Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody want to get them going? :)

Otis

RCC - 7. Very commanding and kicking was good. Did fumble a couple of crosses though

DKE - 9. Outstanding. Fought, battled, harried, tackled. It was clear Wycombe targeted him but it simply didn't pay off for them. MOTM.

Harries - 6.5. Shaky in the first half, but some good clearances and tackles from him and he stood his ground against the very physical Wycombe side.

Turnbull - 8. Rock solid. No nonsense. The player we want him to be.

Haynes - 7. Some fantastic blocks and last ditch tackling. Supported the attack well too.

Thomas - 7.5. Never stopped, never gave in. Always available and some good movement. Well taken goal.

Rose - 6. Worked hard, but for me he didn't contribute enough.

Reilly - 7.5. Magnificent in the first half. Faded a little, but really dug his heels in and fought for every ball.

Reid - 5. 5 for the wonderful cross. Would have been a 2 or a 3 otherwise.

Tudgay - 6.5. Worked incredibly hard and put his body on the line.

Beavon - 7. Such an intelligent player and took his goal very well. Shame he had to go off. We lost our shape after that.

Special mention to Jones too who ran the channels very well and gave us some respite from the desperate defending. - 7

stevefloyd

Agree with that to an extent, but I would give everyone at least a 6, Reid really battled for the cause tonight...looked a little stupid on a couple of occasions but his sublime cross to Thomas marks him up for me, thought Tudgay had a good 1st half but was woeful towards the end, real Shame Beavon had to go off because our attacking threat went with him. Rose was scared to death and pulled out of a few challenges, never seen him win a header but you still rate him higher than Reid who provided the pass for the 2nd goal Otis

Otis

Agree with that to an extent, but I would give everyone at least a 6, Reid really battled for the cause tonight...looked a little stupid on a couple of occasions but his sublime cross to Thomas marks him up for me, thought Tudgay had a good 1st half but was woeful towards the end, real Shame Beavon had to go off because our attacking threat went with him. Rose was scared to death and pulled out of a few challenges, never seen him win a header but you still rate him higher than Reid who provided the pass for the 2nd goal Otis
Yeah, but for me, Reid did that one sublime cross and absolutely nothing else.

Great_Expectations

Reid's performance tonight was exemplified him as a player; moments of brilliance (the assist) but a lot more moments of nothingness or mistakes or frustration. He has the natural ability, but doesn't seem to want to always display it.

I thought Rose was poor - he's in the team for his height and physicality, but I don't think he won one header tonight.

Depsite that, I mentioned on the match thread, they all showed great passion, commitment and desire tonight - all attributes we ask for as fans.

Special mentions to DKE, Turnbull, Thomas and Tudgay.

rob9872

All opinions of course but I was still really frustrated with JJ. Went down like a fairy, ran into trouble, booted it nowhere a couple of times when he could have held it and as usual no end product.

Skyblueweeman

RCC - 7. Very commanding and kicking was good. Did fumble a couple of crosses though

DKE - 9. Outstanding. Fought, battled, harried, tackled. It was clear Wycombe targeted him but it simply didn't pay off for them. MOTM.

Harries - 6.5. Shaky in the first half, but some good clearances and tackles from him and he stood his ground against the very physical Wycombe side.

Haynes - 7. Some fantastic blocks and last ditch tackling. Supported the attack well too.

Thomas - 7.5. Never stopped, never gave in. Always available and some good movement. Well taken goal.

Reilly - 7.5. Magnificent in the first half. Faded a little, but really dug his heels in and fought for every ball.

Beavon - 7. Such an intelligent player and took his goal very well. Shame he had to go off. We lost our shape after that.

Special mention to Jones too who ran the channels very well and gave us some respite from the desperate defending. - 7

Pretty much agree with all of this Otis. I'd maybe give Harries another mark as well as Rose but take one of Tudgay.

I thought he offered nothing. At times didn't challenge when he could've.

The back 4 were on the whole, alright tonight. DKE was great, proper committed.

And your spot on about Reid. I thought he was woeful but the cross was spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

RCC 6
DKE 8
Turnbull 8
Harries 7
Haynes 7
G Thomas 8
Reilly 8
Rose 5
Reid 7
Tudgay 5
Beavon 7

Agree, maybe nudge Tudgay up who covered a lot of ground for a man of his age and playing style. I don't rate Rose either but he put himself about, he's a very poor footballer but never question his commitment.
Reilly and Thomas were great as was Beavon before he went off, had he stayed on we would have won comfortably.

georgehudson

Congratulations to all involved, that was wonderful to see, if not a little bit of a nailbiter towards the end.
A special mention though to the CCFC supporters who gave their team so much support.
PUSB

Skyblueloyal

Tudgay 5 at best but the others 100% agreement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stupot07

RCC 8
DKE 8
Harries 7
Turnbull 7
Haynes 7
Thomas 8
Rose 7
Reilly 7
Reid 6
Tudguy 6
Beavon 7

Jones 7
Finch 6

I'm probably being overgenerous given we got out played for 70 of thr 90 mins, but bonus points for working hard and never given up, but seriously lacking quality - special mentions to DKE and Thomas who were both outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

Agree, maybe nudge Tudgay up who covered a lot of ground for a man of his age and playing style. I don't rate Rose either but he put himself about, he's a very poor footballer but never question his commitment.
Reilly and Thomas were great as was Beavon before he went off, had he stayed on we would have won comfortably.

We finally saw what Reilly can offer in a game last night. What a change.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Agree with all although feel you're being slightly harsh on Harries who i thought dealt with the threat very well all game. Also agree that Reid would have been about a 2 had it not been for that ball... Slightly concerning that i thought it was Haynes until I read stuff online afterwards. I mean I knew my eyes were bad, but that's another level!

Nick

Administrator
Reid was frustrating. He would have a flash of brilliance and then just be shite.

That bit where he fell over reminded me of this.

giphy.gif

olderskyblue

I agree he gave everything, problem was his everything was not good enough. We needed an outlet and someone to hold the ball up in the 2nd half.
he did not do this at all.

Ah, you mean the 2nd half when clearances were not even reaching him, or going straight to a Wycombe player. Or maybe it was the 2 flicks that nearly put Thomas clear through twice...? Were you at the match, or watched on TV? Just wondering if it looked different for the armchair viewers, or maybe it's just me, but I thought he had a decent game.

olderskyblue

Reid was frustrating. He would have a flash of brilliance and then just be shite.

That bit where he fell over reminded me of this.

giphy.gif

That cross from Reid has to be one of the best crosses we've seen from the City in many a year?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tudgay did work hard I agree but offered very little. I normally rate him a 3/4 so I marked him up for work rate last night

ajsccfc

I think we might have been in some real trouble if it wasn't for Jones who really helped relieve the pressure, and got his foot in a few times too. He's missed his calling as a wingback.

lifeskyblue

There wasn't one city player that didn't up their game last night. All responded positively to the occasion and all contributed.
I think the keeper and defence did incredibly well second half as they were under the cosh for 45mins and after the opening 15mins dealt with akinfenwa well. The midfield were quite creative first half and in the second rolled their sleeves up and grafted. Yes Reid can be a bit hit n miss but his cross and his work rate was excellent. Also he always looked for the ball and helped relieve pressure. Tudgay did tire but again he gave everything and did keep talking to and cajoling the youngsters.
This season we have collapsed under pressure. Last night we stood up to it and fought for everything. I can't criticise players cos they just are not good enough but I can when they don't give their all. Last night, unlike most of this season, I have nothing to criticise any player for.

PUSB

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread