Pick a decent league 2 team + Target signings (1 Viewer)

JuFoster

What kind of players does the team need for next season?

IMO we've got

Burge and RCC
Stokes
Willis
Bigi
Jones / Reid
Beavon / Thomas /Tudgay

Everyone else in the current squad probably has too high wages to stay with the team, or is too weak to do well in league 2 - Haynes, Stevenson, Turnbull etc - can't see them enjoying life in L2 with cov

We need:
- Another strong full back or 2
- A strong, old defensive midfielder
- A strong lump of a CB

Adge

Thomas, Stokes, DKE and Beavon. The rest can all do one as they are am embarrassment. Pick any players you like over that lot.

Adge

Tudgay? The 4 above are the only ones I would keep. The rest are shithouses!

banbury_skyblue

What kind of players does the team need for next season?

IMO we've got

Burge and RCC
Stokes
Willis
Bigi
Jones / Reid
Beavon / Thomas /Tudgay

Everyone else in the current squad probably has too high wages to stay with the team, or is too weak to do well in league 2 - Haynes, Stevenson, Turnbull etc - can't see them enjoying life in L2 with cov

We need:
- Another strong full back or 2
- A strong, old defensive midfielder
- A strong lump of a CB

You really need to do your research.

Burge, Stokes, Bigi, Tudgay & George Thomas all out of contract and therefore cannot guarantee they will stay.

Willis & Stevenson will most likely be sold as Sisu tend to sell at least one decent player per season.

Cannot see many suitors for Turnbull as he has been very inconsistent.

And Tuggy & Beavon have 6 league goals between them all season - so cannot see them spearheading our return to L1 personally!

CovBurty

Thomas, Stokes, DKE and Beavon. The rest can all do one as they are am embarrassment. Pick any players you like over that lot.
You got that about right. tho we do need a few bruisers to replace the lightweights. and get big Cyril back up front. he still looks fit enough to bang a few in!

CovBurty

one thing for certain. the eventual playing squad for start of season is going to contain a number of new faces. hopefully the type the fans can immediately get behind. this season who has really stood out from the start. that needs to be remedied. we need some hero's out there. for sure.

Rory83

I refuse to give up on Jones just yet. He's still raw, but he's got pace and I'm slowly seeing signs his all round game is improving bit by bit. Think he could shine in league two especially against slower defenders.

Bigi should shine in that division, if he doesn't then he is done as a footballer. Would hope we can keep Haynes, I rate the guy. He's very comfortable going forward and he worries defences. He's stood out for me this season, massive improvement on Page. I'm not as bothered if Stevenson leaves, yes he's quality but he's better than this and the money could be used to improve the squad at large. Turnbull has improved as has Burgess to be fair. I'm not his or RCC biggest fan but out of the two I think he's the better all rounder.

Apart from that I'm not too bothered who leaves. It's all about who comes in to replace them.

Irish Sky Blue

I felt that the team against Charlton was a goal scorer away from being a good third division team.Therefore they should be very good in Division 4. Robins has transformed them from the Southend game( the worst game and performance I have ever seen) into a team that look like they can win games while playing slick (at times), attacking football. I think Tudgay has had his day but apart from that I would be happy for any of the others to stay. ( not sure about Clarke or Foley and all loans I assume would go back. I would keep Riley if given the chance).

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Keep them all and pay them on a No Win No Fee basis.
That will show um for getting us religated.;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Anybody that says keep Tudgay needs to get themselves checked out.

24 goals since 2011
93 goals in his whole career 15 seasons

Yes I know he will have had lots of games as a sub but there is a reason why he isn't good enough.

M&B Stand

There's plenty of good young hungry players in the conference and conf north and south. In reality, That's the level we're buying from now. It's the new recruitment mans job to find a gem or two, trial them and give them a chance.
You don't need Eden Hazard to do well in L2.

steve82

Added some former players, and some who did ok under Mark Robins who I feel he may go in for again.
In goal Alex Cisak. Leyton Orient, age 27. Been part of a very poor Orient side who's many off the field problems, a huge commanding keeper. Available on a free

Blair Adams, age 25. Useful right back in his time here before and plenty of league game under his belt now. Worth s chance in league two

James Bailey age 28, now at Carlisle United. Mark Robins may well check him out having previously worked with him and looked a useful player if he's still got it. Available on a free.

