pompey pubs (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Any away pubs anyone is going to? Also many going on here?

Any away pubs anyone is going to? Also many going on here?

I went a few years back , there was a nice pub on the end right next to the harbour part, we looked at the ships then went in there , a bit further up there was a small narrow place with a pool table and juke box etc... , it was rougher than the other because the other done food and had tourists,

Just looked on street view , it was called The Victory and the food one called The Ship and Castle , we drank in them 2 and a wether spoons on the other part of the town

steveo1987

I went a few years back , there was a nice pub on the end right next to the harbour part, we looked at the ships then went in there , a bit further up there was a small narrow place with a pool table and juke box etc... , it was rougher than the other because the other done food and had tourists,

Just looked on street view , it was called The Victory and the food one called The Ship and Castle , we drank in them 2 and a wether spoons on the other part of the town

The Good Companion pub is ok.take the A2030 off the M27 into Southsea/Portsmouth.Follow it all the way down for a couple of miles and the pub is on a corner on the left,you won't miss it as its huge.park up the side street,Moorings way and the ground is around 10mins away.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The Still & West is a great pub if the weather is nice. Sit outside for close-up views of ships coming in and out of the harbour. Nice food too.
Link to their site... http://stillandwest.co.uk/ and for sat-navs: PO1 2JL
It's somewhere I always go when I cross the water. I just might be in there on Saturday :whistle:
Capture2_zps4056fbf5.jpg

Capture-3_zps0170a417.jpg

Skyblueweeman

The Spice Island opposite does nice food as well HH. Took the missus in there for dinner recently...really fresh fish.

Just in case anyones hungry like......

Mr pot

Closest to ground is the fawcett inn. Never ever had trouble in pompey myself. Generally sothsea I find best and there's loads of pubs down there

Houchens Head

The Spice Island opposite does nice food as well HH. Took the missus in there for dinner recently...really fresh fish.

Just in case anyones hungry like......

LOL!! I tend to catch my own fish SBW! Can't get fresher than that! Mackerel or bass straight from the sea! :claping hands:

rob9872

We don't have that option out of the grand union canal

Houchens Head

We don't have that option out of the grand union canal

Oh, I dunno Rob? Fried Wellington Boot covered with canal mud and gunge, seared over a medium heat for 20 minutes. Mmmmmmmmmmm!! Tasty! :)

rob9872

Wellington boots are a bit of a delicacy, but I broke my teeth on shopping trolleys and traffic cones are a little chewy.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Closest to ground is the fawcett inn. Never ever had trouble in pompey myself. Generally sothsea I find best and there's loads of pubs down there

....The fawcett inn....AKA.. "the rape"....

I agree that Southsea is the place to be....loads of good boozers around there....The Leopold & The wine vaults both did good ales last time I went to pompey.....The Bold Forester was a good laugh, if a bit lairy & lots of folk practising their lines in the toilets:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread