Players contracts (1 Viewer)

ccfclinney

Following players out of contract this summer. This is who I would keep and let go others thoughts ?

Burge - new contract
Gadzhev - gone done nothing since came in
Bigi - new contract (make skipper if Willis goes)
Rose - new contract
Tudguy - gone
Clarke - undecided ? Maybe 1 year on right money
Lameiras- maybe one year contract.
Stokes - new deal
George Thomas - new deal
Finch- gone
Dion Kelly Evans - new deal

Also Kyel Reid 2018. I think he will be a top earner and I would lay him off

others thoughts ?

Gazolba

Following players out of contract this summer. This is who I would keep and let go others thoughts ?

<snip>
Gadzhev - gone done nothing since came in
<snip>

others thoughts ?
Gadzhev has only played 12 league games. Has been massively underutilized for an international player.
He did score in an early round of the EFL trophy. Without his goal we may not have reached the final.
He can score goals from midfield, something none of our current midfielders can do.

skybluecam

Gadzhev has only played 12 league games. Has been massively underutilized for an international player.
He did score in an early round of the EFL trophy. Without his goal we may not have reached the final.
He can score goals from midfield, something none of our current midfielders can do.
Gadzhev has to go. He will be on decent money and isn't fit often enough. Doesn't look like a world beater when he is either.

I would get rid of Burge as well. If we want to go up we need to recruit some quality and a good keeper can be worth a decent amount of points over a season.

D

Deleted member 2477

Proven league 2 striker is a must. Evident again today the lack of players who can make runs and score

chiefdave

Agree with most of that but I'd probably let Lameiras and Clarke go as well. I'll go with Robin's judgement on Reid. He seems a different player under the new manager but may well be too expensive to keep.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'd like us to keep Beavon, George and Kwayme Thomas, Stokes, of which I think are realistic. George may get interest but he's far from the finished article and since he's classed as a striker his return rate may put interested parties off.

I'd also hope that we'd try to keep Stevenson and Willis but can see them moving on.

Bigi is an odd one for me. He should be too good for L2, but I'm not sure there will be many clubs interested. Plus he clearly loves it here. Aslong as he gets shown what kit we are going to be wearing before the season kicks off, he could be a useful player for us.

The two keepers are tough to decide between.

Turnbull is under contract, right? As posted in another thread, he needs an old head alongside him otherwise he's dodgy!

Clarke id let go. Too long ball for my liking

Reid I'd let go. Should be an asset in L2 but should have been an asset in this league and he's been very disappointing

Next season will be a massive season for Jones! Today showed his good and his bad sides; shall I cross? Shall I shoot? Shall I just hit it and see what happens? Ok, let's do that!!

Foley - bye bye

Tudgay has to go, right?

Ruben? It's not worked for him. Bye bye

Lots of positions to fill for next season if we're to make any impact in L2!

rexo87

contracted players
RCC - Keep - feel he has potential and as he is currently under contract id keep him here
Willis - Keep - Versatile, strong and after a full pre-season might be able to manage a full 90 mins. Can see him being bought though
Turnbull - Keep - Played well since Christmas and still young
Jones - Keep - will be a very good player once he matures
Reid - Keep - Very frustrating but on his day unplayable. Good competition with Jones for LM position
Kwame - Undecided - Has some ability but seems erratic. Possible rotation striker for next year.
Beavon - Keep - Not a lot of talent but is tireless in getting the team up the pitch. Could be very useful in league 2
Harries - Sell - Although he has excellent player think we should cash in as if we had to sell one player out of willis, Stevenson etc. he would have the least impact
Stevenson - Keep - Far too good for league 2 and would love it if we managed to keep him - top footballer.
Other players - Sayoud, Addai, Maycock, Shipley, Whitmore, Leahy - will all probably be kept as they have 1 year remaining and don't see much point in releasing them now. Cant see many of them pushing their way into the 1st team and think they will be released at end of 2017-18 season. This years u18 will overtake them and are better footballer imo. Bayliss, Ponticelli, Ford, Thompson, Hickman and Camwell have all got a great chance of breaking through as early as next season.

Non contacted
Burge - Release - Harsh but I think we could do with an experienced keeper as no.1
Stokes - Keep - useful player and never lets you down at either left or centre back
Bigi - Keep - Better than league 2 but I can see him signing
Rose - Release - Not a fan and deteriorated under Slade as most did
Clarke - Release - Scared of any quick striker - get rid
Lameiras - Undecided - Frustrating but has looked better last few games and is better in the no.10 position
Gadshev - Release - Has been very disappointing after the hype before the season
Tudgay - Release - Legs have gone although some of the abuse he gets in unwarranted
Foley - Release - no explanation needed
Haynes - Keep - Has become better defensively under Robins and when plays down left with Reid looks a threat going forward.
Finch - Release - finally his contracts up
G. Thomas - Keep - vital we keep him, could be a struggle
Dion - Keep - Love him but the fact Foley played ahead of him may mean he'll want out (I would do)
Spence - Keep - looks like he has potential so if there is any surplus funds would keep.

