Planet Earth 2 (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Great new series last night and worth watching again if anybody missed it. But as someone who dislikes snakes there's a part in it where scary Racer snakes go after baby Iguanas who have just hatched. Its like a horror film and shows that nature is gripping and horrific at the same time. Not for the squeamish though !

rd45

Great new series last night and worth watching again if anybody missed it. But as someone who dislikes snakes there's a part in it where scary Racer snakes go after baby Iguanas who have just hatched. Its like a horror film and shows that nature is gripping and horrific at the same time. Not for the squeamish though !

Watched it last night. Those snakes were unreal - the number of them that leapt out from the rocks as soon as they got a sniff.

lifeskyblue

Great programme and with you both re the racer snakes. A real horror show. Glad to see they weren't always successful. And those penguins bloodied and battered in getting to and from the volcanic island...fascinating viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Great programme and with you both re the racer snakes. A real horror show. Glad to see they weren't always successful. And those penguins bloodied and battered in getting to and from the volcanic island...fascinating viewing These nature programmes are awesome and are a must watch. Our world is brutal at times and so is nature/wildlife, in fact it shows how unstable this planet of our is. I've never heard of those snakes before so looked them up,they're constrictors and crush victims first. Iguanas don't stand a chance !

Covstu

Watched this on catch up last night, (fell asleep after a few beers when it was on). Just awe inspiring camera work, cannot believe it was 10 years since the last series. Those snakes were unbelievable, just couldn't believe they could get up the rocks so quickly!

bringbackrattles

Watched this on catch up last night, (fell asleep after a few beers when it was on). Just awe inspiring camera work, cannot believe it was 10 years since the last series. Those snakes were unbelievable, just couldn't believe they could get up the rocks so quickly!
I honestly got spooked seeing those snakes going after the iguana's. Wasn't expecting that !

Johnnythespider

I think David Attenborough could read the phone book and make it sound interesting, he is a broadcasting phenomenon. I watched on catch up last night and those snakes are frighteningly quick but for me it was the "Crazy ants" that got me scratching, I mean anything that has "Crazy" in its name has got to be pretty scary.

Gazolba

Anyone seen "Wilderness Walks with Ray Mears"? It may be an old show but they just started showing it where I live, on some obscure channel.
He goes to a different area of Britain in each episode and explores nature and wildlife and talks to other experts on each particular area.
I don't know how many episodes there are but I must have seen around twenty so far.
The last episode I saw he went to a mountain in Snowdonia where the only known location of some rare flower is.
It's a great show if you are into nature and wildlife.
Ray-Mears.jpg

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Anyone seen "Wilderness Walks with Ray Mears"? It may be an old show but they just started showing it where I live, on some obscure channel.
He goes to a different area of Britain in each episode and explores nature and wildlife and talks to other experts on each particular area.
I don't know how many episodes there are but I must have seen around twenty so far.
The last episode I saw he went to a mountain in Snowdonia where the only known location of some rare flower is.
View attachment 5933
Just watched Richard Parks on BBC 2 he's an extreme explorer and takes on tough challenges. Tonight he was caving in his native Wales and he's worth checking out. Love these programmes as I'm into the great outdoors,but these people like Mears and Bear Grylls are superstars.

mrtrench

Oooooooooooh the disappointment. I thought Duran Duran had a new single.

bringbackrattles

View attachment 5933
Just letting you know that Richard Parks is on 7.30 on BBC 2 tonight. Worth a watch.

Gazolba

Just watched Richard Parks on BBC 2 he's an extreme explorer and takes on tough challenges. Tonight he was caving in his native Wales and he's worth checking out. Love these programmes as I'm into the great outdoors,but these people like Mears and Bear Grylls are superstars.
Have you ever looked at this website:
http://www.britishwalks.org/
It will keep you amused for hours, weeks or months.

dancers lance

I will be truly heart broken when Sir Dave departs this mortal coil, we need to have a national day of mourning and a state funeral, minus the religious bullshit he has no time for.

rd45

Watched on catch up last night, they're going to run out of superlatives to describe this show, absolutely astonishing television.

As far as I can tell, HD telly was invented just so we could see that eagle's eyelid flicker across his eye. You could basically freeze the picture at any given moment, frame it & hang it on your wall. The ibex on the edge of the cliff. The flamingos. It's a work of art.

bringbackrattles

Felt a bit sorry for the fox though as he was hungry but the Ibex were too fast and elusive,and to add to his misery he got divebombed by birds. As Attenborough said he was was having one of those days.We've all had them !

Covstu

Its just a wonderful programme, looks great and you get to fully appreciate the work that goes behind creating such as series. Just amazing to what how it all happens for 20 seconds of TV.

Hats off to them all

clint van damme

Another great episode last night.

How the hell did they manage to film the see through frog fighting off the wasps? The detail was incredible.

bringbackrattles

How the hell did they manage to film the see through frog fighting off the wasps? The detail was incredible.
On five live earlier the producer and a cameraman were on the radio taking questions etc on the programme. The producer liked those snakes the best ! He said they weren't prepared for seeing them,and were amazed at how many there were. I love the Snow Leopards and that Jaguar last night kill the Croc was awesome. How he went for the Crocs head and held on !

lifeskyblue

Yes considering the size of the frog it was amazing clarity. I think the relatively poor section on the dolphins highlighted the real difficulty in getting pictures and a story. For me that section really showed the dedication, the luck and the skill that goes into making this superb programme. Just a few minutes is worth the license fee alone.
As for the sequence of the male jaguar taking on a Cayman...how on earth did they get that? The inhospitable situation andthe luck of it happening just where the camera was. Phenomenal.

clint van damme

Just goes to show, that even the caymans, pretty much top of the food chain around there, weren't 100% safe.

How did they deduce that the millipedes couldn't see red? Was it purely by the fact that they didn't try to get out of the way of that caterpillar type predator with the red head?!

lifeskyblue

Just goes to show, that even the caymans, pretty much top of the food chain around there, weren't 100% safe.

How did they deduce that the millipedes couldn't see red? Was it purely by the fact that they didn't try to get out of the way of that caterpillar type predator with the red head?!

I'd forgotten about the millipedes...just goes to show how much is in each programme

Covstu

Excellent episode and goes to show how important the rainforests are to the earth with frightening figures around deforestation.

Just an amazing programme

Users who are viewing this thread