Player ratings (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Burge - 7 - didn't have much to do but did well when called upon
Grimmer - 6 - some very good moments and some dreadful moments. You can see why he is in L2.
Willis - 6 - did ok. Could be a bit more intelligent on the ball.
McDonald - 8 - defence looks so much more assured when he is in there. Not sure he deserved the red card. My first reaction was that the red card was unwarranted but need to see the replay. Will be a big miss in our next game.
Stokes - 6 - Not sure what's gone wrong. Doesn't look the same player as before his injury.
Kelly - 6 - ok, nothing special
Doyle - 6 - doesn't impact the game enough but good to have a vocal presence in the middle.
Vincenti - 7 - his best game for us so far (as noted by Robins in his post-match comments). Would have given him a higher rating but for his suicidal back pass which almost resulted in an equalizer.
Andreu - 5 - didn't hold the ball up, didn't create much, not impressed today.
Jones - 8 - outstanding. If we could get another forward who is this good we would easily get promoted.
McNulty - 6 - did his normal stuff for the first half an hour before being subbed. Ran around, looked skillful but ultimately doesn't look to be a threat.

Nazon - 6 - offers something different. In particular he is better than Beavon and McNulty at making the ball stick up front. However, he also has some bad moments.
Davies - 5 - not on long enough to be very noticeable.
Beavon - 5 - simply not good enough. Made a couple of decent interceptions but nothing else.

Robins - 6 - yes we won but Port Vale are the worst team we have played this season. Our forward line lacks goals and we are over-reliant on Jones. Robins was a great forward himself, so it's strange he didn't talent spot someone who is better than McNulty, Biamou, etc. Maybe a finances issue?

Last edited:

Otis

Grimmer - 6 - some very good moments and some dreadful moments. You can see why he is in L2.
McDonald - 8 - defence looks so much more assured when he is in there. Not sure he deserved the red card. My first reaction was that the red card was unwarranted but need to see the replay. Will be a big miss in our next game.
Stokes - 6 - Not sure what's gone wrong. Doesn't look the same player as before his injury.
Doyle - 6 - doesn't impact the game enough but good to have a vocal presence in the middle.
Vincenti - 7 - his best game for us so far (as noted by Robins in his post-match comments). Would have given him a higher rating but for his suicidal back pass which almost resulted in an equalizer.
Jones - 8 - outstanding. If we could get another forward who is this good we would easily get promoted.
McNulty - 6 - did his normal stuff for the first half an hour before being subbed. Ran around, looked skillful but ultimately doesn't look to be a threat.

Nazon - 6 - offers something different. In particular he is better than Beavon and McNulty at making the ball stick up front. However, he also has some bad moments.

Robins - 6 - yes we won but Port Vale are the worst team we have played this season. Our forward line lacks goals and we are over-reliant on Jones. Robins was a great forward himself, so it's strange he didn't talent spot someone who is better than McNulty, Biamou, etc. Maybe a finances issue?
Pretty much agree with all those ratings.

You missed Beavon out though. I thought he did well when he came on.

skybluepm2

Beavon - 5 - simply not good enough. Made a couple of decent interceptions but nothing else.

Agree with all of that

stupot07

Burge 8
Grimmer 6
Willis 6
McDonald 7
Stokes 6
Doyle 5
Kelly 6
Vincenti 7
Andreu 5
Jones 8
McNulty 6

Sub's
Beavon 6
Nazon 5
Davies 5

I've probably over marked a few based on us clinging on at the end

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stupot07

Pretty much agree with all those ratings.

You missed Beavon out though. I thought he did well when he came on.
I thought Beavon did well too. I thought we missed his intelligence when he went off.

better days

Couldn't get to the match as just home from holiday but Carl Baker was doing the commentary and said we needed to get the ball to Jones more as he was a constant threat
Looks like Pontichelli may get a chance on Tuesday based on injuries today. I guess Beavon and The Duke might start but Ponti would be first forward change from the bench. DKE may feature from the start if Grimmer is out

Greggs

Burge - 8
Grimmer - 7 .
Willis - 7
McDonald - 7
Stokes - 7
Kelly - 6 -
Doyle - 6 -
Vincenti - 7 -
Andreu - 5 -
Jones - 7
McNulty - 4

Nazon - 5
Davies - 5
Beavon - 5

pastythegreat

Beavon 5? Couple of interceptions but nothing else? Apart from a shot on target that forced a good save from the keeper and lifted one over the keeper almost scoring and injuring the keeper at the same time! But done nothing??

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

I didn't think Beavon was too bad today to be honest, he deserved to be dropped as he was dreadful last weekend.

He was unlucky not to score when he lobbed the keeper

stupot07

Beavon 5? Couple of interceptions but nothing else? Apart from a shot on target that forced a good save from the keeper and lifted one over the keeper almost scoring and injuring the keeper at the same time! But done nothing??

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
And the lovely lay off header for Kelly's chance.

Grendel

I would say Burge, stokes, Jones McDonald, Kelly and Vincenti deserved 7.

Grimmer, Beavon 6

Willis mcnulty andreu and Nazon 5

Doyle - 4

covcity4life

Burge 7 for the big save at end.

Stokes 6
Macdobald 6
Willis 6
Grimmer 6
Doyle 6
Kelly 6
Vicente 6.5