Realistic 11 next season
New GK
Willis New CB Turnbull Haynes
Bigi New CM
G.Thomas Jones Reid
Beavon

Need
Experienced keeper
2 new CB
1-2 CM
1-2 RM
2 strikers
Would prefer that apart from the keeper the majority of new signings come from non league rather than championship has beens.

Skybluefaz

Never seen him look effective when he's been on the pitch, in recent weeks Bigi, Lameiras, Reid and G.Thomas have gotten on the scoresheet from midfield. Stevenson is more than capable of scoring 5+ goals from midfield too

skybluecam

contracted players
RCC - Keep - feel he has potential and as he is currently under contract id keep him here
Willis - Keep - Versatile, strong and after a full pre-season might be able to manage a full 90 mins. Can see him being bought though
Reid - Keep - Very frustrating but on his day unplayable. Good competition with Jones for LM position
Kwame - Undecided - Has some ability but seems erratic. Possible rotation striker for next year.
Beavon - Keep - Not a lot of talent but is tireless in getting the team up the pitch. Could be very useful in league 2
Harries - Sell - Although he has excellent player think we should cash in as if we had to sell one player out of willis, Stevenson etc. he would have the least impact
Stevenson - Keep - Far too good for league 2 and would love it if we managed to keep him - top footballer.
Other players - Sayoud, Addai, Maycock, Shipley, Whitmore, Leahy - will all probably be kept as they have 1 year remaining and don't see much point in releasing them now. Cant see many of them pushing their way into the 1st team and think they will be released at end of 2017-18 season. This years u18 will overtake them and are better footballer imo. Bayliss, Ponticelli, Ford, Thompson, Hickman and Camwell have all got a great chance of breaking through as early as next season.

Non contacted
Burge - Release - Harsh but I think we could do with an experienced keeper as no.1
Stokes - Keep - useful player and never lets you down at either left or centre back
Lameiras - Undecided - Frustrating but has looked better last few games and is better in the no.10 position
Gadshev - Release - Has been very disappointing after the hype before the season
Tudgay - Release - Legs have gone although some of the abuse he gets in unwarranted
Haynes - Keep - Has become better defensively under Robins and when plays down left with Reid looks a threat going forward.
Dion - Keep - Love him but the fact Foley played ahead of him may mean he'll want out (I would do)
Spence - Keep - looks like he has potential so if there is any surplus funds would keep.

Realistic 11 next season
New GK
Bigi New CM
G.Thomas Jones Reid
Beavon

Need
Experienced keeper
2 new CB
1-2 CM
1-2 RM
2 strikers
Would prefer that apart from the keeper the majority of new signings come from non league rather than championship has beens.

Surely if we keep Stevenson he has to start next year?

oucho

Just like last season, there are several who have mostly under-performed for us but who have got some ticks in the "credit" column, whereby if you're inclined to be lenient you might give them the benefit of the doubt - Ruben, Reid and Clarke all fall into that category. It all depends on how ruthless MR wants to be, and also how confident he is about being able to recruit more effective players.

SkyBlueRuffian

contracted players

Non contacted

Realistic 11 next season
New GK
Bigi New CM
G.Thomas Jones Reid
Beavon

Need
Experienced keeper
2 new CB
1-2 CM
1-2 RM
2 strikers
I can guarantee you that Willis will be sold this summer.

better days

It's utterly ridiculous to argue Lameries deserves a new contract
He played well at Wembley. Wouldn't be surprised if he heads to a southern European league. He's a Londoner but his family are originally from Portugal so he might be up for it

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Keep DKE, Stokes, G Thomas, Willis, Bigi, . The rest can go.
The likes of Lamieres simply aren't good enough for the Vauxhall Conference, or whatever it's called now. He looks , to his credit, very symmetrical in his lovely sweat bands, which he probably thinks makes him look good.