Blair Thurgott, right/left midfield 12 goals for national league Bromley, age 22. Seems to have hit some form and developed his game since the loan spell he had with us. Available on a free

Marc Richards 9 league goals at Northampton, age 34. Yes 34 but he's a target man and just wins everything punted towards him, proven in league one and two, still going strong played in over 43 games. Plenty still to offer. Available on a free

Chris Dagnal, age 31. 11 league goals now at Crewe, if played with the right squad and given chances to feed off can easily get 20 goals. Another proven league two striker. Available on a free.

So to add to them, Nathan Clarke vital for league two long ball tactics, stokes I feel he may stay to get back up to speed playing regularly again, Bigi should do ok in league two and will stay if he loves the club. George Thomas too I'm hopeful of staying under the guidance of Mark Robins.

---------------Cisak------------------
-****--Clarke(c)--Turnbull---Stokes--
---------Bigirimana---Bailey---------
--GThomas----KThomas----Thurgott---
----------------Dagnall -----------------
Subs RCC, DKE, Haynes, Foley, JJ, Richards, Beavon

-----------------Cisak ----------------
--*****--Clarke(c)--Turnbull--Stokes--
---JJ ------Bigi-----Bailey----Haynes---
---------Dagnall----Richards----------

Subs RCC, DKE, Foley, Thurgott, K Thomas, GThomas. Beavon

Last edited:

stupot07

We can't go into next season with a strike force of
Beavon (33 next month)
Dagnall (31)
Richards (turns 35 in thr summer)

Yes we need some experience but what we need is players between 26-29 who are in their prime not on their way down.

And why would you sign a left footed left back to play right back?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve82

We can't go into next season with a strike force of
Beavon (33 next month)
Dagnall (31)
Richards (turns 35 in thr summer)

Yes we need some experience but what we need is players between 26-29 who are in their prime not on their way down.

And why would you sign a left footed left back to play right back?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Your quite right my mistake, for some unknown reason I had him as a left back. Stand corrected... silly error. Cheers.
As for Chris Dagnall and Marc Richards I don't, both can do a good job in league two and have goals in them still and are doing it.
Marc Richards scored his 10th league goal today and 13th in all competitions and has a league strike rate of a goal in less than every 3 games in league one.
Chris Dagnall is only 31 and has 11 league goals and 14 in all competitions and a league two strike rate of just over 1 in 3 in a piss poor Crewe side.
Two different types of strikers with one very physical, a leader and the other a striker who scored at this level that we desperately need to bounce back and are not gonna be sold at the first attempt and have scored three times the amount each than our leading goal scorer has this year.
Yes it be nice to build for a few seasons and granted Marc Richards ain't likely to do that but we can build to aim to bounce back.

JWC

I know who is keep. Build a team round this lot and I think we'll do alright

Burge/RCC

Haynes, Turnbull, DKE, Willis, Stokes (as a cb)

Bigi, G Thomas, Lameiras

K Thomas, Beavon, Reid, Jones

I'd like Stevenson to stay too but I doubt it. Add some more physical players in and I reckon we've got the makings of a decent league 2 team there. I realise this is highly unrealistic, but whilst we're speculating...

Adge

Burge/RCC

Bigi, G Thomas, Lameiras

I'd like Stevenson to stay too but I doubt it. Add some more physical players in and I reckon we've got the makings of a decent league 2 team there. I realise this is highly unrealistic, but whilst we're speculating...
Jeez! That's the useless bunch of tits that got us relegated!:rolleyes:

skyblue1991

Burge/RCC

Bigi, G Thomas, Lameiras

You are putting our best goal threat in CM?

Hello Russel Slade.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I needed some bedtime reading last night so checked out the average age and height of this seasons top scorers in league two.

Think we need someone around 24/25 and about 1.70m tall (I think this was about what it was. I typed out a new thread with top scorers and assist's but then realised how sad it made me look so didn't bother posting :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

steve82

I needed some bedtime reading last night so checked out the average age and height of this seasons top scorers in league two.

Think we need someone around 24/25 and about 1.70m tall (I think this was about what it was. I typed out a new thread with top scorers and assist's but then realised how sad it made me look so didn't bother posting :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

That's what work time is for... not personal time

Users who are viewing this thread