Pochettino announced as Spurs boss (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don't even rate them that highly. Yes, he had a great crop of players to work with at Southampton, but I think most were already there before his arrival.

Got them off to a good start, but that soon dwindled.

Don't think it's a good appointment for Spurs. But as I don't particularly like a Spurs, I hope they do cramp under him :)

chiefdave

What's happening at Southampton highlights a problem with the PL. It seems that most of their top players will also be leaving along with Pochettino. How are they supposed to build on this successful season when 'bigger' clubs, some of whom finished lower than them, can come along and pick off their manager and players?

xcraigx

A bit of a risky move by Spurs imo. I'm probably being a little harsh on some PL teams here but outside of the top 7 there's a load of clubs similar in stature and someone's got to finish 8th. Soton were best of a mediocre bunch.

With Levy not being the most patient, a 5 year deal + compo to Soton could end up costing them quite a bit of cash 12 months down the line.

RFC

I don't even rate them that highly. Yes, he had a great crop of players to work with at Southampton, but I think most were already there before his arrival.

Got them off to a good start, but that soon dwindled.

Don't think it's a good appointment for Spurs. But as I don't particularly like a Spurs, I hope they do cramp under him :)

Totally agree, well spotted.

No longer a level playing field, unfortunately!

Grendel

Managers and players leaving to go for more money?

Don't Southampton know how to run a club properly?

Covstu

For Pochettino it will be a test but ultimately he needed that move for his career to prove he can do it. I think he found out that his team was just about to be sold from underneath him so you cannot blame him for looking for a new challenge.

He did well at Southampton and I think he pushed them onto the next stage but they will never be anything more than a mid table team.

As of spurs, they have no chance of making the top 4 which is ultimately the only objective Levy will give him. With Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and United the competition for places in the CL is too great.

Dont worry Southampton fans, it could be worse. SISU could have bought you and you'd probably be in the Conferance by now. Pochettino was my pick for the United job. Great manager. Southampton play very attractive football and he can do nothing but good for a team like Spurs. Sell the crap players AVB brought in with the Bale money, bring in some decent yung talent like Shaw and Lallana, maybe bring Caulker back, and i think Spurs can push for top 4 next season

turlykerd

Martin jol did well and was sacked...even though I'm not keen on harry he did well and was sacked...timmeh did well and was sacked too....levy looking for instant success and fails to see the long term bigger picture...spurs are the villa of London IMO always thinking they are bigger than they are and deserving to win cause they had a good team once

J

Jack Griffin

What are the odds for Southampton to be relegated next season? Lost manager & Lambert, probably Lallana & Shaw too.

stupot07

Martin jol did well and was sacked...even though I'm not keen on harry he did well and was sacked...timmeh did well and was sacked too....levy looking for instant success and fails to see the long term bigger picture...spurs are the villa of London IMO always thinking they are bigger than they are and deserving to win cause they had a good team once

Avb has the best win ratio of all the modern era tottenham managers and was sacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

turlykerd

Avb has the best win ratio of all the modern era tottenham managers and was sacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I didn't realize that......

I thought Tim had the best ?

Doesn't matter though... They all get sacked unless they win a trophy.

Some teams have no idea how good they've got it do they ?

And I.also agree that poch inherited a team and slowly began to fuck them up , now he's off .

I didn't like the way they treated Nigel Atkins as I felt most of the work and infrastructure was his .

Spurs sold their best player and brought in like 5 pricey mediocre replacements. Your best bet is to sign 1 or 2 star players who can actually make a differance. New striker defo needed. Soldado is horse shit

Users who are viewing this thread