steve82

Out of contract:
L Burge - likely offered a deal, tho I'd rather a experienced keeper. Been better recently, Budget will dictate this one.
C Stokes - should be offered a deal, tho will he sign?
R Haynes - offered deal for sure.
D Kelly-Evans - offered deal.....
J Finch - likely released...
G Bigirimana - offered deal, looks consistently better under MR, tho still does silly things.
V Ghadzev - released, not settled or shown enough his cv suggests.
A Rose - released for me. May as well be 5'5" for how he uses his body.
I Lawton - cannot call this one, likely released to a likely uproar as he's under the tag of "one of our own" and "bleeds for the club" needs to get out and show it on the pitch to believe it...
R Lameries - released, will be no good for where we're heading. Will be ineffective on league two pitches.
G Thomas - offered deal 100%. Adding goals to his game now, be a question of if he accepts.... compensation waiting if not
M Tudgay - released...
N Clarke - offered a deal, been a vital experienced head at the back in recent weeks. Lacks pace but deals with the big target men well and wins everything in the air.
K Foley - cannot call this one, MR has used him recently and seems to prefer experience.
Players leaving:
Willis - sold
Harries - sold
Stevenson - sold
(Budget had to come from somewhere....)
Reid - offered a free transfer to get off the books.
17/18 team....
---------------******------------------
-*****--Clarke(c)--Turnbull---Stokes--
---------Bigirimana---*****---------
--GThomas----KThomas----******----
----------------****** -----------------
RCC, DKE, Haynes, *****, JJ, Beavon, Ponticelli.....
Let's not forget that most of this side have not been up to standard this season. A skeleton side can be made but new additions are a must. A experienced keeper is a must, Clarke retaining to win everything in the air and a quick partner or Turnbull. A midfielder grafter/battler who will motivate and drag a side through games. A target man/natural goal scorer who can add height physicality to feed both George and Kwame and a striker like Chris Dagnal, a proven striker in league two. Goals is a must to get out. We need to fire 70+ goals to reach the top 7.

dongonzalos

contracted players

Non contacted

Realistic 11 next season
New GK
Bigi New CM
G.Thomas Jones Reid
Beavon

Need
Experienced keeper
2 new CB
1-2 CM
1-2 RM
2 strikers

Very good post Rex

dongonzalos

Out of contract:
L Burge - likely offered a deal, tho I'd rather a experienced keeper. Been better recently, Budget will dictate this one.
C Stokes - should be offered a deal, tho will he sign?
R Haynes - offered deal for sure.
D Kelly-Evans - offered deal.....
J Finch - likely released...
G Bigirimana - offered deal, looks consistently better under MR, tho still does silly things.
V Ghadzev - released, not settled or shown enough his cv suggests.
A Rose - released for me. May as well be 5'5" for how he uses his body.
I Lawton - cannot call this one, likely released to a likely uproar as he's under the tag of "one of our own" and "bleeds for the club" needs to get out and show it on the pitch to believe it...
R Lameries - released, will be no good for where we're heading. Will be ineffective on league two pitches.
G Thomas - offered deal 100%. Adding goals to his game now, be a question of if he accepts.... compensation waiting if not
M Tudgay - released...
N Clarke - offered a deal, been a vital experienced head at the back in recent weeks. Lacks pace but deals with the big target men well and wins everything in the air.
K Foley - cannot call this one, MR has used him recently and seems to prefer experience.
Players leaving:
Willis - sold
Harries - sold
Stevenson - sold
(Budget had to come from somewhere....)
Reid - offered a free transfer to get off the books.
17/18 team....
---------------******------------------
-*****--Clarke(c)--Turnbull---Stokes--
---------Bigirimana---*****---------
--GThomas----KThomas----******----
----------------****** -----------------
RCC, DKE, Haynes, *****, JJ, Beavon, Ponticelli.....
Let's not forget that most of this side have not been up to standard this season. A skeleton side can be made but new additions are a must. A experienced keeper is a must, Clarke retaining to win everything in the air and a quick partner or Turnbull. A midfielder grafter/battler who will motivate and drag a side through games. A target man/natural goal scorer who can add height physicality to feed both George and Kwame and a striker like Chris Dagnal, a proven striker in league two. Goals is a must to get out. We need to fire 70+ goals to reach the top 7.

Good post

steve82

I'm still not sure about k Thomas, he might be ok in league 2.

He's quite physical in some of his games we seen, and shown some ability. Maybe with a full preseason behind him he may be better and sharper for it.
Has the pace and ability to me to handle league two, and he's under contract for anther 12 months.
MR needs to asses his striking options tho. We need goals to get out of league two. Does Kwame, Beavon and George if he stays have enough in them alone? I see 35 ish there (12,15,8) we need another 35 goals based on this seasons league two top 7 from somewhere unless one or two has a wonder season.
To me we need another striker or two. Ponticelli may be a option but I'd develop him more in u21's. Players like Chris Dagnall. Reuben Reid are out of contract, a target man type too. Charlton proved how vital a target man is as a outlet when your struggling to play out.
We need more goals and options too.

Users who are viewing this thread