Peterborough Match Thread (1 Viewer)

James Smith

mowbray sounded quite dispondant

Should have heard me when I got home.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I understand that - you read the post, it's clearly not the point I'm making.

The fact we showed we can play well is a positive out of an otherwise despressing night. We proved we still have have the ability to perform, it's a platform, so it's a step in a positive direction, rather than a 90 minute battering with zero hope of anything different to come.

Im attempting to be optimistic and clutch at straws, let me please!

OK :D Permission granted

SkyBlue_Bear83

Basically, the normal thing is to score when you are on top.

You will always get the breakaway out of the blue goals of course, but both teams usually get a period of being on top in games. What you have to do is to make it count when you have the upper hand.

Yep, not rocket science. You can win matches even if you only play well for 10 minutes if you can score 2 or 3 goals in that 10 mnutes, when you are on top you have to have the killer instinct, crank up the gears and go for the throat. When you are under pressure you have to dig deep and try not to concede.

We're probably a better footballing team than most in this division but there are obviously teams a lot more efficient than us.

steveo1987

Going forward sublime,can't defend for toffee.story of the season.Jones looked excellent and Murphy played well.Another day we would have been 4 up but not tonight unfortunately.The big black fella as theirs was a dick head for giving it the big one to the Cov fans,he could have got lumped

tisza

We're probably a better footballing team than most in this division but there are obviously teams a lot more efficient than us.
Does make you question why we've gone for players like Fortune & Henderson - particularly when they seem to spend too much time outside the box and lack the pace and skill to make a difference from wider areas anyway.

jas365

So form can't change? Is that what you're saying

Form can change yes, but it's not a blip in form. It's 3 wins in nearly half a season. No one wants promotion more than me, but i've seen every game we've played in this poxy league (excluding the games at Northampton!), and we ain't getting promotion any time soon.

Last edited:

idm1975

We were way better than them tonight and no-one was really bad. Their keeper was a cunting c**t and had a great game!

covcity4life

We should scored 5 or 6. Gutted we lost but if we can sort defence and hoof it sumtimes I can see us getting back to winning ways very very soon

idm1975

How many teams in our league have lost their best centre backs all season. Our best team would win this league. Trust in tony and no fucking injuries next year!

covcity4life

Agree idm. Baxk 4 depleted all season. Even more so today. Next season we will be competing no doubt imo

But dtill think we can make playoffs thisnseason

SkyblueBazza

Ineffective in the penalty area.

Those are the words I would use to describe our current form. We cannot convert scoring opportunities into goals...& we cannot defend! We play some good stuff at times. But some absolute shit at others.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

lifeskyblue

As all season defensive mistakes have cost us. Lack of confidence in keepers and numerous mistakes.
Midfield and attack have looked good at times but ineffective in last few months.
A season that promised so much will ultimately deliver disappointment. Memories though of some of the best football we have played in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Always wanted TM to give Henderson a decent run out.... Now I know why he didn't. Only the keeper to beat and falls flat on his face. Is it only me that noticed when Murphy hit a couple of good shots on target he just stood there rooted to the spot and never made any attempt to follow up? when he hit the post in the scond half, if he was alert enough, he could have followed it up, but just stood there rooted. Fleck nearly cost us big time on 3 different occasions, Bigi got pushed too easily off the ball. Disagree with one poster about Lorentzson, I thought he had a fair game.The young lad Jones is going to be massive, going to be a great asset to the Club... Well not really, SISU will sell him at the first decent opportunity they get.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Always wanted TM to give Henderson a decent run out.... Now I know why he didn't. Only the keeper to beat and falls flat on his face. Is it only me that noticed when Murphy hit a couple of good shots on target he just stood there rooted to the spot and never made any attempt to follow up? when he hit the post in the scond half, if he was alert enough, he could have followed it up, but just stood there rooted. Fleck nearly cost us big time on 3 different occasions, Bigi got pushed too easily off the ball. Disagree with one poster about Lorentzson, I thought he had a fair game.The young lad Jones is going to be massive, going to be a great asset to the Club... Well not really, SISU will sell him at the first decent opportunity they get.

Yes I picked up on that with Murphy, one in the first half as well. He had a great chance but Murphy took a poor shot the keeper parried it away and Murphy was stood still on the rebound whereas he would have had a second chance had he followed it in

stupot07

We had 13 shots on target
Their keeper was man of the match and had a stormer
We screwed up defensively it reminded me of the crew robbery in the JPT
Their keeper made 2-3 good saves. I've had to rewatch the game.most of our shots on target were grass cutters and most of his saves routine.

We dominated for 35 minutes, it was nothing like the Crewe JPT game go back and compare the stats.

Vs Crewe JPT
25 shots to 7
57% possession to 43%
15 corners to 3.

Vs Peterborough
22 shots to 17
51% possession to 49%
10 corners to 9

Yes we had more shots on target but it was nowhere near the annihilation performance you suggest. We had a good 35 mins against a poor Peterborough and as CCFC says they e there for the taking.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Their keeper made 2-3 good saves. I've had to rewatch the game.most of our shots on target were grass cutters and most of his saves routine.

We dominated for 35 minutes, it was nothing like the Crewe JPT game go back and compare the stats.

Vs Crewe JPT
25 shots to 7
57% possession to 43%
15 corners to 3.

Vs Peterborough
22 shots to 17
51% possession to 49%
10 corners to 9

Yes we had more shots on target but it was nowhere near the annihilation performance you suggest. We had a good 35 mins against a poor Peterborough and as CCFC says they e there for the taking.

Yep. Absolutely nothing like the Crewe game. We dominated, but most certainly did not annihilate them and I would suggest Don, that you do what Stupot has done and revisit the game.

Keeper played very well. Not one save though was a blinder and he would have been heavily criticised if he had let any of them in.

It was poor finishing that was our downfall, not their keeper.

dongonzalos

Vs Crewe JPT
25 shots to 7
57% possession to 43%
15 corners to 3.

Vs Peterborough
22 shots to 17
51% possession to 49%
10 corners to 9

Pick your stats Stu
I said it reminded me of the Crew Game not identical a similar pattern

13 on target verses 6. (54% more)
3 saves verses 11
1 clearance off the line verses 0
Post hit twice verses 0

So their keeper got man of the match for routine saves he would have been criticised for not making.
Why the hell did he get man of the match then.

Yes Rickets smash was a grass cutter
Coles pushed over the bar was a grass cutter
Murphys smashing against the post was a grass cutter
MAF's smashing against the near post was a grass cutter
MAF's cleared off the line by excellent defending was a grass cutter?

I would hate to be a fan of s team we do dominate against if this wasn't that!

Otis

Pick your stats Stu
I said it reminded me of the Crew Game not identical a similar pattern

13 on target verses 6. (54% more)
3 saves verses 11
1 clearance off the line verses 0
Post hit twice verses 0

So their keeper got man of the match for routine saves he would have been criticised for not making.
Why the hell did he get man of the match then.

Yes Rickets smash was a grass cutter
Coles pushed over the bar was a grass cutter
Murphys smashing against the post was a grass cutter
MAF's smashing against the near post was a grass cutter
MAF's cleared off the line by excellent defending was a grass cutter?

I would hate to be a fan of s team we do dominate against if this wasn't that!
The keeper played very well. Everyone has agreed on that. No-one is saying he didn't.

Unfortunately, the bottom line about hitting the post is, that it is a miss.

Listen to Mowbray post game. He doesn't talk of robbery or travesty, he talks of our inability to put the ball in the net.

The keeper played very well, but the tip over the bar, if he hadn't have got that he would have been at fault.

Save at the near post from Fortune's shot? Would have been his fault had that gone in.

He played very well, but they weren't stunning saves to keep us out.

Last edited:

Otis

Now will people accept that Peterborough were really bad.

It looked like we played well, but they stood off, didn't pressurise, weren't well organised and gave us time on the ball.

The difference tonight was crystal clear. Colchester did everything Peterborough didn't do, closed us down, were well organised and disciplined.

That's happened to us for months now and that is why we got the result again tonight and the falsely deceptive 'good' performance on Friday.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread