that. And dicking around with it at the back under pressure when you've got serious pace on the wings seems a very odd strategy too.

There's still a half-decent side in there somewhere, we've shown can play some great football, but it's going to take something spectacular to get anywhere now...

fernandopartridge

FP, do you think we will make the playoffs?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I don't know if we will but equally don't know if we won't.
What's happened in our recent run is irrelevant for the rest of the season in the same way that our early season form is.
The Mowbray shit is ridiculous, really ridiculous.

martcov

Absolute bollcks. You're completely forgetting what a great game their keeper had. We were completely in their face with mental strenght and character. When your luck's out it's out and it was tonight. Still in touch and Jones looks a real talent....I actually feel quite hopeful again after tonight...

agree about Jones, but we do lack something when it comes to taking a win when it is offered on a plate.

covhead1

Hopeful??? after that woeful performance of our defence.

we have two hopes for the play offs.... NO HOPE AND BOB HOPE!! (the old ones are the best)

SkyBlue_Bear83

A lot of the shots lacked belief and conviction that they could score, the keeper should have been given no chance with several of the chances.

Users who are viewing this thread