Pompey Fans Gain Ownership (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

My brother is well happy with this and they deserve it, had a lot of crap over the last few years..

hill83

Fair play to them.

I'd shit myself if we got in control of our club. We'd have Eric Black up front, Jimmy Hill in midfield and 80 people fighting over a spot on the bench.

kingharvest

Brilliant news - good for them, i really hope they make it work and get out of where they are. Hopefully the start of something bigger in terms of ownership of football clubs in this country. (That's not to discredit those who have already done this - but Portsmouth are the highest profile club so far).

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good Luck to them. Hope it brings some stability to their club for a change. Wish them well

Fair play to them.

I'd shit myself if we got in control of our club. We'd have Eric Black up front, Jimmy Hill in midfield and 80 people fighting over a spot on the bench.

And thats not even mentioning the people who would want to be on the board!!!

Jackoskyblue

Apparently they won't get a 10 point deduction as they had one last season, you only get a 2nd deduction when it carry's on into a third season. That's my understanding of it, if anyone can confirm that

SkyBlue_Bear83

Apparently they won't get a 10 point deduction as they had one last season, you only get a 2nd deduction when it carry's on into a third season. That's my understanding of it, if anyone can confirm that
I think the 10 point is for something to do with coming out of administration. From what I heard and read the league rules mean a club can't stay in admin entering a third season, if they don't come out of admin before the beginning of next season they are finished as a club.

letsallsingtogether

Good just goes to show what a trust can do when they are united, will never happen here as their are to many fans that are only interested in slagging off anything good anyone tries to do!!!

I hope I am wrong.................

LJC_CCFC

Pompey only have themselves to blame for the position they are in...overspending then administration, then overspend again and administration again...maybe not fair on the fans but a club run like this should be made an example of

stupot07

Pompey only have themselves to blame for the position they are in...overspending then administration, then overspend again and administration again...maybe not fair on the fans but a club run like this should be made an example of

Like us? .

letsallsingtogether

Like us? .
The difference is we overspent by getting rid of managers then paying them off.

We have had more money in then out when it comes to transfers plus its our first time in Admin

stupot07

The difference is we overspent by getting rid of managers then paying them off.

We have had more money in then out when it comes to transfers plus its our first time in Admin
I'm talking historically, this mess started years ago, Richardson taking a 'punt', we were what £60m in debt when we relegated? Couldn't afford to finish building the Ricoh.

There has been decades of financial mis-management by successive boards before the sisu debacle.

letsallsingtogether

I'm talking historically, this mess started years ago, Richardson taking a 'punt', we were what £60m in debt when we relegated? Couldn't afford to finish building the Ricoh.

There has been decades of financial mis-management by successive boards before the sisu debacle.
Yes and that is probably the same 60 million floating around now
Like mensioned before most owners in it for themselves only fans that suffer

oakey

The Football League confirmed in January that Pompey could be kicked out of the league if they don't come out of admin by end of June.
Also, 10 points deduction to be made, but didn't say this or next season. However, elsewhere their rules state it will be next season if already relegated this season.

MichaelCCFC

This thread deserves a bump. Pompey last month was a miserable day out except for meeting the Pompey Trust - top guys and tonight I'm certainly raising a glass to their brilliant achievement

georgehudson

so, is that therefore not a message to all Coventry fans, to get into the idea of a Sky Blue Trust,
other alternatives ?

Brighton Sky Blue

@BBCSport: BREAKING: Portsmouth are out of administration after Pompey Supporters' Trust completes purchase of club - via @solentsport

I take it they will get their points deduction next season now they're out and the deadline has passed?

Wrong:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22182724

They seem to get away with absolutely anything. What on Earth is the point in having the deduction this season?

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

About as much point as ours.

Yes they get away with everything. F A Cup Winners five years ago and now in the bottom Division. Life is so easy for some.

Ours killed off any possibility of a play off spot. Theirs is utterly pointless (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread