Players who signed but never played a game (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

So far I've got:

Robert Jarni
Rory Donnelly
Che Bunce
Rafael Gonzalez Robles
Donovan Simmonds
Richard Spong
Walter Zebbalos
Andreas Dahl

stupot07

Is it just first team games?

We signed Sprong as a 15/16 year old as one for the future and to be part of the academy, we could include hundreds of players in that bracket.....I vote for Daniel Sturridge.. ;)

I think it would be fairer to only include those that were signed to be part of the senior squad, the likes of Jarni, Donnelly, & Bunce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Joy Division

We signed Prong as a 15/16 year old as one for the future and to be part of the academy, we could include hundreds of players in that bracket.....I vote for Daniel Sturridge.. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Prong :)

no_loyalty

Jay Bothroyd, he was that lazy I would class him as never playing a game

henry the wasp

Did Zebbalos not play? I remember the Peruvian left back played for us, it was a heavy defeat at Anfield on a Sunday. Ah, it was Guerrero.

The players name was Walter Zevallos. He signed the same time as Zuniga.
At the time we were using Rene Houseman (Argentinian world cup winner) as our South American agent. Also at the time the Home office were looking into Houseman for dealing in fake European passports. So Zevallos never even made it into the country, let alone play.
I think Zuniga even claimed houseman nicked his signing on fee.
Guerrero came to the club around the same time as jairo Martinez I think.

Last edited:

torchomatic

About 47 Hondurans. Thanks Mr Richardson.

torchomatic

Remember being at Bradford though when he scored a cracker.

Jay Bothroyd, he was that lazy I would class him as never playing a game

torchomatic

He was bloody brilliant. Remember seeing him playing in a pre-season friendly at Racing Club Warwick. He was immense, so skilful. Did he get glandular fever or something that knackered him out?

Dougie mcguire. Came on in last minutes vs Arsenal but never touched the ball.

Terry Gibson's perm

He was bloody brilliant. Remember seeing him playing in a pre-season friendly at Racing Club Warwick. He was immense, so skilful. Did he get glandular fever or something that knackered him out?

I think he did it can be a difficult thing to get over.

rob9872

ADZ and Julian Darby

Terry Gibson's perm

Although he played a few they are easily forgotten the man who must have worn a highway mans mask to pick up his wages I give you Keith O'neil.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm sure Donavon simmonds scored a belter in a friendly at the Ricoh but I can't remember who it was against
It was on a Saturday night

Terry Gibson's perm

According to Wiki we paid £2m for Gioacchini. Oddly, I looked him up on there last night.

That is worrying that you looked and that we paid any money but one if the reasons we got into a terrible state.

i am amazed that he ever played I must have missed it

Users who are viewing this thread